Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF "

Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:45 pm

ThomasC wrote:huge respect to Russell Slade for telling Tan the truth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: if he has played a significant part in the reversal, we should recognise that fact. Good luck to those attending, and I hope some common sense prevails over beer mat badge :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Would respect him for that :bluescarf:
Shame he can't manage.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote::bluescarf: " I CAN SEE OUR CLUB RETURNING TO BLUE/IF? " :bluescarf:

Ive been told it really hit home to Vincent Tan, Ken Choo and Mehmet Dalman the empty Cardiff City stadium on Friday night and since then its been all stations go to sort things out with our fans.

They also dont want to look like theyve destroyed a Football Club.

Plus,I know this sounds strange,but Russell Slade,Tans appointment has been speaking strongly to Tan regarding the divide in our club and that it can never work and its hurting the team.

Tan wants out,Tan needs Premiership football to restore his pride and most of his money and a divided club will not get him this.

I am expecting City to announce that Our Blue will be restored " IF " the meeting goes well on Thursday,when I mean well, our fans to be united and respectful and then it to be announced maybe within 48hrs after the meeting has taken place :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Let's hope your right, if all that's coming out of the club then it can only be good news :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:21 pm

I will definitely renew ONLY IF blue is restored AND the Bluebird is our main emblem.

Please please no compromise on this.

Red away kit is fine and a dragon can feature on the back of the shirt like we did a few years ago.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
ThomasC wrote:huge respect to Russell Slade for telling Tan the truth :ayatollah: :ayatollah: if he has played a significant part in the reversal, we should recognise that fact. Good luck to those attending, and I hope some common sense prevails over beer mat badge :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Would respect him for that :bluescarf:
Shame he can't manage.

Russell Slade is a top man. :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:26 pm

If, Tan gives the all clear to a return Blue, will we be aloud to under league rules?

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:28 pm

Annis, will the 40 be united in calling for the return of the Bluebird badge? I think it's important to call for that too. I wouldn't accept a compromise.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Neath Bluebird wrote:If, Tan gives the all clear to a return Blue, will we be aloud to under league rules?

Yes, FA have not introduced any rules since we were rebranded (i don't think). And even if we're not, i'm sure the FA would make an exception as we were blue for 100 years before hand, and know it would be the right thing to do. If they don't then a lot of people, and not just our fans, would be on to them.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 pm

Let's hope it's a good outcome
:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:59 pm

I think the chances of a return to blue are about the same as me having a threesome with Beyoncé & Shakira this weekend. :lol:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:17 am

I would also love some concrete clarity from this meet on Tans past and future involvement and influence on football matters (selection, tactics/recruitment/scouting/transfers/training etc) This is a self confessed football novice who needs to put the historic rumours to bed about the level of his involvement on the pitch. :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:21 am

2blue2handle wrote:I don't think he will lose face by changing us back to blue, I think people will respect him more. I have no issue with tan other than the rebrand.

I'm with you on that statement, Luke :thumbup: :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:39 am

Let's hope that everyone invited to the meeting is respectful and patient. That means NO abuse! Be professional and polite boys and girls - that's the way to get what you want. :ayatollah:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:35 pm

They are even now saying its looking good on the BLUEBIRD on the badge, well we only have till tomorrow to wait now,hopefully they really do see sense :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:They are even now saying its looking good on the BLUEBIRD on the badge, well we only have till tomorrow to wait now,hopefully they really do see sense :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Red seats changed ??? :lol:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:38 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:They are even now saying its looking good on the BLUEBIRD on the badge, well we only have till tomorrow to wait now,hopefully they really do see sense :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:40 pm

Bluebina wrote:

ha ha forgot all about thos red seats i try not to look up :lol: :lol:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

:lol: :lol:

I can deal with the red seats, the aim is to fill them full of Bluebirds anyway :D

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Annis, this would claw back a lot of credibility and respect the Club have lost.
We need to go in there positive :thumbup:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:45 pm

Who's saying :?:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:45 pm

eighty_8 wrote:

Annis, this would claw back a lot of credibility and respect the Club have lost.

Totally agree :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

Hi Annis, you seem really positive and up beat that we could be getting a return to blue.

From what you have been told do you have any nagging doubt that this may not happen?

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:01 pm

This is more exciting than waiting for one of Carl's Updates! :thumbup:

(Well, not quite!) ;) :lol: :lol:

Annis, do you think we can invite 40 people to get that particular 'City Tradition' re-instated, too???? :hello1: :hello1:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:17 pm

THE DON wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
eighty_8 wrote:

Hi Annis, you seem really positive and up beat that we could be getting a return to blue.

From what you have been told do you have any nagging doubt that this may not happen?

Hi Don,
My only doubts are, that Ive been told if we are not united as one and turn on each other or slag Tan down in the meeting then we wont get any where. :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:18 pm

Sven wrote:

This is more exciting than waiting for one of Carl's Updates! :thumbup:

(Well, not quite!) ;) :lol: :lol:

Annis, do you think we can invite 40 people to get that particular 'City Tradition' re-instated, too???? :hello1: :hello1:

:lol: :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Chris,its really looking positive :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:58 pm

Don't forget that he can promise us the world tomorrow - old badge restored, blue kit, decent signings and an obvious assault on promotion back to the Prem, just to get all us doubters to renew our season tickets over the next couple of months.

But By the time it comes to the club submitting the badge and shirt designs for next season he could have a change of heart and still keep us in red.

The meeting is a positive step, but I still don't trust him.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:Don't forget that he can promise us the world tomorrow - old badge restored, blue kit, decent signings and an obvious assault on promotion back to the Prem, just to get all us doubters to renew our season tickets over the next couple of months.

But By the time it comes to the club submitting the badge and shirt designs for next season he could have a change of heart and still keep us in red.

Agree with this , I still don't think we will get what we want out of this meeting I think the most we will get is . If all the fans stop protesting get behind the team blah blah blah then they may consider reviewing the kits.
We need it to be unconditional that we get the blue kits back I just can't see it , I really hope I'm wrong

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:20 pm

darran1927 wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:Don't forget that returnan promise us the world tomorrow - old badge restored, blue kit, decent signings and an obvious assault on promotion back to the Prem, just to get all us doubters to renew our season tickets over the next couple of months.

Agree with this , I still don't think we will get what we want out of this meeting I think the most we will get is . If all the fans stop protesting get behind the team blah blah blah then they may consider reviewing the kits.
We need it to be unconditional that we get the blue kits back I just can't see it , I really hope I'm wrong

No way will they will ask fans to stop protests for promise return to blue! They no it won't work. :thumbup:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
darran1927 wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:Don't forget that returnan promise us the world tomorrow - old badge restored, blue kit, decent signings and an obvious assault on promotion back to the Prem, just to get all us doubters to renew our season tickets over the next couple of months.

No way will they will ask fans to stop protests for promise return to blue! They no it won't work. :thumbup:

I'm just not trying to get my hopes up I just can't see them just given us what we want , with us having to put up with the rebrand for what seems like an eternity . I really hope we get what we want I'm just worried we wont

Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:25 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
darran1927 wrote:

spot on Allan :thumbup:

Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:34 pm

Steve Borley confirmed to me on twitter that the meeting is discussing the rebrand , I'm feeling a bit more optimistic now :bluescarf: