Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

gavin rae. why!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:36 am

when we got players back fit why does he keep playing him he gives f**k all to the team and was an absolute donkey last night,he is so limited as a midfield player he brings nothing to our team at all,on a brighter note mcormack was superb last night best iv seen him all season.

Re: gavin rae. why!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:53 am

Spot on mate !

When we have the ball in an atacking position and it gets fed to Rae his natural instinct is to either: Stop; pass backwards or pass sideways, the guy has no drive and cannot pass to save his life !

How many times has he passed backwards this season ? Answers on a postcard to the usual address !

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:00 am

Quite remarkable we are still chasing promotion considering we have a parks player in the middle of the park. Think he should be down the road at Gol thats more his level!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:08 am

glad someone started this thread,i appreciate where we are,the injuries we have,the takeover,tw*t risdale,but push them to the side and i watch gavin rae hoping he proves me wrong,but he is one of the most ineffective centre midfielders i have ever seen,the man has no attributes what so ever,if he was a leader and vocal it may help me understand,but he is a terrible player,tiawo and wilding should be playing.hope rae goes in the summer.on positive some good performances,ross,gypes looking fit and hungry,our next game is the important game,we cant look past any teams now.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:39 am

Agree Gypes looked good last night and Darcy had another good game,But Capaldi and Rae??? :oops: :oops:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:58 am

I can see why they're there now, just abouts. However, I would have started Matthews on the left over Capaldi and when Hudson or Gerrard are back I'd move Blake into central midfield. I'd even consider Etuhu in the centre at Palace.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:37 am

we seriously miss someone willing to run in from the centre of midfield, we need a box to box midfielder. Come to think of it have to go back a few years when we had a really good goal threat from the centre of midfield. Jason Koumas?

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:21 pm

im still baffled why jones sent darcy out on loan,
darcy has been one of our best players since he has come into the side

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Rae has something on Jones im sure of it.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:28 pm

What about Gerrard in Midfield to add a bit of bite, and protection for McPhail? He played games for Walsall in midfield.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:30 pm

I didnt really see anyone on the bench worth playing ahead of Rae to be honest.
When we get a CB back I would move Darcy back but otherwise Its Rae in my opinion at the moment.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:51 pm

Totally agree with you here Beaky. Rae is shocking, doesn't give the team anything. I personally think Wildig, Taiwo and Blake have more to offer and they'll develop into better players given the chance, Rae is off the pace and his time playing at this level is surely coming to an end.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:53 pm

I thought he played quite well last night, i was praising him after the game :oops: :lol: