Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JONES AND RIDSDALE FALLING OUT

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:06 am

Reading between the very wide lines in DJ'S statement on Wales on Line, he get's several digs in about spending etc.Possibly he can scent the end of PR and his showing his true colours.

Re: JONES AND RIDSDALE FALLING OUT

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:14 am

i'm still stunned by his digs about expectations "in this part of the world", the guy has had no outward criticism since the season tickets debacle when in all honesty he had a fair bit of sympathy from City fans. Why he felt the need to come out and criticse the fans again is beyond me.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:52 am

The Rhooster wrote:i'm still stunned by his digs about expectations "in this part of the world", the guy has had no outward criticism since the season tickets debacle when in all honesty he had a fair bit of sympathy from City fans. Why he felt the need to come out and criticse the fans again is beyond me.

It's his way of taking any pressure off of himself. He's telling everyone not to expect too much.
It's very clever of him IMHO.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:54 am

Gwyn, The Riddler doesnt go in the dressing rooms after games anymore since Terry Burton pushed him out :lol:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:57 am

Just posted on wales online.

I am getting pissed of with his excuses.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:58 am

Link please

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:01 am

Forever Blue wrote:Gwyn, The Riddler doesnt go in the dressing rooms after games anymore since Terry Burton pushed him out :lol:

Is it since then our form has improved Annis? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:02 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 583475.stm

Jones youve spent 3 times the Jacks, 3 times Blackpool, 3 times Coventry etc etc on players stop moaning.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:05 am

Forever Blue wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8583475.stm

Jones youve spent 3 times the Jacks, 3 times Blackpool, 3 times Coventry etc etc on players stop moaning.

That's his ready made excuse should anything go wrong now though. Cardiff fans "expect" too much. :evil:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 am

His report on wales online is even more critical of the club.

He states that we have achieved nothing for 50 yrs.

Jesus we are so lucky to be blessed by his presence

Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:54 am

The thing is though, our expectations are ridiculously high so I can see where Jones is coming from but is that really a bad thing? What's so bad about constantly expecting better? Isn't that how people reach the peak of their game? I can see what Jones is trying to say but come on Jonesy, we only want better because we feel we can achieve it. Nothing wrong with that in my eyes.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am

Dave Jones makes a couple of stupid points in the article which appears in today's Echo. One is the expectation at Cardiff City is on par with Barcelona or Real Madrid.

That's obviously daft because both those clubs would have far high asperations than simply getting out of the second tier of their domestic league.

He goes on to say he doesn't know where the raised expectations have come from? That is astonishing considering both him and Ridsdale chuck 'their achievements' of reaching the FA Cup Final and a best ever finish in 38 years down our throats at every oppotunity.

There is also a dig at Chopra's transfer fee and how much the club has spent on players. After trumpeting Chopra as a £4m signing last summer, apparently he now a £2m signing and Jones has no idea where the £4-5m figure came from!

This is despite the Chairman's public statement last summer that £5.25m was spent on players making us the second biggest spenders behind Nottingham F.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:08 am

Dave Jones has a problem saying "Cardiff City F.C"

He constantly refers to

"This football club."

"This part of the world"

What is his problem?? :evil:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 am

I remember his words down the Bay when the team arrived back to greet the fans after our FA cup final...wasn't it something along the lines of "If this club doesn't kick on from here someone needs a good kick up the backside" or words to that effect.

So surely kicking on would mean higher expectations e.g play offs at a minimum. So why is he now whingeing about high expectations. He's getting his excuses in early in the event of us failing to get to the play offs again IMO.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:29 am

I don't see what he has to moan about though?
He has had a significant amount of money to spend and has a massive wage bill, but yet complains when the players under perform of a lack of money?? :x

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:34 am

Forever Blue wrote:Link please

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -26097128/

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:47 am

The main point everyone is missing is that Dave Jones is now actually talking to the press - maybe TG has had a word in his shell. This is one of the points I have put accross to TG in the past, that both Ridsdale and Jones have lets say a turbulent relationship with the press, TV and Radio and that cannot be good for the image of the club. Great Dave, your back talking to the press but please watch your P's and Q's with regard to the fans, they are the life blood of the club and their support for the club pays for your ample wage packet. Yes we are ambitious in this part of the world, but who is'nt. Get your head down, do your job and give the club the best possible chance of promotion instead of looking for the get out, your paid handsomely to do so.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 am

ihatealiens wrote:The main point everyone is missing is that Dave Jones is now actually talking to the press - maybe TG has had a word in his shell. This is one of the points I have put accross to TG in the past, that both Ridsdale and Jones have lets say a turbulent relationship with the press, TV and Radio and that cannot be good for the image of the club. Great Dave, your back talking to the press but please watch your P's and Q's with regard to the fans, they are the life blood of the club and their support for the club pays for your ample wage packet. Yes we are ambitious in this part of the world, but who is'nt. Get your head down, do your job and give the club the best possible chance of promotion instead of looking for the get out, your paid handsomely to do so.

Is he talking to the media? He always has - just not to the local media. Who knows if those comments weren't lifted from a wider interview / press conference?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:06 pm

I do agree expectations are to high considering all thats going on off the field but play/offs or above has always been the target and so far its being achieved.

I totally 100% agree on is how its the end of the world when we lose a game, only a couple of weeks ago the majority were saying we had no chance of the play/offs (despite being in the play/offs at the time) and how we should just take the -10
equally I think a lot of fans go OTT after a win, no middle ground.

Fingers crossed tonight with a win and what a great position we are in :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:38 pm

Listen, none of us ever played for Everton.

Cardiff City are a small club compared to what Davy's used to. Hence, any complaints by the
supporters are null and void, because we never had it so good. We, the supporters of Cardiff City
should just be grateful that a top manager like Dave Jones chooses to ply his trade here.

Obviously, the team and the club are having ups and downs, but thats down to the players, the
board and the ridiculous pie-in-the-sky expectations of the 'never played football professionally' fans.

Dave Jones is doing his best, and his best is better than We've ever had before.

And he's worth every penny of his salary, its not his fault eveything else is going wrong here!

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cardiff_city/8583475.stm

Is he shocked that football fans want their club to do well? Are supposed to be happy with mid-table nothingness?

If he doesn't like the expectation, he should f**k off to some other club.