Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT/STATEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:39 pm

The return to Blue & Bluebird on our chest needs to be drummed into them. A compromise would not be welcome and I will continue to stay away along with many others. Tan and his bumboys need to understand that it's more than just a company logo and a colour. It's our history and identity! It's who we are!

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:40 pm

Annis,

If you are going Pro Blue and Badge back , then I am happy you represent my position.
What I don't understand is why they are inviting people back , who were pro Red and wanted to Bully people into a position they didn't want to be in.
What's to stop that happening again?
Didn't affect me as I will always be Blue and wear Blue to the games no matter what..

Also why not invite say 20 random Fans off the database , that the club doesn't know that well , so they can get an independent straw poll of how non Inner Circle Fans feel?

Just my opinion .

Steve

WE WILL ALWAYS BE BLUE :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:45 pm

undybluebird wrote:Annis,

If you are going Pro Blue and Badge back , then I am happy you represent my position.
What I don't understand is why they are inviting people back , who were pro Red and wanted to Bully people into a position they didn't want to be in.
Didn't affect me as I will always be Blue and where Blue to the games no matter what..

Also why not invite say 20 random Fans off the database , that the club doesn't know that well , so they can get an independent straw poll of how non Inner Circle Fans feel?

Just my opinion .

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes I am going and the only thing on my mind is our Identity back in full :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I have tried to question why a pro Red fan would be invited,but I was told everyone from the past,plus another 27 names from all the other Supporters groups,not my decisions.

I can only give my Opinion and Beliefs and Its RETURN US TO OUR TRUE IDENTITY,Not interested in anything else :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Annis Jnr :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Didn't affect me as I will always be Blue and where Blue to the games no matter what..

Just my opinion .

Steve

Hi Steve,

Yes I am going and the only thing on my mind is our Identity back in full :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I have tried to question why a pro Red fan would be invited,but I was told everyone from the past,plus another 27 names from all the other Supporters groups,not my decisions.

I can only give my Opinion and Beliefs and Its RETURN US TO OUR TRUE IDENTITY,Not interested in anything else :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Thank you Annis - the club knows what we all want - we can make that stadium a real home and a fortress if we get our colours and badge back. Use me as another example if you want - 30 years a season ticket holder and I will 100% not be renewing unless a re-brand reverse is announced. Every single Cardiff City fan I know feels real disconnect with the club at present and a large percentage of them will not be renewing either. Help get our Bluebirds back Annis and we can celebrate like never before!!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:52 pm

Just why has TLG been invited, he is not a fan!

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:58 pm

I have not seen the full list of 40 names,so I honestly dont know who else has been invited from what I have posted earlier.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:59 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Just my opinion .

Steve

Hi Steve,

Thank you Annis - the club knows what we all want - we can make that stadium a real home and a fortress if we get our colours and badge back. Use me as another example if you want - 30 years a season ticket holder and I will 100% not be renewing unless a re-brand reverse is announced. Every single Cardiff City fan I know feels real disconnect with the club at present and a large percentage of them will not be renewing either. Help get our Bluebirds back Annis and we can celebrate like never before!!!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Just my opinion .

Steve

Hi Steve,

Hi Annis , Ok that's fair enough , good luck , lets hope they finally see sense. Steve :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:04 pm

undybluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Just my opinion .

Steve

Hi Steve,

Hi Annis , Ok that's fair enough , good luck , lets hope they finally see sense. Steve :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

They have to Steve,if they dont a divided club will only fail :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:04 pm

AfanBluebird wrote:The return to Blue & Bluebird on our chest needs to be drummed into them. A compromise would not be welcome and I will continue to stay away along with many others. Tan and his bumboys need to understand that it's more than just a company logo and a colour. It's our history and identity! It's who we are!

100% Afan, must be BLUE & BADGE back - minimum.

I can depend on Annis and Carl to put my views but my worry is that a lot of the rest will be handpicked pro Red's (are there any of them left? surely cannot be that many now? can there?)

Blooobirds Forever !!! :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:06 pm

Annis phoned me this morning saying he had mail with a ticket invite in for thursday this was his reaction below and the thought of ploughing blue across the round table :laughing6:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Blue and Badge fine with me

Can we swap canton and family stand and lose Wayne Nash and his stormtroopers?

Other things on wish list;

Safe standing area
cheaper tickets

Also

Will they do egg and cress sandwiches for midweek games????

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:13 pm

Why are people so unbelievably naive & gullible in believing he will listen to the views of the fans.

Has the foreign tyrant ever listened to the fans before?

Its all false promises & nothing else.

He has dragged the history & the good name of our club through the dirt & made us a laughing stock.

