Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good/Bad

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:07 pm

Can anyone think of Dave Jones signings that have been good and then some of the bad ones.

For me Dave Jones has worked on a small budget and 80% has brought in top players :ayatollah:

Anyone think of any?

GOOD
Roger Johnson
Glenn Loovens
Chris Burke
Jay Bothroyd
Wayne Routledge
Peter Whittingham
Michael Chopra

That will do me, I know there are more but i'll let you pcik some.

GOOD AND BAD :ayatollah:

Re: Good/Bad

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:14 pm

I'd add Purse and Scimeca to that list. I realise that Purse had his bad moments but was 100% behind the cause, Scimeca had a lot of injuries as we all know but when he did play he brought a little bit of class to the team.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:20 pm

chippy909 wrote:Can anyone think of Dave Jones signings that have been good and then some of the bad ones.

For me Dave Jones has worked on a small budget and 80% has brought in top players :ayatollah:

Anyone think of any?

GOOD
Roger Johnson
Glenn Loovens
Chris Burke
Jay Bothroyd
Wayne Routledge
Peter Whittingham
Michael Chopra

That will do me, I know there are more but i'll let you pcik some.

GOOD AND BAD :ayatollah:

Loovens and Chopra were Ridders signings - DJ had to be convinced by him abut Loovens.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:21 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:I'd add Purse and Scimeca to that list. I realise that Purse had his bad moments but was 100% behind the cause, Scimeca had a lot of injuries as we all know but when he did play he brought a little bit of class to the team.

I agree yh.

I liked Purse :ayatollah:
Last edited by chippy909 on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 pm

What about Kevin McNaughton and Ross McCormack ? Considering he was on a free I'd argue Kennedy has been good value.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:24 pm

iT WOULD BE EASIER JUST TO ADD THE BAD

Feeney ...... Coz Jones refuses to give him a chance so not Warrens fault.
Fowler
JFH...... Apart from his goals in cup run.
Rae
Quinn
Hudson..... Jury out on him, ive added him because of what it cost to sign him and his wages. Hence the shit we are in
Turnbull... Loan admitted
Taiwo
Mclean...Admittedly to sell him for a vast profit was a masterstroke

Most probs think of more after i have pressed the submit button :lol: .

Hi Chippy :!: :!: :D

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:28 pm

I wouldn't say Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was a bad signing. His goals came at vital times and for an ageing striker he still put in his shift. I'm glad we got to see JFH play and he did play his part in getting us to Wembley so he was worth it for that!

David Marshall has been a quality signing but it was quite an obvious signing to make. We've all rated him for a while. I'd say Jones's good signings outweigh the bad for sure.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:34 pm

Zabier wrote:I wouldn't say Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was a bad signing. His goals came at vital times and for an ageing striker he still put in his shift. I'm glad we got to see JFH play and he did play his part in getting us to Wembley so he was worth it for that!

David Marshall has been a quality signing but it was quite an obvious signing to make. We've all rated him for a while. I'd say Jones's good signings outweigh the bad for sure.

I put him in that bracket Chief mainly because of the wages he was getting which plainly we couldnt afford. Not to mention the compo we had to pay. :(

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 pm

Yeah, I see where you're coming from on that front.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:iT WOULD BE EASIER JUST TO ADD THE BAD

Feeney ...... Coz Jones refuses to give him a chance so not Warrens fault.
Fowler
JFH...... Apart from his goals in cup run.
Rae
Quinn
Hudson..... Jury out on him, ive added him because of what it cost to sign him and his wages. Hence the shit we are in
Turnbull... Loan admitted
Taiwo
Mclean...Admittedly to sell him for a vast profit was a masterstroke

Most probs think of more after i have pressed the submit button :lol: .

Hi Chippy :!: :!: :D

Hi Chief :ayatollah: You calling in the Ninian before the game?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:54 pm

Yeh i will try ive got to pop in the retail park first if you are there and i get there on time then will see you :ayatollah: .