Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: UPDATED EXCLUSIVE UPDATE : CARDIFF CITY MANAGER

Sun May 15, 2016 9:45 am

It's sad to see that because he's not a big name fans don't want him everyone got to start somewhere even Jose.and remember we can sack him if things don't go to plan :thumbup:

Sun May 15, 2016 9:50 am

tylorstown18891 wrote:It's sad to see that because he's not a big name fans don't want him everyone got to start somewhere even Jose.and remember we can sack him if things don't go to plan :thumbup:

Wouldn't it be better to be proactive rather than reactive & get the right man un the job first time, as we will be in the same position or worse a little further down the line? We need man that can attract & inspire players & Trollope is not that I'm sorry.

Sun May 15, 2016 10:05 am

city74 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:It's sad to see that because he's not a big name fans don't want him everyone got to start somewhere even Jose.and remember we can sack him if things don't go to plan :thumbup:

Wouldn't it be better to be proactive rather than reactive & get the right man un the job first time, as we will be in the same position or worse a little further down the line? We need man that can attract & inspire players & Trollope is not that I'm sorry.
did you see his record at Bristol? I know what you mean don't get me wrong id love someone like warnock here but I'd certainly get behind trolls and the team if he got the job :thumbup:

Sun May 15, 2016 10:08 am

what do you mean everyone s got to start somewhere ..he was Bristol Rovers MANAGER FOR SEVERAL YEARS
:( :(

Sun May 15, 2016 10:17 am

tylorstown18891 wrote:
city74 wrote:

did you see his record at Bristol? I know what you mean don't get me wrong id love someone like warnock here but I'd certainly get behind trolls and the team if he got the job :thumbup:

Yes I did that's exactly why I don't want him he got SACKED by Rovers who were in the relegation zone in the tier below with a record of 106 wins, 107 losses & 71 draws. Now tell me is that the ideal candidate to take on the challenge of returning to the Premier League?

Sun May 15, 2016 10:17 am

kimble wrote:what do you mean everyone s got to start somewhere ..he was Bristol Rovers MANAGER FOR SEVERAL YEARS
and took them to the quarter finals of the fa cup plus promotion and a play off final without working with hughton in the championship and pl he's gt a decent record :thumbup:

Sun May 15, 2016 10:27 am

tylorstown18891 wrote:
kimble wrote:what do you mean everyone s got to start somewhere ..he was Bristol Rovers MANAGER FOR SEVERAL YEARS
and took them to the quarter finals of the fa cup plus promotion and a play off final without working with hughton in the championship and pl he's gt a decent record :thumbup:

Come on really?? He had a win record of 37.3% in the lower leagues with Rovers where he got dismissed from for being in the relegation zone! Getting to the quarter final FA Cup once is hardly a qualification for taking over a Championship level club neither is winning the FOURTH TIER play offs

He may well be a good coach but is he a head coach/manager by all accounts Steve McLaren is a fantastic coach but he's not a manager

Sun May 15, 2016 11:14 am

city74 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

Come on really?? He had a win record of 37.3% in the lower leagues with Rovers where he got dismissed from for being in the relegation zone! Getting to the quarter final FA Cup once is hardly a qualification for taking over a Championship level club neither is winning the FOURTH TIER play offs

He may well be a good coach but is he a head coach/manager by all accounts Steve McLaren is a fantastic coach but he's not a manager
i get your point :thumbright: but whatever manager he goes with we all know we're gonna be stuck with him for a while so we may as well get behind the team regardless on who takes charge :bluescarf:

Sun May 15, 2016 2:00 pm

Whoever gets the job they will have my full backing. Can remember when everyone was excited for Trollopes arrival.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154870&hilit=trollope
Now people are complaining, make your minds up haha
City Slicker wrote:It's rumoured Tan always liked the idea of a DOF. Is this a way of replacing Slade without losing face? The infamous sideways or upwards shuffle!

This guy called it ^^^^ haha

Sun May 15, 2016 3:03 pm

city74 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

Chris,

You are spot on here fella!

Of course we were pleased when Trollope arrived, slade was struggling and we were awful,

Trollope came in there was an Intial response and improvement but ultimately it was still not good enough! We still couldnt adapt when other teams made changes, we had no answers!

We def need a complete change! Manager, assistant and coaches! We really need to get this appointment right!

Sun May 15, 2016 4:05 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
city74 wrote:
tylorstown18891 wrote:

Chris,

You are spot on here fella!

Of course we were pleased when Trollope arrived, slade was struggling and we were awful,

Trollope came in there was an Intial response and improvement but ultimately it was still not good enough! We still couldnt adapt when other teams made changes, we had no answers!

We def need a complete change! Manager, assistant and coaches! We really need to get this appointment right!

Lets just wait and see what happens. Nothings been announced yet. :thumbup: Although I will be supporting whoever it ends up being

Sun May 15, 2016 7:19 pm

Got told something by a Welsh Baggie at the Hawthorns today. Bare in mind it's only a rumour But Tony Pulis may have played his last game for us. It's true that he has to meet Jeremy Peace and discuss his 1 year extension option. The rumour I got told is that he wants to go to Cardiff. As it's a project he can build on and get you back up. As I said pinch of salt because it is a rumour. But, we were talking about whether he'd stay because We've just hired somebody who does basically the same job as Gerry Francis in Nick Hammond. Which means he may not with us much longer. A possible option maybe?

Sun May 15, 2016 7:20 pm

Trollope is one thing.....if he gets the keys then fine he will get my full support. Seems like a good first team coach so hopefully he can get the tactics and motivation right to move the club forward. My Massive concern is the deadwood that still drags this club down...Slade moved on is great but what about Scott Young!? I'm sorry I stand by what I have said 6 months ago. You were a player I enjoyed supporting as a kid, but Ryan Giggs pedigree you are not. Your negativity sent Javi Guerra sprinting back to Spain, (where he hasn't done too shabby) backing Ravell who was a complete and utter imposter of a Championship worthy striker.... If Tan wants to get back to the prem he will need to do a bit more clearing out. If he really things that hiring yet another yes man is the way forward and a wise investment, I'm sorry but let him learn the hard way again by failure. This club in the state it is in needs a sure bet, an older manager who has been there doNE it, who knows the league. The owner and board are there to back sensible investments, not fund overpriced league one has been or never will bes....

Sun May 15, 2016 7:50 pm

Baggie192 wrote:Got told something by a Welsh Baggie at the Hawthorns today. Bare in mind it's only a rumour But Tony Pulis may have played his last game for us. It's true that he has to meet Jeremy Peace and discuss his 1 year extension option. The rumour I got told is that he wants to go to Cardiff. As it's a project he can build on and get you back up. As I said pinch of salt because it is a rumour. But, we were talking about whether he'd stay because We've just hired somebody who does basically the same job as Gerry Francis in Nick Hammond. Which means he may not with us much longer. A possible option maybe?

It was a strong rumour here a month or so ago, but seems to have gone cold, and as the rest of the thread says, it doesn't look like the type of Manager Tan would go for unfortunately.

I think he would come and if he did, would get us up within a few season"s.

It was in the Sun today that Aston Villa want him to take them up, if he goes there, the would be one of the top three places in tha Championship gone already !!!

It looks like we will get Trollope and finish bottom half, and lose another few thousand fans.......

Sun May 15, 2016 7:53 pm

:digging2:
city74 wrote:

Every appointment is a risk man u got it wrong with a good proven manager in moyes? So who's to say trollope won't be good for us time will tell if he's appointed that is!! :old:

Sun May 15, 2016 7:56 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Baggie192 wrote:Got told something by a Welsh Baggie at the Hawthorns today. Bare in mind it's only a rumour But Tony Pulis may have played his last game for us. It's true that he has to meet Jeremy Peace and discuss his 1 year extension option. The rumour I got told is that he wants to go to Cardiff. As it's a project he can build on and get you back up. As I said pinch of salt because it is a rumour. But, we were talking about whether he'd stay because We've just hired somebody who does basically the same job as Gerry Francis in Nick Hammond. Which means he may not with us much longer. A possible option maybe?

It was a strong rumour here a month or so ago, but seems to have gone cold, and as the rest of the thread says, it doesn't look like the type of Manager Tan would go for unfortunately.

It was in the Sun today that Aston Villa want him to take them up, if he goes there, the would be one of the top three places in tha Championship gone already !!!

It looks like we will get Trollope and finish bottom half, and lose another few thousand fans.......

I did mean to say, I do agree that he will leave you, I think you and him both want to go in another direction. One things for sure, he won't be short of job offers !!!!

Sun May 15, 2016 8:02 pm

Seriously, who in there right mind would chose Trollope over Warnock or Pullis ???

If we end up with Trollope, it's acceptance of mediocrity and that we don't really want to go up IMO

If he's appointed we'll be looking for a New Manage within twelve months is my prediction........

Sun May 15, 2016 8:08 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Apologies I didn't read the entitre Thread I seem to have recycled the rumour. Sadly it's The Sun who wrote The Vile story I'd pee myself laughing if that happens :lol: As for The Vile they're doomed the whole squad needs gutting it won't happen as Nobody will pay their asking price. Second worst team in prem history League 1 bound

Mon May 16, 2016 8:56 am

I think what our fans need/deserve is to be told what we can expect next season? Slade has been pushed out and we are looking for another manager, to do what? Are we pushing to get back to the premier league, are the club happy to just stay in the championship at the moment and look to push on in x amount of seasons ? What's the clubs plan? Are we ambitious or just staying safe in the championship,., until us fans know this we can't make any decisions on how we feel about a future manager? Tan needs to let us know what' the plain is if he wants fans backing , as I feel as a club we're in limbo.. :bluescarf:

Mon May 16, 2016 12:05 pm

6blubirds wrote:I think what our fans need/deserve is to be told what we can expect next season? Slade has been pushed out and we are looking for another manager, to do what? Are we pushing to get back to the premier league, are the club happy to just stay in the championship at the moment and look to push on in x amount of seasons ? What's the clubs plan? Are we ambitious or just staying safe in the championship,., until us fans know this we can't make any decisions on how we feel about a future manager? Tan needs to let us know what' the plain is if he wants fans backing , as I feel as a club we're in limbo.. :bluescarf:

Well the target this season was the play/offs and we failed hence Slade was removed. I would think the club would say the same.

I don't think we need to be told anything, why do you need to make a decision on a future manager? just wait and see who is announced and then see how he does.

Mon May 16, 2016 2:04 pm

' ODDS CHANGE DRAMATICALLY FOR CCFC MANAGER '
Link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172591

Mon May 16, 2016 5:04 pm

Its most likely going to be Trollope. :ayatollah:

Mon May 16, 2016 5:47 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:Trollope is one thing.....if he gets the keys then fine he will get my full support. Seems like a good first team coach so hopefully he can get the tactics and motivation right to move the club forward. My Massive concern is the deadwood that still drags this club down...Slade moved on is great but what about Scott Young!? I'm sorry I stand by what I have said 6 months ago. You were a player I enjoyed supporting as a kid, but Ryan Giggs pedigree you are not. Your negativity sent Javi Guerra sprinting back to Spain, (where he hasn't done too shabby) backing Ravell who was a complete and utter imposter of a Championship worthy striker.... If Tan wants to get back to the prem he will need to do a bit more clearing out. If he really things that hiring yet another yes man is the way forward and a wise investment, I'm sorry but let him learn the hard way again by failure. This club in the state it is in needs a sure bet, an older manager who has been there doNE it, who knows the league. The owner and board are there to back sensible investments, not fund overpriced league one has been or never will bes....

Excellent post couldn't agree more on Young & Ravell

Mon May 16, 2016 6:53 pm

city74 wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:Trollope is one thing.....if he gets the keys then fine he will get my full support. Seems like a good first team coach so hopefully he can get the tactics and motivation right to move the club forward. My Massive concern is the deadwood that still drags this club down...Slade moved on is great but what about Scott Young!? I'm sorry I stand by what I have said 6 months ago. You were a player I enjoyed supporting as a kid, but Ryan Giggs pedigree you are not. Your negativity sent Javi Guerra sprinting back to Spain, (where he hasn't done too shabby) backing Ravell who was a complete and utter imposter of a Championship worthy striker.... If Tan wants to get back to the prem he will need to do a bit more clearing out. If he really things that hiring yet another yes man is the way forward and a wise investment, I'm sorry but let him learn the hard way again by failure. This club in the state it is in needs a sure bet, an older manager who has been there doNE it, who knows the league. The owner and board are there to back sensible investments, not fund overpriced league one has been or never will bes....

Excellent post couldn't agree more on Young & Ravell

Totally agree

Mon May 16, 2016 7:57 pm

spot on couldn't agree more :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tue May 17, 2016 12:24 pm

Clement im going for :laughing6:

Tue May 17, 2016 12:55 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Clement im going for :laughing6:

It would give me more hope than Trollope

Tue May 17, 2016 1:20 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:Clement im going for :laughing6:

He's been speaking to Cardiff:lol:

Tue May 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Bluebina wrote:Seriously, who in there right mind would chose Trollope over Warnock or Pullis ???

If we end up with Trollope, it's acceptance of mediocrity and that we don't really want to go up IMO

If he's appointed we'll be looking for a New Manage within twelve months is my prediction........

he wont last that long imo i would say by xmas he will have us in a lower half position and tan will panic and we end up with another pair of "safe hands" which wont have any ambition but keeping us up,this is such a big decision thats why ppl keep wanting a name not that that works every time but it at least gives us the optimism that this season could be a gd one

Wed May 18, 2016 9:51 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=172932 :ayatollah: