Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HARD FOUGHT DRAW LAST NIGHT and

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:57 am

I thought the Atmosphere in the First half was Great, glad the Hierarchy at our Club are now starting to let us stand and sing in the Ninian Stand, about time, common sense prevails. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Were now really on course for the playoffs now, Palace away and Leicester home, Dave Jones, Dont bottle it now, get us 2 wins from them, then I believe we will be able to relax more. Please dont let it go down to the wire, we need these wins now.

I am still very worried about your plan B, surely Chops should have come on at least half hour before the end of the game, that was class last night by Chops, his turning of their defenders and then his shot which hit the cross bar, if it had gone it, would prob have been goal of the season, in this division.

Come on you Might Bluebirds, Palace here We come :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: HARD FOUGHT DRAW LAST NIGHT and

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:10 am

Have to disagree with you there Annis, Chops looks a shadow of his former self last few months and Ross deservedly should have a long run in the side.
Have to agree though his turn and shot was a reminder of the old Chopra. :ayatollah:

Maybe we can get away with Ross and Chops together Saturday as Mcphail is back and can give them the right pass.

Please Please Please Gerrard be fit for Saturday so Darcy can go back into midfield and that parks player can come out of the side! :evil:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:20 am

bluebirds80 wrote:Have to disagree with you there Annis, Chops looks a shadow of his former self last few months and Ross deservedly should have a long run in the side.
Have to agree though his turn and shot was a reminder of the old Chopra. :ayatollah:

Maybe we can get away with Ross and Chops together Saturday as Mcphail is back and can give them the right pass.

Please Please Please Gerrard be fit for Saturday so Darcy can go back into midfield and that parks player can come out of the side! :evil:

NO I wasnt saying Chops should of started, as I agree, chops has been awful for quite a while
and Ross deserves a chance, but in the second half, Ross became tired, we were letting the game slip away and DJ was doing nothing about it. Ross, showed that a fit Ross would do an excellent job, but DJ doesnt like him either, thats why he has been left out most of the season or played out of position.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:26 am

I agree that DJ should have brought Chops on earlier tho and good to see Ethuhu back on the bench , be interesting to see if DJ gives Feeney a start at Palace ? :ayatollah:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:29 am

And please please please any body be fit so Capaldi doesnt have to play!!

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:42 am

Martyn1963 wrote:I agree that DJ should have brought Chops on earlier tho and good to see Ethuhu back on the bench , be interesting to see if DJ gives Feeney a start at Palace ? :ayatollah:

Have you gone mad, or are you just taking the piss :lol: Feeney a start fair play you made me laugh, even off the bench for 10 mins Chops showed what he can do, i know feeney hasn't been given much more but he is not in same class as all our other forwards there is no way he will play :roll:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:51 am

The Blue 'Knows' wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:I agree that DJ should have brought Chops on earlier tho and good to see Ethuhu back on the bench , be interesting to see if DJ gives Feeney a start at Palace ? :ayatollah:

Have you gone mad, or are you just taking the piss :lol: Feeney a start fair play you made me laugh, even off the bench for 10 mins Chops showed what he can do, i know feeney hasn't been given much more but he is not in same class as all our other forwards there is no way he will play :roll:

I will Reserve my comments until he has had a run of games, prob never be able to comment. Chops and Ross will always be Championship players as even though they are Class, they are with us because off their off the field antics Drink/Gambling etc.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:52 am

The Ref gave Our players No protection last night, at least 2 of their players should have been sent off in My Opinion.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:01 am

How can he continue to ignore Adam Mathews, the lad ain't going to get the experience sitting on the bench.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:03 am

BigGwynram wrote:How can he continue to ignore Adam Mathews, the lad ain't going to get the experience sitting on the bench.

Gwyn, because Mathews is not on his Xmas list either :evil:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:10 am

I agree, Sheff Utd should have had two players sent off and we should have had a penalty. I don't understand how Blake got booked for that challenge on the keeper and then one of their players did the same to Blake upfield and the referee let it go! How hard is it to get some consistency?!

We really should have wrapped the game up after 25 minutes. We had so many decent chances. If Bothroyd's ripper had gone in early on it would have been a massacre in my eyes.

McCormack did well but like others have said, he tired. I felt Chopra should have come on 10-15 minutes earlier at least. He still looks low on confidence but the only way he'll cure that is by playing his way out of form. I reckon he'll hit form in time for the playoffs.

I am disappointed we didn't get all three points but I said before the game that I would have taken a point. The key for us is to make sure that the teams behind us don't make ground on us. So any points in the games against the top batch will be points gained rather than lost.

The game at Crystal Palace will be very interesting on Saturday but it's good to see us playing good football again. McPhail makes the world of difference.

As for Matthews, he's good breaking forward but quite a few times we've been caught out due to his venturing forward. In these tight games I think we need to have a more defensive minded Quinn to keep the back line tight. Saying that, I would rather Matthews at left back than Capaldi! No offence to Capaldi but he's not match fit and hasn't got much game time under his belt at all so he's way off the pace.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:12 am

Yeah i agree with u annis win the next 2 games and we can defo relax a bit, good thing about saturday is if we win then it puts pressure on the other teams to keep pickin up results, win next 2 games and we will win against the jacks i think, forest i go for a draw seein as its only 2 days after so we are bound to be tired with our squad. ethu and ross to start sat i would expect

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:19 pm

as i see it if we can win all our 4 remaining home games and pick up a win or a couple of draws away we will be ok
think 15 pts will see us in the playoofs-definate-prob 73 will do it as a lot of the teams playing each other

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:23 pm

good performance last night, very unlucky not to have won the game and a good atmosphere.

lets hope we keep it up :ayatollah: