Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When the Malaysians take over.....

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:34 pm

Will they get rid of Dave Jones?

I'm not asking if you want them to get rid of Dave Jones, but if you think they actually will. Personally, I don't think that they will get rid of him. Whatever we may think on here, he is still very well regarded in the football world and, if they are going to take advice on who to have as a manager to move us forward, I think that they will keep him on. You've got to look at what he's achieved with very little money and that is a strong factor in his favour as far as they're concerned.

However, if they give him loads of money to spend and we don't look like doing anything by Christmas, then I think they'll consider his position

Re: When the Malaysians take over.....

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:39 pm

I reckon he will be gone by the summer if we dont get promoted. I reckon he will have to take a pay cut if he manages to stay on though.

I just feel the Malaysians will want ot bring in the likes of a Marinez.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:44 pm

Marinez ?

Do you mean the spanish waiter ?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I said the likes of a Martinez. Saying that though I would not be surprised if they approach him.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:55 pm

I think he will stay although be asked to take reduced terms, I wouldnt be surprised to see everyone being asked to take a paycut.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I think he will stay although be asked to take reduced terms, I wouldnt be surprised to see everyone being asked to take a paycut.

Yep, been saying this for the past few weeks. A wage ceiling of £8k a week and, if you don't take it, you're out. I was told yesterday that Bothroyd is on £20k a week. Whether these are Chinese whispers though, who knows

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Will they get rid of Dave Jones?

I'm not asking if you want them to get rid of Dave Jones, but if you think they actually will. Personally, I don't think that they will get rid of him. Whatever we may think on here, he is still very well regarded in the football world and, if they are going to take advice on who to have as a manager to move us forward, I think that they will keep him on. You've got to look at what he's achieved with very little money and that is a strong factor in his favour as far as they're concerned.

However, if they give him loads of money to spend and we don't look like doing anything by Christmas, then I think they'll consider his position

If We dont go up, Def in My Opinion.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:04 pm

The one thing for sure is they will make MASSIVE changes regarding the expenditure and overall financial set up at our club! they will want to live within our means and I 100% back them!

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:46 pm

Yeh i agree. we cant continue like this, Our wage bill is prem standard but we are not a prem side. The players must think they are in heaven because no other team would pay them sort of wages. And that includes our overpaid manager as well. :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:02 pm

This club has the potential to turnover £18-20m p/a. If we had an acceptable wage bill between £8-10m then surely we would never get into the same financial shit again?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Jones is VERY well regarded.

From outside looking in, he's kept us in the promotion mix for 2 consecutive seasons, got us to an FA Cup Final and brought in many good players on a low budget, then having to sell his best players.

What they don't see is all the shit players he's brought in, how lucky that FA Cup run was and how we always f**k things up at the death.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote: I was told yesterday that Bothroyd is on £20k a week. Whether these are Chinese whispers though, who knows

Not sure about Jay, but Chops IS on 24k per week :o

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:28 pm

StotrhonddaBlue wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote: I was told yesterday that Bothroyd is on £20k a week. Whether these are Chinese whispers though, who knows

Not sure about Jay, but Chops IS on 24k per week :o

I'm sure you are about right on Chops but I think the basic is a bit lower than that but it is made up with appearance and win bonuses.

However, I'm also aware that he gets additional, not insignificant, goal bonuses to the extent that he might have even doubled his money when he scored 4 against Derby :shock:

Mind you paying bonuses for good performance is perhaps something we should build into everyone's contract in the future :lol: Gavin Rae's Aston Martin may have to be traded for a skoda :lol:

One thing though, if we are asking for financial prudence we, as fans, can't keep expressing our disappointment at missing out on players such as Koumas, Routledge, etc. It will have to be a different transfer market that we operate in we also have to be realistic if we want to avoid a repeat of this seasons debacle in the boardroom.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:32 pm

That confused me then when I seen I was quoted as saying Bothroyd was on 20k a week :lol: Thought maybe i was drunk typing it but realised it wasnt my quote now :)

Jones has brought in a lot of duds but I think the money made on those leaving outweigh that.
Also Ive never seen a manager who doesnt buy crap with good.

I personally like Jones, he has his flaws mainly his inability to change a game and the fact he wont change from 4-4-2.
His comments about the fans dont bother me at all if im honest as in equal measure and generally in most interviews he also praises the city fans but that isnt picked up on. I fully believe in time he will take us up.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:47 pm

Yes ;)