Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: boring boring cardiff

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:08 am

taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:I don't agree with everything Polo has said but there is a boring element to Citys play at the moment and going by the recent crowds there seem to be others who may think along the same lines. Due to working nights I could just about manage to watch todays game on the TV and I must admit I was turning over every now and then to watch the Grand Prix because of the lack of entertianment.

In my opinion Watford were more or less set-up the same way last season which was hard to beat but nothing eyecatching and they ended up finishing in the bottom half.

Don't get me wrong I've wanted Jones out for years because I knew he was sucking finances out of the club with his mega deal but lets be honest we all knew what we would be getting when MM had the job and thats why I wanted Di Matteo because I appreciate entertaining football.

That says absolutely everything we need to know I think.

The mind f*cking boggles :banghead:

Exactly what I was thinking, to be fair I also watched it on TV with a bunch of non-Cardiff supporters, but absolutely no way I would've let anyone near the remote. That game was on until the end, no exceptions.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:18 am

taffyapple wrote:
Midfield general wrote:I don't agree with everything Polo has said but there is a boring element to Citys play at the moment and going by the recent crowds there seem to be others who may think along the same lines. Due to working nights I could just about manage to watch todays game on the TV and I must admit I was turning over every now and then to watch the Grand Prix because of the lack of entertianment.

In my opinion Watford were more or less set-up the same way last season which was hard to beat but nothing eyecatching and they ended up finishing in the bottom half.

Don't get me wrong I've wanted Jones out for years because I knew he was sucking finances out of the club with his mega deal but lets be honest we all knew what we would be getting when MM had the job and thats why I wanted Di Matteo because I appreciate entertaining football.

That says absolutely everything we need to know I think.

The mind f*cking boggles :banghead:

Had a good feeling Midfield-General was a plastic. Good to see now his opinion means even less. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:Polo, I know you were and are a big Dave Jones fan, but remember Jones had millions to give players in wages and what did we win, f**k all.
Jones got paid nearly a mill in wages with his bonus.

Malky is on peanuts compared to him and been given peanuts compared to what DJ had to give players.

We now have a team of fighters/passion/never say die and a team that want to play for us and our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

You keep on saying this yet never post any actual facts on the wage bill ECT. Lets all all remember why Dave was brought in and that was to do a job on the cheap after the shit hit the fan , which people always seem to forget it was Lennie Lawrence that was able to spend big , but to some here's a hero on here :?.Lets all remember what Dave Jones in terms of Cup runs, Players sold for massive profit for the Club and getting to the Playoff Final with Club almost going under and a BIG fat transfer embargo put in the Club. Dave did a lot a good for the Club, but last year didn't work and it was time for a change, but lets not look over what a good Job Jones did for the Club bar last season (which was going great until we played Swansea at home and that messed up the whole season)

Lets see if the Club as a never say die and passion come the end of the season, because Watford tailed off last season even with Malky

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:12 am

polo wrote:So dissapointed. when mm was recruited i was really looking forward to our new style. after all his watford team were gun ho abd full of attacking flair as we saw in our two games last season.

Hes just put a team of workhorses together at city. no flair, no pace, no entertainment.

He will get time to put it right but so far a little dissapointed.

Can't be arsed reading the rest of the thread, so...

It's pretty clear Mackay is building a team. To do that, he's clearly concentrating on getting the base in place - making us difficult to beat. There were some good moves, with flair pace and entertainment.

If you want us to play like Barcelona, well, we're in the Championship. The attacking side of things will improve over time.

Yesterday, we matched a side who have invested heavily. A decent point despite losing Conway's pace, despite losing Earnie's pace, despite Gestede hobbling the last 15 minutes, despite Super Kev struggling the last 5 minutes.

Watford, he inherited the side. Here, he's had to totally rebuild.

Anybody who is disappointed in a manager who has had to overhaul the side pretty extensively yet has suffered only one defeat in the league so far clearly has overly high expectations.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:03 am

polo wrote:
KP1964 wrote:Would you rather City playing entertaining football and losing 5-4 or boring and winning 1-0....I know which I would prefer!!! :D

Would rather won one and lose two goalfests than play negative and draw every game.

Im just a bit surprised. this was not malkys philosophy at watford.

What games have you been watching pal? Granted we dont have the bellamys, bothroyds etc.. with their flair to provide you with your goalfests, but we have a solid defence and decent midfield, one or 2 attacking signings and we will do alright until jan!

It sounds like you are a newish supporter who has gotten to used to the DJ/Riddler regime of high profile/ high wages era! return to reality.... alternatively, if you want goalfests go buy a season ticket at man ure or man shity!

the only major negative yday was that 4 of our players got injured and now our squad is bare. but i trust malky will see warnign signs now and will recruit in the loan window very soon.

:ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Haha. newish supporter. u got to laugh. ive done bout 80 grounds in 25 years watching city so please dont condesend me and tell me who i should and shouldnt support.

I am not exoecting to win every game but i was expecting more attacking football. even against doncaster where we won we were f*cking dire.

Just my opinion but i get all this abuse and threats. sad as f**k.

Seems like you can only have an opinion on here if the masses agree which is quite ironic considering this board was set up because annis was gettin hounded fir his opinions on ccmb.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Polo, I know you were and are a big Dave Jones fan, but remember Jones had millions to give players in wages and what did we win, f**k all.

Malky is on peanuts compared to him and been given peanuts compared to what DJ had to give players.

We now have a team of fighters/passion/never say die and a team that want to play for us and our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

as a fan i felt like i was sufforcating at the end of DJs era......with malky i feel like im breathing fresh air again, a most wonderful feeling......that was a fantastic result yesterday considering. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:04 pm

polo wrote:So dissapointed. when mm was recruited i was really looking forward to our new style. after all his watford team were gun ho abd full of attacking flair as we saw in our two games last season.

Hes just put a team of workhorses together at city. no flair, no pace, no entertainment.

If you think we're boring, don't watch us.

Frankly, I doubt Malky and his boring players will miss you.

How boring.

On a realistic note, be careful what you wish for. I don't think you've ever seen Swansea City play a full 90 minutes otherwise then you'd know exactly what boring football is. Until the point comes when you can justify describing Cardiff City's current football as boring without merely looking and the scorelines and dictating so, you can only go down as a deluded person.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:06 pm

I should probably add that yesterday was the first time we'd failed to score in any of our games this season.

The very first time.

So what is it that makes football exciting for you?

It can't be goals, otherwise you'd be satisfied with Cardiff City having scored in all but one of their games so far this season.

Come on Polo, you've opened your gob, now back it up.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:31 pm

People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are rediculous, he's still entitled to it.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:35 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are rediculous, he's still entitled to it.

As I said though, an opinion is generally crafted after considering all the evidence to hand.

polo hasn't done that, quite clearly.

It's not an opinion, it's a farce.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:36 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:People are entitled to their opinions, even if they are rediculous, he's still entitled to it.

As I said though, an opinion is generally crafted after considering all the evidence to hand.

Perhaps he was fustrated with the Leicester game? I didn't enjoy it that much, still happy with the result mind.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:48 pm

Polo,I too was a fan of DJ and his team but like all thing the time was right for a change.Give the guy a chance,he's only been here 5mins And I for 1 like what hes done so far.I think our side will get better and better as the season goes on and I still think we will be at least top six by the end of the season.How would you feel now if we'ed gone out and spent the same money as leicester-When you look at what they've got you've got to wonder why there not top but the reality is there not and last time I looked they were below us.Theres more to come from MM yet where as I don't think Leicester will get any better than they are now.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:49 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:Polo,I too was a fan of DJ and his team but like all thing the time was right for a change.Give the guy a chance,he's only been here 5mins And I for 1 like what hes done so far.I think our side will get better and better as the season goes on and I still think we will be at least top six by the end of the season.How would you feel now if we'ed gone out and spent the same money as leicester-When you look at what they've got you've got to wonder why there not top but the reality is there not and last time I looked they were below us.Theres more to come from MM yet where as I don't think Leicester will get any better than they are now.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:50 pm

Last season, Bellamy, Chopra and Bothroyd (first half of the season)
would have had Leicester at sixes and sevens at the back. We would
all have been 'ooing and aahing' at their excellent exciting attacking
flair.

Unfortunately, that midfield of Leicesters would have overrun our
midfield, and Beckford/Vassell running at our defenders last term??....

We'd have got trounced

and not one poster on here would have been chuffed to bit at how
exciting we were when we were in the final third

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:11 pm

Midfield general sorry mate but you're an embarrassment! If you dont want to watch the game that's up to you but don't come on here after the game as if you're andy gray and telling us what malky should do etc. it's clear to me that cardiff is not the team for you and you should go support man city

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:14 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:

If you think we're boring, don't watch us.

He has to watch us. He's a City fan. Like it or loathe it, if you are a real City fan you always will be regardless of if you agree with a bunch of timewasters like me on the interweb. It is a game of opinions and this Polo bloke has been to heaps of grounds over 25years. Regardless of whether or not I agree with him, he has a right to an opinion.

I think Earnie is past it and Miller is lacking confidence. I think they were both bad signings as I think they are crap. I will still support the City though and watch them even if we are playing shit like in the first half. We did great in the second half. Very happy with a draw against a far superior team.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:27 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:

My opinion is a farce because it doesnt agree with yours?

I already gave my evidence. no pace. no creativity, no entertainment. Malky has signed 2 forwards who cannot play together and generally we are not creating many chances.
the bristol 1st half aside the football has been very scrappy at home. blackpool aside we havent created hardly anything away from home.

I pay my season ticket im entitled to my opinion.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:31 pm

taffyapple wrote:Last season, Bellamy, Chopra and Bothroyd (first half of the season)
flair.

We'd have got trounced

Another nonsense assumption.

Leicester are not superior to qpr last season. We gave them a right go and whilst same result it gave the crowd something to get excited about. a proper football match.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:33 pm

polo wrote:
taffyapple wrote:Last season, Bellamy, Chopra and Bothroyd (first half of the season)
flair.

We'd have got trounced

Another nonsense assumption.

Leicester are not superior to qpr last season. We gave them a right go and whilst same result it gave the crowd something to get excited about. a proper football match.

A proper football match is in the lower leagues or non league these days. Team playing for the sake of playing on crap wages (compared to championship and prem), with proper terraced stadiums and local, loyal passionate fans.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:49 pm

Got to admit that i have'nt been caught up in this Malky love-in & so far i've found our play sterile, let's just hope it's just a gelling of the team & play will become better to the eye as we progress but so far i'm a bit dissapointed with our style of play.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:10 pm

bluebirds over.... wrote:Got to admit that i have'nt been caught up in this Malky love-in & so far i've found our play sterile, let's just hope it's just a gelling of the team & play will become better to the eye as we progress but so far i'm a bit dissapointed with our style of play.

Have to agree with you there,i thought it was odds on Gestede would have started yesterday after his MOM perfomance in the cup game,yet MM persists with Miller and/or Earnie and yet we still kept pumping high balls up to them only for us to give possession straight back to them,as soon as he did come on the game changed,me and most of my mates all agree on this so if we can see it why cant MM and his staff see it

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:14 pm

Interesting. City had one less shot on target than Leicester on Saturday, despite not having a consistent 11-man line up for more than 20 minutes at any point.

At Blackpool we had 15 attempts on target to their 9, and 10 off target to their two.

Claims that the Doncaster game was boring are nullified by the fact we had 6 shots on target, 7 off target and 7 corners to Donny's two.

At Pompey we had 9 on target to their 7.

Even when we were dominated at home to Brighton we had 7 shots on target to their 3.

And we've scored in every game this season bar one.

How boring.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:43 pm

Top Post :)

For me watching payers give their all for their club on the pitch week in week out is the entertainment
What price Phil stant ? Priceless :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:17 pm

DaveSheffield wrote:Interesting. City had one less shot on target than Leicester on Saturday, despite not having a consistent 11-man line up for more than 20 minutes at any point.

At Blackpool we had 15 attempts on target to their 9, and 10 off target to their two.

Claims that the Doncaster game was boring are nullified by the fact we had 6 shots on target, 7 off target and 7 corners to Donny's two.

Even when we were dominated at home to Brighton we had 7 shots on target to their 3.

How boring.

just goes to prove how nonsensical these stats are. brighton played us off the park yet your stats argument says otherwise.

Ill judge MY opinion on what i see and so far the play has been laboured and not very creative.

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:31 pm

I've been thoroughly entertained so far this season, I'm pleased with the 110% commitment, we still need squad strengthening to keep us in touch with the top six, and yesterday we were unlucky with the four injuries, but battled for a well deserved point, probably last year with the same scenario, we would have lost the game. :ayatollah:

Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:16 pm

polo wrote:
DaveSheffield wrote:Interesting. City had one less shot on target than Leicester on Saturday, despite not having a consistent 11-man line up for more than 20 minutes at any point.

How boring.

just goes to prove how nonsensical these stats are. brighton played us off the park yet your stats argument says otherwise.

Ill judge MY opinion on what i see and so far the play has been laboured and not very creative.

Theres gotta be some creativity to be producing that many chances. Have you perhaps tried watching the match instead of moaning? :roll:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:21 pm

POLO was that BORING BORING CARDIFF :shock: :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:21 pm

OMG how boring was that game!! beat the table toppers but nearly fell asleep by the performance........!!!!!!!!!!!!! :old:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awesome ....battled , Kenny took his two goals well .. I'm chuffed to bits... BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoBirds...!! :ayatollah:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:18 am

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

POLO was that BORING BORING CARDIFF :shock: :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Scrappy game. Didnt create much again just playing to nullify the opposition and feeding off scraps.

We got a luck break with the mix up and it changed the game. Before then we seemed happy to be playing for a nil-nil again.