So the only course of action is to boycott the matches until the foreign tyrant & his equally complicit cronies have boarded the plane back to Malaysia.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:16 pm

The fact the club has invited people that made threats or stood shoulder to shoulder with those that made threats is an utter disgrace Ccfc should be ashamed of its self the circus goes on

Re: " CARDIFF CITY FOOTBALL CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT "

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:18 pm

joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

Jon, are you saying that the group who led the way from the beginning, Bluebirds Unite, won't be represented? TEZA :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:18 pm

back in the day we used to just support a club

i dont really want to know the politics and the ins and outs of a cats arse about the running of a football club

just give us our old club back to support and im there

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:19 pm

I'll start by saying I am pro blue but I am not sure we have got much hope of arguing that red was accepted by the fans on the basis of a £100m investment of equity. Therefore the first thing on my shopping list would be get them to explain why Tan hasn't done what he promised and instead saddled us with £100m of debt.

Once Tan has sorted that and showed he is actually the man of honour he would like us to believe at least we have a viable future and can start fighting for:-
- our colours and badge back
- reasonable ticket prices
- some decent football to watch
- any other topics people feel strongly about

At this point being back in blue doesn't solve our massive debt problem.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:21 pm

TERRYB wrote:
joncandy wrote:Interesting that I've got a Cardiff City facebook page with nearly 170k people on it, more than 10 times the number of the forums but not an invite...

Jon, are you saying that the group who led the way from the beginning, Bluebirds Unite, won't be represented? TEZA :bluescarf:

Sian will be at the round table as shes on the trust board now so she will be there i assume. :thumbup:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:23 pm

ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:Why are people so unbelievably naive & gullible in believing he will listen to the views of the fans.

Has the foreign tyrant ever listened to the fans before?

Its all false promises & nothing else.

He has dragged the history & the good name of our club through the dirt & made us a laughing stock.

So the only course of action is to boycott the matches until the foreign tyrant & his equally complicit cronies have boarded the plane back to Malaysia.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Agree. I think everyone will be disappointed after the meeting. Tan does what he wants, and I think this will be a meeting where the fans will be told exactly what is and what isn't going to happen to the club. I don't think there will be much discussion or compromise, just a statement read out on behalf of Tan with supporters probably being told to like it or lump it. Tan is not going to change his mind any time soon on the colour being changed back to blue.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:26 pm

Sian Branson is invited and rightly so :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Just my opinion .

Steve

Hi Steve,

Your position is very clear, lets hope everyone at the meeting shares your passion for restoring the club's identity, good luck Thursday Annis :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Whether you believe Tan will listen or not, this is an opportunity to tell it as it is.

Can I suggest a sticky re the back to blue, maybe with a poll? At least then those going can present some figures rather than just say how they feel.

I also think this should be a single issue meeting - back to blue. The moment we start whinging about stewards; cost of tickets; cost of food and beer they'll latch on to that and will perhaps make concessions on some of those things to show they are listening when most simply want a return to blue. The other stuff can follow at a later date

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:38 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Just my opinion .

Steve

Hi Steve,

Your position is very clear, lets hope everyone at the meeting shares your passion for restoring the club's identity, good luck Thursday Annis :thumbup: :thumbup: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Cheers Thomas, Lets hope so :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:41 pm

I suppose even this meeting is a step forward, just hope it's going to be one that gets them to listen rather than them giving half promises like the ' if we get back to the prem ' crap... I don't want to hear any of that! But saying that, I got faith in you Annis! And hope there's not much of the pro Reds there! It's not much to ask is it, change in colour and badge!! Surely it's about time they worked it out.. It's the only way!! Make us blue back home! Never to be changed again.. :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:42 pm

Igovernor wrote:Just why has TLG been invited, he is not a fan!

He should be held high as a glowing beacon of what is ( what used to be) admirable about Cardiff City football club

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:44 pm

I think the chances of us returning to blue are zero.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:100% return to Blue and our proper badge - as soon as possible. Any other discussions can wait :bluescarf:

100% TOTALLY AGREE & THATS MY VIEWS/OPINIONS :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

That's good as you as one of the 40 represent my view (and probably 75% of the fan base)

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I represent myself and I do what I want :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're not that good, you're no Peter Whittingham. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:06 pm

I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see Tan changing us back to blue. That all I see them doing is buttering us up ready for season ticket sales.

Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Im glad something is being recognised by the club and glad things have started to be discussed BUT.

I here the same people who went to with the yes vote are going again.
Those people we all no who fucked us over the last time so I am fuming they get a say.

I am assuming this will be a first consultation which will result in a full season ticket holders referendum on a fair democratic vote which should of happened last time.

I do not wish for these same f*cking people taking shit on my behalf I can do that myself in a fair vote.
Lets hope its fair and just thats all I ask and its fair .