Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF WE WIN TONIGHT I BELIEVE THERE IS NO WAY

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:59 pm

We will fail to get in to the play offs, Surely not. DJ, is getting back to having a Full Squad, we are hitting form just at the right minute,The teams behind us are very weak in my opinion and DJ surely has learnt from the previous 4 years of let downs.
So no more excuses. WE CAN DO IT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

So come on you MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS Cardiff CITY 2 Sheffield Utd 0 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ONWARDS and UPWARDS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IF WE WIN TONIGHT I BELIEVE THERE IS NO WAY

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:We will fail to get in to the play offs, Surely not. DJ, is getting back to having a Full Squad, we are hitting form just at the right minute,The teams behind us are very weak in my opinion and DJ surely has learnt from the previous 4 years of let downs.

So come on you MIGHTY BLUEBIRDS Cardiff CITY 2 Sheffield Utd 0 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If we get to the playoff Annis will your views about DJ change.

Personally I think he has done well with what he has got. Not many other managers will have us there or there about for the last 3 years with such a small squad.

But then again tactically I dont think he is the best. What he has done with players like Feeney and Taiwo are not the best. and when we are losing games he can not change it.

But overall I think he has done a decent job :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Even if we draw tonight I reckon we will make the playoffs. Will we win the playoffs though? That's another question altogether.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:05 pm

chippy909 wrote:

Personally I think he has done well with what he has got. Not many other managers will have us there or there about for the last 3 years with such a small squad.

But then again tactically I dont think he is the best. What he has done with players like Feeney and Taiwo are not the best. and when we are losing games he can not change it.

Annis makes a good point about this league being crap, but even with that I think DJ and the players have done remarkably well when you consider for the most part of this season we have been in deep financial dire straits.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:10 pm

Sheff Utd need to win desperately.
I think we need to win just as much to get away from them, to avoid what happened last year.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:11 pm

We are in trouble are we.

Yes i fancy 3 - 1 tonight and then that will really spur the team on.

I am worried though that their motivation is not at its best because BLAZING SADDLES is not around.

Come back Blazing we and the squad miss you !!!!!!!!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Where is Blazing Saddles? Has another team kidnapped him because he was spreading around too much goodwill and motivation? I bet it's those Jack bastards!

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:27 pm

chippy909 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:We will fail to get in to the play offs, Surely not. DJ, is getting back to having a Full Squad, we are hitting form just at the right minute,The teams behind us are very weak in my opinion and DJ surely has learnt from the previous 4 years of let downs.

He`s spent a fortune, pays players too much, his tactics are shit..He`s gotta go. :(

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:29 pm

I don't understand how you can be so negative when we're 6th and in with a chance of promotion. He hasn't spent that much on players. Ok, it could have been spent a bit better but if he was perfect he wouldn't be a Championship manager. Don't you remember the days of Russell Osman and Alan Cork when the idea of playing a creative 4-4-2 was a long distant dream we all had?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:31 pm

3-1 tonight, Jay, Whitts, Chopra. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
chippy909 wrote:

Annis makes a good point about this league being crap, but even with that I think DJ and the players have done remarkably well when you consider for the most part of this season we have been in deep financial dire straits.

Absolutely spot on with that. Particularly when you look at the dip in form we had recently seemed to coincide with the worst news off the field. Of course that may have been coincidence but whatever the reason DJ and the players have done well to turn it around and put us back in the position we now find ourselves.

I'd actually settle for a draw tonight but a win followed up by another one on Saturday would really put us in the driving seat .......... surely something has to go wrong, this is the City afterall :roll: :lol: :lol: Are we really in with a chance of a 3rd visit to Wembley in 2 years :?: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
chippy909 wrote:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:38 pm

I wont believe it until it is done after last season.

It was nearly mathematically impossible last season :evil:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:45 pm

chippy909 wrote:

Yes if he wins promotion, Def not if we dont as, he has to get there in the end, this is his 5th year. He has had 1 promotion in his last 13 years as a manager, 2 in 19 yrs.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:48 pm

I hope the club and players don't think that aswell Annis. Last thing we need is another end of season collapse! :cry:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:25 pm

I think we will make the play offs, however, last year is still in the back of my mind as we were there all season and blew it right at the end! Just hope that DJ keeps his head and steers us til the end of the season to guarantee play offs this year :ayatollah:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:09 pm

I think the next games against Sheff. Palace. Leicester are all easily winnable for us. However, I fear the Jacks the most, and WE (as a club, not just the fans) NEED to win that game. this will spur the rest of the campaign on.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:25 pm

Zabier wrote:Where is Blazing Saddles? Has another team kidnapped him because he was spreading around too much goodwill and motivation? I bet it's those Jack bastards!

They've reported him to UEFA

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:39 am

We deserved at least 2 nil, but never mind a good performance, and you can see we are improving week after week, lets not forget we had none of DJ's first choice defenders in either.....