Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

10 YEARS AGO OUR CLUB

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:24 pm

WAS READY TO FOLD, FINISHED NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE 4th Division, Average Crowds of 4,000.

I know we are in Debt still but we have come through one hell of a Roller Coaster Ride and SAM TOOK US ON A DREAM and SOME OF THOSE DREAMS Have Come TRUE.
LOVE HIM or HATE HIM SAM HAMMAM Started All This, when NO ONE Else would go near us, Would The Riddler have come to us if we had been in the 4th Division ?

I know some people dislike him but thats up to them and its their Opinion.
Yes Sam was Mad, but you had to be a Mad Man to have bought Cardiff City in the Year 2000.
I am Very Proud to Say that Sam was My Friend then and still is to This Very Day. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/4 ... 2/sizes/l/

THANKYOU Jon Candy for photo :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 10 YEARS AGO OUR CLUB

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:28 pm

On Sams last ever Visit to Ninian Park, Sam brought his whole Family to My House before the game and I could see he was hurting, when he left, On My Kitchen Table was The Magazine FOLLW THE DREAM By SAM HAMMMAM and Signed to My Friend Annis May the Dream Continue and Thankyou signed Sam :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:30 pm

Has he been to watch Cardiff since he has left Annis?

I love Hammam. I like the passion he showed :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:32 pm

chippy909 wrote:Has he been to watch Cardiff since he has left Annis?

I love Hammam. I like the passion he showed :ayatollah:

No Chippy, but He Promises one day, he will come along and Sit with me at a Home game.
He listened to every game on the internet in Lebanon and now rings 2/3 times a week to talk about Our Club.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Sam was our saviour and lived the dream with us all, his only downfall was that he proved he could not financially run the club competently, but as far as passion, enthusiasm and charisma went he had it all, was a shame to see him go the way he did, i would still have loved to have seen him be part of our club and also OUR dreams. :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Yes we owe sam a lot. cheers sam.
the person responsible in getting sam really interested was bobby gould he never gets any recognition he sold sam the dream and he bought it.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Sam started the dream and it's because of him we are where we are today. When you read that he does say we could crash and burn and boy we almost did. If i had a choice sam or the riddler it would be sam all day because he had some passion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:51 pm

Annis,i remember the day when you introduced me to him in the club lounge at ninian all those years ago.I will never forget how when he spoke to me how his passion came through,met him on quite a few occasions after that and would always stop and chat.He was probably the biggest thing to happen to our club in our lifetimes its just a shame that we run before we could walk.No doubt about it the best ten years of following the city for over 40years mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:55 pm

I would have sam back tommorow he loves the club :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:56 pm

willie anderson wrote:Annis,i remember the day when you introduced me to him in the club lounge at ninian all those years ago.I will never forget how when he spoke to me how his passion came through,met him on quite a few occasions after that and would always stop and chat.He was probably the biggest thing to happen to our club in our lifetimes its just a shame that we run before we could walk.No doubt about it the best ten years of following the city for over 40years mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I Rem :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes Mate, The Man had Passion Beyond and I just wish he had been able to lead us to the Promise Land.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:00 pm

good days annis it was like being on a rollercoaster mate only we didn't want to get off!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:05 pm

willie anderson wrote:good days annis it was like being on a rollercoaster mate only we didn't want to get off!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes and I still wish he was here, ask Gwyn how he feels.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:40 pm

was it really 10 years since we were going on a march outside the landsdown with cameras in tow to try and save our club just before sam came ?

doesn't time fly !

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:08 pm

So many questions here - let's see if I get any honest answers!!

Simple ones to start.

1. How much of his own personal wealth did Mr. Hammam put into the club, either in buying or running it?

2. How much money did Mr. Hammam take financially from the club throughout his years here?

3. Who brought Peter Ridsdale into our club?

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:21 pm

Claude Blue wrote:So many questions here - let's see if I get any honest answers!!

Simple ones to start.

1. How much of his own personal wealth did Mr. Hammam put into the club, either in buying or running it?

2. How much money did Mr. Hammam take financially from the club throughout his years here?

I can only answer one of those questions and its the third one. Most people know it was Sam who asked PR to come in and sort the financial problems out.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:22 pm

I wonder if he also listens to his other 'family' afc wimbledon?

I am afraid to tell you that he game the same old waffle to wimbledon fans when he was leaving them in the shit.

The man is bully nothing more - nothing less.

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:23 pm

Hard to believe its only 10 years. Seems like an eternity.
If he could have managed the finances better he’d still be here.
The academy has produced some decent players.
ramsey,Gunter,Jerome etc ,etc ,etc,

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:30 pm

I totally agree on the academy but Jerome did not come throught it

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:34 pm

keith pontin wrote:I wonder if he also listens to his other 'family' afc wimbledon?

I am afraid to tell you that he game the same old waffle to wimbledon fans when he was leaving them in the shit.

The man is bully nothing more - nothing less.

Got to disagree. There is no way on Gods earth that Wimbledon should ever have been a top flight club.
That was down to Sam. We are now in a new ground and on the brink of Premier league football. Again,
that is down to the foundations Sam built and NOT Ridsdale.

However, there are still far too many grey areas re: the club debt and as to exactly how much of his own
money Sam actually spent. I would love clarification on those issues before I could welcome Sam back with
open arms. But believe me I'd LOVE the truth to be that he was just daft, not devious

Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:49 pm

Forever Blue wrote:WAS READY TO FOLD, FINISHED NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE 4th Division, Average Crowds of 4,000.

I know we are in Debt still but we have come through one hell of a Roller Coaster Ride and SAM TOOK US ON A DREAM and SOME OF THOSE DREAMS Have Come TRUE.
LOVE HIM or HATE HIM SAM HAMMAM Started All This, when NO ONE Else would go near us, Would The Riddler have come to us if we had been in the 4th Division ?

Yes Sam was Mad, but you had to be a Mad Man to have bought Cardiff City in the Year 2000.
I am Very Proud to Say that Sam was My Friend then and still is to This Very Day. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

THE LOVE AFFAIR CONTINUES TUNE IN FOR NEXT WEEKS EPISODE. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:19 am

Taffyapple,

I hate ridsdale.

I am not saying that Hammam did not kick start where we are now but :

1. his spending was reckless
2. he is a bully and we all know what happens to a bully in the end - they get beaten

He is on the phone to Annis saying he 'loves' the club while 2 years ago he was taking us to the high court!

The man is a prize c**t

Mike

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:44 am

Claude Blue wrote:So many questions here - let's see if I get any honest answers!!

Simple ones to start.

Hello Gareth Davies, PR's no2.

£3.1 million Sam put in off his own money and before he left, wrote off £6 Million and last year wrote off £12 Million.

Sam took about £4 Million worth of wages in 6 years.

Sam brought the Riddler in to advice and help him and for that he got STABBED IN THE BACK.

YOUTH ACADEMY ALL SAMS, now read shattered dreams I am straight down the middle in the book all Sams faults are in there, DID YOU KNOW Sam like I Did ?

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:51 am

Simple ones to start.

Monseaur Claude i thought you were popping in to see us last weds, come and see us tomorrow night be nice to put a name to your face :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:38 am

keith pontin wrote:I totally agree on the academy but Jerome did not come throught it

Oh yes he did. Jerome was one of the academy's first signing's. Admittedly he came in quite late but only because he was released elsewhere. Without Cardiff City's academy Jerome wouldn't be playing football now.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 am

Sam restored my faith in CCFC getting to the premiership. Im still living in hope! :old: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Simple ones to start.

Hello Gareth Davies, PR's no2.

£3.1 million Sam put in off his own money and before he left, wrote off £6 Million and last year wrote off £12 Million.

Sam took about £4 Million worth of wages in 6 years.

Sam brought the Riddler in to advice and help him and for that he got STABBED IN THE BACK.

YOUTH ACADEMY ALL SAMS, now read shattered dreams I am straight down the middle in the book all Sams faults are in there, DID YOU KNOW Sam like I Did ?

If you accept Langston is Sam Hammam then he also put £24m of his own cash into CCFC in 2004. Since then he has basically written off £14m capital and millions more in interest payments.

And guess who boasts about that success? You guessed it Mr 'I have never put a penny into this club' Peter Ridsdale.

Life is sick sometimes isn't it?

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:58 am

every thing sam did at cardiff was for the good of the club, his pride and passion and the love and respect he and the fans shared for one another will always be remebered. in my opinion our time under sam PUT THE PRIDE BACK INTO CARDIFF CITY!!!!

SAM DESERVES ALOT OF RESPECT !!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:22 am

Forever Blue wrote:WAS READY TO FOLD, FINISHED NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE 4th Division, Average Crowds of 4,000.

more than 10 years ago, i remember being sat in block A with a sprinkling of scunthorpe fans in grandstand above us, on a cold friday night with a crowd of one man and its dog! infact i didnt even see the dog! year2000 those days changed for the better IMO......
whatever anyone wants to say about SAM the more i think about it, the more i wish he was back, the guy had cardiff city at heart, he turned our club around and installed a massive us and them attitude that united and stirred a great club into action!
sadly at present thanks to greed and huge mismanagment from people who only care about themselves the club is slipping away. (THANKFULLY PLAYERS AND FANS ARE DOING THERE BIT CORRECTLY)

peter i know your reading this so when it comes to you and SAM 2 words come to mind!!! PASSION and GREED (wonder which one would be used for you, and which for sam!!
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:42 am

Sam Hammam started the dream for sure. Now we are waiting for someone to finish the dream.
Sam took us a far as he could and stepped down, PR has taken us nowhwere. We are still in the same league as when Sam left. PR says we been to wembley but we only got there because the luck of the draw. The hardest side we played was Middlesbrough and they were shit so he cant really take anything from that.
As I said Sam started the dream now whos gonna finish it, not PR he almost finished the club!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:49 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:Sam Hammam started the dream for sure. Now we are waiting for someone to finish the dream.
Sam took us a far as he could and stepped down, PR has taken us nowhwere. We are still in the same league as when Sam left. PR says we been to wembley but we only got there because the luck of the draw. The hardest side we played was Middlesbrough and they were shit so he cant really take anything from that.
As I said Sam started the dream now whos gonna finish it, not PR he almost finished the club!

mr fish/hunt whatever you are today, couldnt agree with your last line more :ayatollah: