Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ITS OFFICIAL MARK MCGUINNESS SIGNS FOR LUTON

Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:30 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:Already seeing a few saying this is a great deal for us.

So just a reminder that Cardiff City are getting nowhere near £10m.

He isn't worth anywhere near 10m. Just a figure the club put out to get as much as we could. 4.5m plus additional bonuses is a good deal all round.

Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:43 am

wez1927 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Funny how now he’s gone he’s suddenly our best defender and we now have no ambition. Nothing to do with the usual “Tan out” agenda of course. He’s solid and ok, but totally replaceable and we go a great price for him. I wish him all the best but I’d be amazed if we see him in the PL with Luton.

Totally agree we shipped 70 goals last season with him in the team . Definitely replaceable

The simple fact is we didn't concede 70 goals with MM in the team last season.

MM played 29 games up to February and we conceded 39 goals. An average of 1.34/game.
The remaining 17 games of the season we conceded 31 goals. An average of 1.82/game.

Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:09 am

MikeO76 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Funny how now he’s gone he’s suddenly our best defender and we now have no ambition. Nothing to do with the usual “Tan out” agenda of course. He’s solid and ok, but totally replaceable and we go a great price for him. I wish him all the best but I’d be amazed if we see him in the PL with Luton.

Totally agree we shipped 70 goals last season with him in the team . Definitely replaceable

The simple fact is we didn't concede 70 goals with MM in the team last season.

MM played 29 games up to February and we conceded 39 goals. An average of 1.34/game.
The remaining 17 games of the season we conceded 31 goals. An average of 1.82/game.

Your talking to Wez,

If the Hierarchy gave him away he would defend them.

If the Hierarchy brought in the worst ever Striker he would defend them

If the Hierarchy Stripped is of our identity again he would defend them.

The majority of us Love Our Club, Sadly Wez loves the Hierarchy

Wed Aug 21, 2024 10:16 am

SB 1927 wrote:Some are acting like we just sold Kav or Earnie. We can survive without him. Thanks for the effort but he's not anywhere near my top picks for CB over the years. Great business.

And he’s not being sold to pay the wages and tax bill or we go into administration.

I like McGuinness a lot but it’s decent business.

Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:41 am

Maccydear wrote:
SB 1927 wrote:Some are acting like we just sold Kav or Earnie. We can survive without him. Thanks for the effort but he's not anywhere near my top picks for CB over the years. Great business.

And he’s not being sold to pay the wages and tax bill or we go into administration.

I like McGuinness a lot but it’s decent business.

Have to agree, particularly if it helps bring in a striker too.

Wed Aug 21, 2024 11:56 am

It has been reported that Mark McGuinness ‘wanted’ a new challenge and was ‘happy’ to sign for Luton Town

That’s not to say he was ‘unhappy’ at the CCS but the opportunity to go to a club on three times his current salary plus a reported £800k sign-on fee was a tough one to turn down

From the club’s point of view, I can see why they wanted the move to happen; it brings in much needed revenue and (hopefully) allows us to bring in much needed players in other areas of the team

The boy Daland looks a very good acquisition and we are not short of cover at centre back

I wish Mark McGuinness all the very best at Luton Town in all but two games of this season! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:04 pm

All the best McGuinness, good player you deserve your break.

Wed Aug 21, 2024 2:34 pm

Transfers in:

20th August 2024: Cardiff City’s 6th Signing of the Season Jesper Norman Daland
Defender:
The central defender joins from Cercle Brugge K.S.V.
Cardiff have paid £1mill and a further £1mill if Cardiff are promoted to the Premier League.
24-year-old Daland has penned an initial four-year contract with the Bluebirds, until the summer of 2028.

7th August 2024:Cardiff City Sign Alex Robertson from Manchester City ( Zero appearances) / played for Portsmouth 23 times in League 1.
The midfielder has signed a four-year deal at Cardiff City Stadium in an initial deal worth just shy of £1m, which could potentially treble if all add-on criteria is met. It is understood the deal includes a sell-on clause, which would see Man City received around 25% of any future sale of the player.

31st July 2024: Anwar El Ghazi was a Free agent:
The winger has put pen-to-paper on a one-year deal with the Bluebirds.
Anwar has enjoyed a stellar playing career, starring for Ajax, Lille, Aston Villa, Everton and PSV. He also has Championship experience, winning promotion with Villa during the 2018/19 season, scoring in the Play-Off final victory over Derby County. The 29-year-old has two Netherlands international caps to his name.

30th July 2024: Striker Wilfred Kanga / Terms agreed with Berlin, a season long loan.
Aged 26
8 previous clubs
Berlin 23 appearances 2 goals / Standard Liege 36 appearances 12 goals

13th July 2024: Callum Chambers is a Cardiff City player after being released by Aston Villa, Free Agent:
3 year contract. Villa said he could go in January, Bulut wanted him, but things did not happen behind the scenes, but today Chambefmrs became a Bluebird.

12th July: Chris Willock deal is done,now a Cardiff City player and signed a 3 year deal.
Signed as Free Agent after his contract expired at QPR
26 year old Winger.

FREE AGENTS / ALL RELEASED BY THEIR CLUBS:

Goalkeeper Ewan Griffith’s aged 18 released by Swansea this month Free Agent.

Striker Luke Pearce aged 20 released by Southampton, made 22 appearances for Southampton U21’s in the last 2 seasons.
Was sent out on loan to Weston Supermare and Torquay Free Agent.

Midfielder Michael Reindorf aged 19 released by Norwich City had joined Kettering Town in a short-term loan deal last season Free Agent.

Cardiff have also confirmed the capture of midfielder Adeteye Gbadehan, who will be 20 yrs old this year.
The box-to-box was released by Port Vale at the end of last season Free Agent.

Goalkeeper Matthew Turner has extended his stay with the Bluebirds, putting pen to paper on a new two-year contract, which will run until the summer of 2026.
The 22 yr old has also gained experience in the Cymru Premier, having previously had loan spells at Haverfordwest County and Aberystwyth Town.

Kieron Evans and Tom Davies have signed new contracts.

Transfers out

Mark McGuiness Sold to Luton Town 20th August 2024 in a package deal worth up to £10mill.

Sheyi Ojo, Romaine Sawyers, and Ollie Denham were all released.

Ebou Adams Sold for £650,000 rising to £850,000 to Derby County.

Famara Diedhiou has returned to his parent club Granada.

All loan players went back to their clubs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.