Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: boring boring cardiff

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:22 am

c'mon polo mate, in the past you wrote some good posts and seemed to know a bit about football now your just writing things for the sake of it. Nobody can be unhappy with that performance last night if you support cardiff city

Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:28 am

polo wrote:
Pontyclun Blue wrote:
polo wrote:So dissapointed. when mm was recruited i was really looking forward to our new style. after all his watford team were gun ho abd full of attacking flair as we saw in our two games last season.

Hes just put a team of workhorses together at city. no flair, no pace, no entertainment.

He will get time to put it right but so far a little dissapointed.

POLO was that BORING BORING CARDIFF :shock: :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Scrappy game. Didnt create much again just playing to nullify the opposition and feeding off scraps.

We got a luck break with the mix up and it changed the game. Before then we seemed happy to be playing for a nil-nil again.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:18 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:c'mon polo mate, in the past you wrote some good posts and seemed to know a bit about football now your just writing things for the sake of it. Nobody can be unhappy with that performance last night if you support cardiff city

I am not unhappy. 3 points is 3 points and never going to be unhappy with 3 points.

If playing 1 up top at home, and stopping the opposition play being our first priority is going to be our style of play then I will just have to get used it. I would prefer to see good footbal but whilst it produces results then I cannot argue.

All I am saying at the start of this thread was I was a little dissapointed as I thought Malkys style of play was going to be all out attack, like it was against both games against us last season (Our 4-2 win at home was very harsh on Watford), and I assumed wrong.

I was hardly calling for malky to be sacked and then everyone gets out of their pram over an opinion. You swear I said that I had molested someones kid with some of the reaction on here. :roll:

Its only a messageboard I dont know why some people get so wound about a strangers opinion. :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:49 pm

I honestly have no doubt that malky will had the necessary pace and flair to the team when he thinks the time is right. You've got to remember how much he's accomplished in such a short space of time. Don't you agree that the best way to build a team is to make it solid first and then add the flair. Malky has also said time and time again how important it is for him not to disrupt the group he has here so instead of just looking to sign a player he looks to sign a person

Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:51 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:I honestly have no doubt that malky will had the necessary pace and flair to the team when he thinks the time is right. You've got to remember how much he's accomplished in such a short space of time. Don't you agree that the best way to build a team is to make it solid first and then add the flair. Malky has also said time and time again how important it is for him not to disrupt the group he has here so instead of just looking to sign a player he looks to sign a person

We will have to see wont we. Im still not convinced playing this way will get us anywhere near the play-offs but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:39 pm

polo wrote:
thehumblegringo wrote:I honestly have no doubt that malky will had the necessary pace and flair to the team when he thinks the time is right. You've got to remember how much he's accomplished in such a short space of time. Don't you agree that the best way to build a team is to make it solid first and then add the flair. Malky has also said time and time again how important it is for him not to disrupt the group he has here so instead of just looking to sign a player he looks to sign a person

We will have to see wont we. Im still not convinced playing this way will get us anywhere near the play-offs but hopefully I will be proved wrong.

Forgive me but aren't we playing that way AND in the play-offs now? Chelsea play one up front every season and finished in the top 2 of the Prem for the last 6 or 7 seasons.

Get a grip man!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:14 pm

Rather play boring and get the results we need than play other types of football and lose it will come give it time :ayatollah:

Awesome Awesome Cardiff

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:27 pm

Changed the title 4 ya ;)

Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:25 pm

Howey1927 wrote:
polo wrote:

Forgive me but aren't we playing that way AND in the play-offs now? Chelsea play one up front every season and finished in the top 2 of the Prem for the last 6 or 7 seasons.

Get a grip man!

Lets not be silly and compare the way we play to the way chelsea playceh. completely different use of the lone striker.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:29 am

polo wrote:
Howey1927 wrote:
polo wrote:

Get a grip man!

Lets not be silly and compare the way we play to the way chelsea playceh. completely different use of the lone striker.

:lol: Completely different how? There is only one system you can play with
a lone striker. He busts a gut top keep defenders busy, tries to hold the ball
up and bring the midfield runners into it. Drags defenders out wide to leave
the channels open for midfielders, and also tried to get on the end of stuff.

Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:24 am

taffyapple wrote:
polo wrote:
Howey1927 wrote:
polo wrote:

Get a grip man!

:lol: Completely different how? There is only one system you can play with
a lone striker. He busts a gut top keep defenders busy, tries to hold the ball
up and bring the midfield runners into it. Drags defenders out wide to leave
the channels open for midfielders, and also tried to get on the end of stuff.

Dont be daft. There is a positive and a negative way to play a lone striker. Our midfielders and wideman have nowehere near the access to bomb forward that the Chelsea team do. We look to flood the midfiled and spoil the game and feed off the scraps. Fair play it worked on Tuesday. We stopped them playing and got a break.

Chelsea have got widemen and midfielders bombing forward past the lone striker, and getting shots on goal, crosses from the byeline.etc. We didnt get to the byeline once on Tuesday.

Taffy, you dont even go to all the games yet you seem to be an expert on how we play :lol:

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:41 pm

polo wrote:So dissapointed. when mm was recruited i was really looking forward to our new style. after all his watford team were gun ho abd full of attacking flair as we saw in our two games last season.

Hes just put a team of workhorses together at city. no flair, no pace, no entertainment.

This team of so called workhorses have taken us to a cup final at wembley :oops: , 3rd in the league and the chance of going 2nd Tues night, are you still dissapointed :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:45 pm

Pontyclun Blue wrote:

This team of so called workhorses have taken us to a cup final at wembley :oops: , 3rd in the league and the chance of going 2nd Tues night, are you still dissapointed :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

I must have been fed well that night looking at the amount of whoppers I caught

Yes, happy now he has put a more attacking stamp on the team. Be happier once he drops Cowie for a proper winger.

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:47 pm

polo wrote: our biggest attacking threat wad supet kev ffs. can bomb on but couldnt pick out a vanessa feltz in a room full of anorexia.

Funny as f**k Polo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:50 pm

polo wrote:

Happy to be proved wrong :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:54 pm

This guy is a turd sorry malky has performed wonders for us!

UTB!!!!

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Is Annis paying you pocket money to start off large discussions in reaction to the stupitidy that pours out of your finger tips. :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Taff on the Mersey wrote:

Is Annis paying you pocket money to start off large discussions in reaction to the stupitidy that pours out of your finger tips. :lol: :lol:

Wouyld you believe me if I said I was bored and fishing for bites :? :lol:

Or shall I just get my coat? :(

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:21 pm

polo wrote:
Taff on the Mersey wrote:

Wouyld you believe me if I said I was bored and fishing for bites :? :lol:

Or shall I just get my coat? :(

the big coat i think, they say it might snow taxi for polo :lol:

Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:28 pm

MM really proved his point at Cardiff in November that we were in business.
Beating Palace, Reading, Forest, Blackburn (Carling Cup)

Polo admits defeat but he wasnt a fan of hat he was seeing but now the Cardiff team and MM read his post on here and realised they have to make him happy! :lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Don't be too down on yourself polo. I watched the both legs of the semi's against palace, and I agree with your original assessment. Boring boring Cardiff sums you up nicely. You could teach Stoke a thing or two on how to play hoofball. 210 minutes of everything that is bad about the modern game, and it took a flukey own goal to see you through. Your only saving grace was that you wern't quite as abysmal as palace. At least they had the excuse of playing with 10 men away from home whilst trying to defend a slender 1 goal lead. I just pray that order will be restored to the universe, and we see Cardiff tears raining down on the Wembley turf come the final whistle. :lol:

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm

I'm amazed you feel this way about our current team?
I personally haven't felt as close to CCFC as i do right
now.The standard of football currently is as good as anytime
in the last 10yrs.We had no passion or commitment on the pitch
which passed on to the terraces(last season was garbage).
I was over the b*stard moon when DJ was sacked,he was clueless and
in the end found out.Im amazed at your opinion???? :o :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:34 am

magicdaps wrote:Don't be too down on yourself polo. I watched the both legs of the semi's against palace, and I agree with your original assessment. Boring boring Cardiff sums you up nicely. You could teach Stoke a thing or two on how to play hoofball. 210 minutes of everything that is bad about the modern game, and it took a flukey own goal to see you through. Your only saving grace was that you wern't quite as abysmal as palace. At least they had the excuse of playing with 10 men away from home whilst trying to defend a slender 1 goal lead. I just pray that order will be restored to the universe, and we see Cardiff tears raining down on the Wembley turf come the final whistle. :lol:

Amazing. Shock.

A jack posting on a City messageboard

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 am

polo wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:
polo wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Kanester wrote:MM is building a team, Something Jones never done.

Spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Hahaha. he only built a team every year and got us challenging every year.
Would rather a team of entertaining big time charlies than a team of boring workhorses.

Sorry but you have a blinkered view of DJ, at least with Malky we have a chance of winning or getting something out of a game at the death, we never had that with DJ

No we had usually won at home by the last min under jones

But we never come back after going down under him, they would just give up, this team has fight and passion.

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 am

I thinks Polo posted that just to geta bite :o maybe wrong but he certainly got4 pages of bites :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:53 am

It's a results game, and then you get to the promised land. ;)

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:48 am

polo wrote:
polo wrote:

Happy to be proved wrong :ayatollah:

Fair play to you mate :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:Polo, I know you were and are a big Dave Jones fan, but remember Jones had millions to give players in wages and what did we win, f**k all.
Jones got paid nearly a mill in wages with his bonus.

Malky is on peanuts compared to him and been given peanuts compared to what DJ had to give players.

We now have a team of fighters/passion/never say die and a team that want to play for us and our club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Well said that man. Some people are never satisfied :roll:
Malky is the best thing that has happened to us

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:22 pm

Stubbsyd wrote:I'm amazed you feel this way about our current team?
I personally haven't felt as close to CCFC as i do right
now.The standard of football currently is as good as anytime
in the last 10yrs.We had no passion or commitment on the pitch
which passed on to the terraces(last season was garbage).
I was over the b*stard moon when DJ was sacked,he was clueless and
in the end found out.Im amazed at your opinion???? :o :ayatollah:

Wrong. I dont feel this way about our current team.

This was posted back beginning of the season, when lets be honest, the football wasnt great to watch.

I feel Malky must have looked at this board, knows that I knows my onions, and adapted our style accordingly.

Well happy now, and as I have already stated, happy to be proved wrong!!!

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm

2nd or 3rd top scorers in the division aren't we? 25 shots on goal v Palace.

That's not a boring team.