Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED ' THIS TUESDAY IN THE HIGH COURT VINCENT TAN '

Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:50 pm

Im reading this and while I know people don't like Tan I don't really see the logic in having a pop at him over this.

Tan has made debt but he doesn't call it in and I believe charges 0% interest - Bad guy?

"Langston" fronted by Sam Hammam who made the debt, calling it in after charging interest? - Good guy?

If anything we should be grateful to Tan for paying off any of Sam's debt. If it was me I don't think id have been as kind. Even if Tan/The club cant prove they have done anything long its certainly more than dodgy.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Im reading this and while I know people don't like Tan I don't really see the logic in having a pop at him over this.

Tan has made debt but he doesn't call it in and I believe charges 0% interest - Bad guy?

"Langston" fronted by Sam Hammam who made the debt, calling it in after charging interest? - Good guy?

If anything we should be grateful to Tan for paying off any of Sam's debt. If it was me I don't think id have been as kind. Even if Tan/The club cant prove they have done anything long its certainly more than dodgy.

Only Annis Sam's mate thinks he's a good guy most people see him for what he was a lier ,intresting that tan has written off another 13 million and in total over 20 million nearly the whole langstone debt but still some have go

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:21 pm

wez1927 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Im reading this and while I know people don't like Tan I don't really see the logic in having a pop at him over this.

Only Annis Sam's mate thinks he's a good guy most people see him for what he was a lier ,intresting that tan has written off another 13 million and in total over 20 million nearly the whole langstone debt but still some have go

My concern about Sam was he saw city as chance of doing another wimbledon? Hence council didnt let/want him anywhere near new stadium! :o

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

My concern about Sam was he saw city as chance of doing another wimbledon? Hence council didnt let/want him anywhere near new stadium! :o

He was and still is a Highwayman :shock:

He has done extremely well out of the Club and only fools would not think he was the man behind Langstone.

With all the troubles around the World about fixing and corruption etc if this drops on the Bench of an interesting Judge(s) SH maybe in for a bit of a shock :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:45 pm

The Court won't be interested who is Batman and who is the Joker. The Judge will have no emotional attachment to either side nor Cardiff City FC.

He will only be interested if there has been a breach in the contract to repay the £24m loan notes to Langston. There has no doubt been a breach (as the club have not kept up payments) so it is up to Tan to explain why.

Obviously I have not seen any papers but if Tan's defence amounts to Sam not being a nice guy then he is (and we are) in trouble.

BTW I agree with your overall comments about Tan. He seems to have made a mistake here but to have already repaid £16m and writing off £13m of debt is very honourable.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He has done extremely well out of the Club and only fools would not think he was the man behind Langstone.

With all the troubles around the World about fixing and corruption etc if this drops on the Bench of an interesting Judge(s) SH maybe in for a bit of a shock :ayatollah:

How has Sam Hammam done well out of Cardiff City? Even if all of the monies are repaid he would only be getting his money back 12 years after spending it. He made nothing out of the new stadium project despite spending huge amounts of money on it planning. The only people I can think of who did well out of CCFC were PMG and Peter Ridsdale.

Any Judge will only be interested in the facts about the 2013 agreement and whether CCFC/VT have breached the agreement.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:01 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

How has Sam Hammam done well out of Cardiff City? Even if all of the monies are repaid he would only be getting his money back 12 years after spending it. He made nothing out of the new stadium project despite spending huge amounts of money on it planning. The only people I can think of who did well out of CCFC were PMG and Peter Ridsdale.

Any Judge will only be interested in the facts about the 2013 agreement and whether CCFC/VT have breached the agreement.

Ha ha another Sheep, he made millions out of the Club, like most of them have.

Numerous expenses for his consultancy companies (500k) on one occasion. He put money into the club and took much much much much more than that out.

He will probably get the bulk of the Langston money as well.

You need to go and speak to Wimbledon supporters, oops unless you were one of the takers :digging2:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:08 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Numerous expenses for his consultancy companies (500k) on one occasion. He put money into the club and took much much much much more than that out.

You need to go and speak to Wimbledon supporters, oops unless you were one of the takers :digging2:

From what I remember Sam wrote off £6m of debt owed to him, much of it made up of those consultancy fees/wages you talk about. He may have charged the club fees but he never received payment for them. Therefore he didn't take the money out.

Whatever happens to the Langston money is up to Langston it's their cash. Whoever put the £24m in will receive it back, if that's Sam Hammam then so be it. Personally I believe Sam is only a small part of a bigger consortium.

No idea what you mean by 'taker' I'm a season ticket holder only.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree with you people who say he never are deluded ,he was saying it was his Money all the time when it was citi banks ,I just hope that the club get him / langstone away from the club once and for all

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

From what I remember Sam wrote off £6m of debt owed to him, much of it made up of those consultancy fees/wages you talk about. He may have charged the club fees but he never received payment for them. Therefore he didn't take the money out.

Whatever happens to the Langston money is up to Langston it's their cash. Whoever put the £24m in will receive it back, if that's Sam Hammam then so be it. Personally I believe Sam is only a small part of a bigger consortium.

This is the guy who would not sign off the takeover/stadium etc unless he had a further 500k at the last minute.

Some bloke and obviously didn't give a shite about the Club :old:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:14 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

This is the guy who would not sign off the takeover/stadium etc unless he had a further 500k at the last minute.

Some bloke and obviously didn't give a shite about the Club :old:[/quotehttp://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/nov/08/newsstory.cardiffcity. Intresting article from when Sam hamman left

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:15 pm

http://www.theguardian.com/football/200 ... ardiffcity

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:18 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Totally agree with you people who say he never are deluded ,he was saying it was his Money all the time when it was citi banks ,I just hope that the club get him / langstone away from the club once and for all

When did Sam Hammam say it was his own money?

I remember right back to 2000 when he bought the club he paid £3.5m and clearly said that was the last time he would put money into CCFC

When we started buying players and making plans for the new stadium everyone assumed that it was Sam's money, he never ever claimed it was.

Calling people deluded in order to strengthen an opinion is pathetic at best. :roll:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:20 pm

Tony, your a very honest poster and have always stayed down the middle and say it as it is.

You will never win with some posters even if your spot on, they won't admit it.

Even we admitted to my face, he does it to wind me up as a joke.

So your wasting your time.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I remember right back to 2000 when he bought the club he paid £3.5m and clearly said that was the last time he would put money into CCFC

When we started buying players and making plans for the new stadium everyone assumed that it was Sam's money, he never ever claimed it was.

Calling people deluded in order to strengthen an opinion is pathetic at best. :roll:

He Said it a few times to the inner circle, on bloody interviews and in the echo

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Some bloke and obviously didn't give a shite about the Club :old:[/quotehttp://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/nov/08/newsstory.cardiffcity. Intresting article from when Sam hamman left

Did he get his £500k? PMG loaned the club £9m @ 7% interest pa. Over the course of the loan they took out at least £2/3m interest.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He Said it a few times to the inner circle, on bloody interviews and in the echo

Evidence?

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I didn't call you deluded.

It's old news anyway and either way I hope it's sorted and gone for good.

Am more interested in the team than poxy politics within the club as it ruins the club in people's eyes. :ayatollah:

I will just say 2 people who made fortunes out of CCFC and did not even support the club or even like football.

Paul Guy and Mike Hall.

Yet No one says a word.

Hmmmm?

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:25 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Did he get his £500k? PMG loaned the club £9m @ 7% interest pa. Over the course of the loan they took out at least £2/3m interest.

Pmg done well too ,as so did risdale ,only time will tell if tan does well but at this time it doesn't look like he will

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will just say 2 people who made fortunes out of CCFC and did not even support the club or even like football.

Paul Guy and Mike Hall.

Yet No one says a word.

Hmmmm?

They played the game better than SH and VT and didn't court the cameras or media and sailed under the radar.

I did say and others, long list :ayatollah: of them

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:26 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Tony, your a very honest poster and have always stayed down the middle and say it as it is.

You will never win with some posters even if your spot on, they won't admit it.

Even we admitted to my face, he does it to wind me up as a joke.

So your wasting your time.

Yea I'll listen to you on this one :thumbup:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will just say 2 people who made fortunes out of CCFC and did not even support the club or even like football.

Paul Guy and Mike Hall.

Yet No one says a word.

Hmmmm?

They did do well but without them there wouldn't of been a new stadium ,I think pmg patient s ran out with risdake when they bought the hotel land for 1.7 million which bailed us out

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:28 pm

wez1927 wrote:Pmg done well too ,as so did risdale ,only time will tell if tan does well but at this time it doesn't look like he will

Well we can agree on one thing Tan's going to get his wallet burnt.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

how much interest did langstone charge
or do you think they put £24million in and only want £24 million back
just for the love of Cardiff city :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:31 pm

wez1927 wrote:Pmg done well too ,as so did risdale ,only time will tell if tan does well but at this time it doesn't look like he will

Well we can agree on one thing Tan's going to get his wallet burnt.

Only way he will make any money is by Cardiff being in the premier league and staying a long time

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:32 pm

I will state now, Tan will lose this court case and wasted £millions bringing it to court etc

Tan wasted £millions on the Rebrand,Players/ 6 CEO'S/Managers/Stadium over rebrand etc etc

All Facts.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I will state now, Tan will lose this court case and wasted £millions bringing it to court etc

Tan wasted £millions on the Rebrand,Players/ 6 CEO'S/Managers/Stadium over rebrand etc etc

All Facts.

But he's written off over 20 million already of HIS money also converted 6 million from debt to equity and let be honest it's his money he's lossing ,he could turn around at any moment and write the rest off as other football club owners have done

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:40 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I will state now, Tan will lose this court case and wasted £millions bringing it to court etc

All Facts.

But he's written off over 20 million already of HIS money also converted 6 million from debt to equity and let be honest it's his money he's lossing ,he could turn around at any moment and write the rest off as other football club owners have done

Wez, He did it all for show and to put his name out there, he's run Cardiff City absolutely diabolical and you have to be honest and admit that.
Money wasted is beyond.

But worse of all he's hurt our fan base, which could hurt us for many many years to come.

Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 pm

I agree any Judge will base it on if there has been a breach of contract.

However it's not unreasonable to ascertain who is Langston!

Guess that will be divulged to VT behind closed doors :bluescarf: