Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Please Dave Jones can you ask Big Sam , Ketty , Gwyn etc

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:29 pm

To come down to Cardiff City stadium and do a motovational speech an hour before the Swans game to 100% Hammer home to our players how much this game means to us!!! If I ever hear that beauty its only 3 points again I will not be responsible for my actions. Our destiny is in our own hands we have played our part now you see it through!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Please Dave Jones can you ask Big Sam , Ketty , Gwyn etc

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:39 pm

I have to agree.I dont buy any of this 'its just another game' bullshit.Even some of our fans say it,it does my head in.Saturday is a huge game against our rivals,made even bigger because of the league standings.We are due a result against them so lets hope our boys rise to it and show the passion we deserve.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:46 pm

So basically, you want the squad to peak emotionally for one game, then subconsciously relax after that?

It's just a game - one game - in the run in to go up. That's far, far more important.

I'd guess most of those wanting this game taken more seriously than any other would, if the jacks did the same, go on to criticise them for being obsessed with us!

We need to win games. The fact it's Swansea is an utter irrelevance. "Local bragging rights" don't get you promoted.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:59 pm

nerd wrote:So basically, you want the squad to peak emotionally for one game, then subconsciously relax after that?

It's just a game - one game - in the run in to go up. That's far, far more important.

I'd guess most of those wanting this game taken more seriously than any other would, if the jacks did the same, go on to criticise them for being obsessed with us!

We need to win games. The fact it's Swansea is an utter irrelevance. "Local bragging rights" don't get you promoted.

nerd you always disagree with peoples posts,i get the impression that you think your more intelligent than them,and there is an element of arrogance in your posts,i like a healthy debate,but got to be honest your posts annoy me,and judging by what you write you seem like a clown of a bloke,my honest opinion as always

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:02 pm

Well said Peg, I wonder what speech DJ would give if it was his precious Everton he was in charge off against Liverpool. :o

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Nerd WTF Nerd by name Nerd by nature? listen mate I know its every game that counts but with our lot they turn up when it suits them!!!! I just want them 100% focused for Swansea game they can loose interest once we have got a playoff spot, we are inconsistent and in my mind they need a sports performance coach or even better Saddams son who run the Iraq national team now that man knew how to get results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:11 pm

Every game counts Nerds but if there is any game to really count this is the one. A victiry over the Jacks and we will sail inmot the playoff. Anything else and its going ot be difficult work.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:16 pm

danishblues wrote:Nerd WTF Nerd by name Nerd by nature? listen mate I know its every game that counts but with our lot they turn up when it suits them!!!! I just want them 100% focused for Swansea game they can loose interest once we have got a playoff spot, we are inconsistent and in my mind they need a sports performance coach or even better Saddams son who run the Iraq national team now that man knew how to get results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Never thought I would see the day when a 'Nerd' give you some jib mate. :lol:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Danish, consistency is definitely the key. No disagreement there.

People seem to want our players to be "up" for this game more than others. The worst thing the players can be is keyed up, acting emotionally rather than rationally. Especially if there's a comedown in later games as a result.

McPhail got stuck in, "up" for it twice, after all - which many criticised him for.

It's simply just another game, no more important than any other.

I want the team to win every game, if possible. I don't want players going flying into reckless tackles because that's what fans want to see for this game. I don't want players getting injured trying to secure "local bragging rights".

Personally, couldn't care less if we lost to the Jacks if we made the playoffs in the end. The whole "rivalry" stuff is just utterly meaningless to me...

@gup

Thanks for your honest opinion.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:27 pm

nerd wrote:So basically, you want the squad to peak emotionally for one game, then subconsciously relax after that?

Nerd have you ever played football personally?My guess is you have'nt.If you had you wouldnt spout shit like that.

We dont want them to peak because its the jacks but derbies are not like normal games.They are won with pride and passion and that is our point.Form and ability can go out of the window for these games,its quite often the team with most fight that will win in a derby.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:33 pm

Corkrey wrote:

Nerd have you ever played football personally?My guess is you have'nt.If you had you wouldnt spout shit like that.

We dont want them to peak because its the jacks but derbies are not like normal games.They are won with pride and passion and that is our point.Form and ability can go out of the window for these games,its quite often the team with most fight that will win in a derby.

Not disagreeing per se - but you want that fight in teams every game. "Pride and passion" are meaningless tangential qualities you simply can't quantify. At this stage of the season, the important thing is winning games. Picking up points. Would "pride and passion" necessarily give us a soft penalty? Cause opposition to say score an own goal? "Pride and passion" means nothing if it's a heroic defeat, after all.

It's all about the points now. A deflection off Bothroyd's arse into the net in the 90th minute of an incredibly tedious match will still give 3 points.

We've simply got to NOT lose the game first off the bat. The Jacks don't look like scoring these days, so we can be fairly comfortable there. The danger they cause will be if the players get too hyped up, decide to attack with everything including the kitchen sink.

Which is why they've got to play with their minds more than their hearts.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:48 pm

To me a derby is won with heart.Of course they have to be disciplined and not let that spill over into stupidity but they are pro's,its what they get paid to do.The last few derbies have proven that.

Swansea and Cardiff are very evenly matched teams but to me they have got the better of us because of fight and spirit.It just seems as if they want it more.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:58 pm

Personally, I think it's much more than three points. I also believe the overall club performance for the season is fully affected by this game and even more so with the current timing and league standings. I deliberately used the word club as opposed to the word team. I genuinely believe every single person associated with club will play their part in getting the club promoted. This includes the board, the manager, the coaching staff, the players, all ancillary staff and last but certainly not least the fans. For a club to be promoted all of these groups must pull in the same direction. There are also intangible factors like momentum, confidence, 'the feel good factor'. These are the elements which would all be enhanced with a victory over those cunts from down west. A victory over them would put a smile on the face of every person associated with Cardiff City Football Club. The players and fans would be invigorated for the final push and cementing this play-off place. This enhanced invigoration would boost crowd numbers, niggling injuries would clear up quicker, the passion levels would raise, it would put us in the perfect position for a wonderful climax in what could be one of the most memorable of Cardiff City seasons. Another reason why I believe it is worth more than the statutory three points is that we may meet them again in the play-offs and again the confidence level would rise at the club having the knowledge that we are capable of beating them, at the moment I am not sure if we have too many who believe we can beat them.

In the space of four days I have seen this Cardiff team put in a battling performance to take three points off Middlesborough and then turn up at Ipswich and put in the most listless pathetic display I think I have ever seen. Therefore there is a requirement to point out to these players how important this game, there is a requirement to ensure that nothing short of their very very best will be acceptable, there is a requirement to stress that only victory will be tolerated. We want their best, we want them to come off that field with nothing left, we demand three points.

We have better players than Swansea, I have no doubt about that, can we match their players desire and passion for this game, I have my doubts. So yes we should ram it down, not just the players throats, but Dave Jones as well. This means everything, you players have the chance to be heroes, to be legends, to be talked about for decades to come. Come on give your all, put them in their place, cement that play-off position and we can enjoy the rest of the season and go into the play-offs oozing confidence.

Yes it so much more than three points, its everything, its why we turn up, its what we want, everything will taste better if we beat the non washers, the air we breathe will be fresher if we beat the gypos, the grass will be greener, the sky bluer, the sunshine warmer if we beat the caravan dwelling peg selling cunts, we demand victory and we promise to play our part. I cant f*cking wait..... BLUEBIRDS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:04 pm

The thing for me is, every one of the comments directed at the Jacks game are every bit as applicable to the Leicester game.

Similar position, same playoff implications.

yet people are overlooking that game in favour of the Jacks one.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 pm

nerd wrote:The thing for me is, every one of the comments directed at the Jacks game are every bit as applicable to the Leicester game.

essentially i agree with you....... however what i am trying to point out is that a win over swansea would have a much greater impact on the club than a win over Leicester.....

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:56 pm

I was saying to my Dad yesterday that Jones has to make sure the players realise that this may be just another 3 points, but the game isn't just another game. The reasons the jacks have a decent record against us last season and this is because they were "up for it" and our players didn't seem to be, so the first battle is won for them, psychologically. I also said that, by treating this as just another game, Jones doesn't really understand a local derby game mentality. About time he did, maybe then we'd beat the peg selling cunts

Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:59 pm

mp4-12c wrote:
nerd wrote:The thing for me is, every one of the comments directed at the Jacks game are every bit as applicable to the Leicester game.

essentially i agree with you....... however what i am trying to point out is that a win over swansea would have a much greater impact on the club than a win over Leicester.....

A win over Leicester increases gap over teams outside the playoffs - making the Jacks game less important.

Other than locally born players, I'd doubt the players would see it as more important than any other game.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:02 pm

Nerd, I think it's a touch naive of you to think next saturday's game will ever be less important than any other to anyone associated with the club. Apart from Jones, maybe?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Well, it's naive to believe players magically suddenly love the club and hate their rivals in a pantomime manner...

The Leicester game is important. The Jacks game is important. All games are important.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:13 pm

nerd wrote:Well, it's naive to believe players magically suddenly love the club and hate their rivals in a pantomime manner...

The Leicester game is important. The Jacks game is important. All games are important.

That's not what anyone is saying, though. Of course they're all important. and we're not saying that any of our players hate their rivals in pantomime manner. But this is a local derby and, if the jacks players are up for it big time (and, on recent evidence, they seem to be) and we're not, we'll get well beaten

Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Our most important game of the Season is Leicester on Tuesday and 3 points would be massive. Then we have our most important and to many biggest game of the Season against our West Wales cousins.

This game is massive and you can't get away from the local rivalary and all the passion that comes with it. We have to get up for this game and each and every player needs to be aware what it means to us fans. I don't want us to kick them off the park and risk red cards and suspensions (Although it would be nice if someone snapped Tate in two) but i do want us to start like we did against Sheffield United and then continue with that momentum for the rest of the game,

6 points from the next 2 games would virtually ensure us of a Play Off place :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: