My view on certain players last night

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:23 am

First of all i thought we played very well and we deserved a win last night.

Capaldi.... I thought he was really solid last night but his labses at the end nearly cost us.

Mcormack...... Looked sharp but and a big but i thought he has lost that yard on pace. If roumer is true then his drinking needs to be bought under control as he was being done for pace time and time again .

Chopra....... He has his problems and we as a club are paying for them. A fuully fit and focused chopra is the best player in the championship. We dont have that at the moment.

Rae..... Awfull needs to be dropped ASAP.

Blake..... What a turn around and is so versatile which we need with such a small squad.

Jay.... Played superb last night , what was everones view on his booking ? I thought he dived what was everones elses view ? Jay said it was a pen and so did there derender so looks like i was wrong.
All the other players played well last night so fair play.
As for the ref fooking awfull both teams could of played basket ball and he wouldent of given handball. :lol:
Nuclearblue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: My view on certain players last night

Postby Zabier » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:36 am

With Capaldi, it was his lack of match time and fitness that made his second half so poor. I would have preffered Matthews out on the left to be honest.

I agree on the rest. I think once Gerrard or Hudson are back Rae should be dropped and Blake should be put in midfield. Imagine his dynamism next to McPhail, it would be like when Ledley and McPhail were at their best together. Maybe even better because Blake is more physical.

McCormack is getting better the more he's playing but I'd prefer an in-form Chopra right now. Sadly, we don't have that... but we will.
Zabier

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:45 am

Jay had a great game, but he dived and got booked deservedly IMO. The fustrating thing is he had a shooting oppotunity before he fell over and that was lost to.

Blake will keep both Gerard and Hudson out of the side on this form. Rae didn't have a very good game but there again did McPhail? A couple of nice touches in the first half apart, he was again missing in action.

If there was a subsitution crying out last night it was McPhail or Rae or both off and new blood on.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby sack » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:48 am

I dont believe Rae and Mcphail can play together,

Rae has had his better games alongside ledley

Mcphails best form for City was when he played with Scimica, I am sure he will a big influence once Blake is backin the middle and Joe is fit
Sack

I'll be there
sack

Postby Zabier » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:49 am

I don't know Tony, it's a tough one. Jay is adamant that Nosworthy admitted after the game he thought it was a penalty but I think the referee just assumed Jay dived. Maybe Jay made a meal of it but it does seem like a case of the boy that cried wolf. If Jay had just gone down without throwing his arms in the air maybe we would have got the penalty... oh and minus the other 20 fall downs that he committed prior! :D
Zabier

Postby Spence » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:07 am

Kennedy isn't the best of players, but I think Capaldi's performance shows that Kennedy does a decent performance at left back. Kennedy seems to be a better passer of the ball aswell.
Cardiff City FC.
Spence

Postby Nuclearblue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:12 am

Zabier wrote:I don't know Tony, it's a tough one. Jay is adamant that Nosworthy admitted after the game he thought it was a penalty but I think the referee just assumed Jay dived. Maybe Jay made a meal of it but it does seem like a case of the boy that cried wolf. If Jay had just gone down without throwing his arms in the air maybe we would have got the penalty... oh and minus the other 20 fall downs that he committed prior! :D

My mate Pete who browses on here but never posts, Hi pete :ayatollah: :D said exactly the same as you Zabier who used "cry wolf" as well. Cant blame the ref for booking Jay as aif id been a neutral i would of booked him as well, but being a staunch City fan i would of given the penalty and sent the defender off as well :lol: :lol: .By the way who was the blades no 6 he was awesome he alone was the reason we never one by a cricket score. Jones sign him up. :lol: :D :ayatollah:
Nuclearblue

Postby Zabier » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:10 pm

Their number 6 was Nyron Nosworthy but to be honest I thought he was very dodgy. Got away lucky a few times by dawdling with the ball and didn't look comfortable in the air. I thought Nick Montgomery in their midfield played well and Mark Yeates turned the game when he came on. No idea why Middlesbrough let him go!
Zabier

Postby Nottage Blue » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:35 pm

I think Jay and their defender were the only 2 in the ground who didn't think he dived. It was blatantly ovbvious even from where I was sitting
Nottage Blue

Postby BlueView » Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Zabier wrote:I don't know Tony, it's a tough one. Jay is adamant that Nosworthy admitted after the game he thought it was a penalty but I think the referee just assumed Jay dived. Maybe Jay made a meal of it but it does seem like a case of the boy that cried wolf. If Jay had just gone down without throwing his arms in the air maybe we would have got the penalty... oh and minus the other 20 fall downs that he committed prior! :D

My mate Pete who browses on here but never posts, Hi pete :ayatollah: :D said exactly the same as you Zabier who used "cry wolf" as well. Cant blame the ref for booking Jay as aif id been a neutral i would of booked him as well, but being a staunch City fan i would of given the penalty and sent the defender off as well :lol: :lol: .By the way who was the blades no 6 he was awesome he alone was the reason we never one by a cricket score. Jones sign him up. :lol: :D :ayatollah:

From behind the goal where I was Jay was gently pushed and took a dive. From the position the Ref was in it would have looked like a dive. AS we all know Jay looks for a free kick all the time some you win more you loose.

What about Gerrard in Midfield to add a bit of bite, and protection for McPhail?
To bake a Swan - Scald it and take out the bones, parboil it, season it very well with Pepper, Salt and Ginger, lard it, put it in a deep Coffin of Rye Paste with store of Butter, close it and bake it very well, and when it is baked.
BlueView

Postby Zabier » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:35 pm

I'm worried that if Gerrard was in midfield he might actually kill someone! :D
Zabier

Return to General Chat