Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

City to be docked points

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:10 pm

Well we did have a player on the bench who according to all you people in the know, had gone back to his club, owing to the tax bill and transfer embargo.

Re: City to be docked points

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Who said Etuhu had gone back? His transfer was made before the embargo took place so it wasn't subject to the embargo. He wasn't appearing because he was injured. Simple.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:14 pm

Zabier wrote:Who said Etuhu had gone back? His transfer was made before the embargo took place so it wasn't subject to the embargo. He wasn't appearing because he was injured. Simple.

a lot of people said it.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:14 pm

stickywicket wrote:Well we did have a player on the bench who according to all you people in the know, had gone back to his club, owing to the tax bill and transfer embargo.

Who said it?

Idiots claimed it - notably on CCMB - nobody stated it was a fact.

Can you a) name the people "in the know" you are sniping at and b) provide some evidence to back your bold assertion they made the claim you've attributed to them?

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:16 pm

It was DJ that started this :lol:

He said we cant be under an embargo in late December as we still had Etuhu and he would have to go back if we were.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:17 pm

He wouldn't though surely. I thought a transfer embargo would only affect deals done after it was brought in. I didn't think it had any impact on existing deals.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It was DJ that started this :lol:

He said we cant be under an embargo in late December as we still had Etuhu and he would have to go back if we were.

Different point, and DJ was unsurprisingly wrong.

C'mon stickywicket, name the people "in the know" who made the claim.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:19 pm

Zabier wrote:He wouldn't though surely. I thought a transfer embargo would only affect deals done after it was brought in. I didn't think it had any impact on existing deals.

It doesn't have any impact on existing deals.

still waiting for sticky's evidence...

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:19 pm

:lol:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm not sure if DJ Even knows the rules :lol:

As far as I was aware as long as it was done before the embargo ie. season long loan it wouldn't be affected by an embargo.

A few people on here have said that he only went back due to the embargo though.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:21 pm

nerd wrote:

Different point, and DJ was unsurprisingly wrong.

C'mon stickywicket, name the people "in the know" who made the claim.

this one made me laugh how could anyone name all the fans city fans lol

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Owain wrote:I'm not sure if DJ Even knows the rules :lol:

As far as I was aware as long as it was done before the embargo ie. season long loan it wouldn't be affected by an embargo.

A few people on here have said that he only went back due to the embargo though.

I'm sure a few people have said it, Owain.

Sticky has claimed "according to all you people in the know", a veiled snipe at people who have provided accurate information on this board.

Mind, sticky did complain about those commented about Ben Steele...

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

nerd wrote:

Sticky has claimed "according to all you people in the know", a veiled snipe at people who have provided accurate information on this board.

Have a search mate, I found a couple

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:27 pm

Zabier wrote:Who said Etuhu had gone back? His transfer was made before the embargo took place so it wasn't subject to the embargo. He wasn't appearing because he was injured. Simple.

Correct Zabier Etuhu signed for a season long loan before the embargo was put in place. The embargo only becomes an issue when the loan deal runs out.

That's what happened to Jaime O'Hara at Portsmouth. When he signed on loan it was for an initial period up until January 2010 with only a 'view' to extending his loan. By the time his loan ran out Pompey were under a transfer embargo and he couldn't resign.

However, there was a short window in January when Portsmouth's embargo was lifted and it was then O'Hara resigned on loan.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:27 pm

One bit of information that might have confused people is that when a player is on loan and he gets injured he goes back to his parent club to get rehabilitated. This might have caused some confusion amongst supporters who mistook him going back to Man City for rehab as him being sent back due to the transfer embargo.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:30 pm

Owain wrote:Have a search mate, I found a couple

It was in reference to the "in the know" comment. Only one in that category who made the claim was Annis, we all know he's not really that credible :lol:

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:31 pm

nerd wrote:

Don't get personal I was in the mental hospital when I wrote about Ben Steele.
I'm normally right 10 times out of ten, but that wasn't one of them.
lol.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 pm

stickywicket wrote:
nerd wrote:

lol.

Thats a Len Ashurst quote whilst talking about Tommy Tynan he said "10 times out of 10 he would have put that chance away but that wasn't one of them"

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:36 pm

stickywicket wrote:
nerd wrote:

lol.

lol

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:37 pm

Good memory you have davdil, thats who I pinched the saying off. lol

Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:38 pm

nerd wrote:

FFS nerd why are you making a point of keeping on about sticky comment,there was quite a few people in posts saying he had gone back a month ago,i dont write down names or remember who said it,does that mean im a sniper,i dont know this sticky,but he has posted something and you are on his back about making a snipe,then you comment regarding the other message board in one of your posts,relax and stop acting like a private investigator trying to name the snipers(if there is any)

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:02 pm

i made a post asking had he gone back due to the embargo,
but im not in the know so didnt know so asked so i would know. :D

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:31 pm

He was signed at the beginning of the Season for 1 Season.