Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 10 YEARS AGO OUR CLUB

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:54 am

milly44 wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:Sam Hammam started the dream for sure. Now we are waiting for someone to finish the dream.
Sam took us a far as he could and stepped down, PR has taken us nowhwere. We are still in the same league as when Sam left. PR says we been to wembley but we only got there because the luck of the draw. The hardest side we played was Middlesbrough and they were shit so he cant really take anything from that.
As I said Sam started the dream now whos gonna finish it, not PR he almost finished the club!

mr fish/hunt whatever you are today, couldnt agree with your last line more :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:05 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:Sam Hammam started the dream for sure. Now we are waiting for someone to finish the dream.
Sam took us a far as he could and stepped down, PR has taken us nowhwere. We are still in the same league as when Sam left. PR says we been to wembley but we only got there because the luck of the draw. The hardest side we played was Middlesbrough and they were shit so he cant really take anything from that.
As I said Sam started the dream now whos gonna finish it, not PR he almost finished the club!

I agree, apart from Riddler taking us nowhere. He did get us in the ground, albeit over budget and not on time, but Sam wouldn't have got us in the ground. We'd still be at Ninian if he was here, and maybe some people would be happy if we were. Ridsdale is a leech, a crook and a parasite, but he did make the ground happen. Sam was the one who got us here and left at the right time, even though he was forced out and stabbed in the back in the process. Like you say, we just need someone to finish off the dream now, it's still a work in progress at the moment

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:22 am

Summed up perfectly by Thomas, Hammam was the catalyst to this. Whatever your opinion of the man he did start this whole journey and recognition is paid to him for that. However, he did start to lose the plot whether it be for his own gain or just because he got carried away by his own ambitions. Ridsdale did well to start but lost his way even quicker and he's now done himself more harm than good by being here.

I would say this story is waiting for an ending and who are we to say whether it's going to be happy or sad. Cardiff City really is a seemingly neverending story mind so don't hold your breath!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:24 am

riddlers only answer to success is harping back to wembley success or the new stadium!!!!

wembley had f**k all to do with him! only input he had in it all was taking his bonus and sticking the club further into the shit!

stadium, we had to move with the times agreed, but the atmosphere is ruined, and made at a cost we cant afford, and thats down to one mans mis management!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:43 am

It was Sam's time in Charge that got me intrested in CCFC. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:44 am

Forever Blue wrote:WAS READY TO FOLD, FINISHED NEAR THE BOTTOM OF THE 4th Division, Average Crowds of 4,000.

I know we are in Debt still but we have come through one hell of a Roller Coaster Ride and SAM TOOK US ON A DREAM and SOME OF THOSE DREAMS Have Come TRUE.
LOVE HIM or HATE HIM SAM HAMMAM Started All This, when NO ONE Else would go near us, Would The Riddler have come to us if we had been in the 4th Division ?

I know some people dislike him but thats up to them and its their Opinion.
Yes Sam was Mad, but you had to be a Mad Man to have bought Cardiff City in the Year 2000.
I am Very Proud to Say that Sam was My Friend then and still is to This Very Day. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joncandy/4 ... 2/sizes/l/

THANKYOU Jon Candy for photo :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

next time you talk to sam ,send him my love

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:04 am

Fair play they were good times.

I do miss the mad b*stard. He suited us! :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:10 am

Sams time at Cardiff was the best I have ever expeirenced. The drive, the passion, the care and the love he showed for cardiff city was amazing.

I would love sam back at cardiff but instead we got some fat big nosed ugly man from yorkshire who all he cares about is himself.

Ridsdale shows no love for MY club. No passion for MY club. No care for MY club. And he could not give a f**k about ME or ANYONE ELSE.

Well done Peter you have fucked up 3 clubs. You are such a clever business man. Remember that poll in the times. You were the most hated man in sport over the last 10 years with 70% of the vote.

We want Hammam back
say we want Hammam back
We want Hammam back
Say we want Hammam back :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:11 am

I for one would welcome him back, but i cant see it ever happening.
Having said that, i didn't think kelvin Etuhu would play for us again either!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:00 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I for one would welcome him back, but i cant see it ever happening.
Having said that, i didn't think kelvin Etuhu would play for us again either!

:ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:18 pm

I get fedup of hearing people say that PR got us the ground, how did he do that then? Sam wouldn't budge on the rugby and the Council hated that, he also could not show or come up with the last 9 million that was needed on the business plan.
PMG gaurantedd this 9 mill and we thank him for that, I'm sure it wasn't done for blind love of CCFC but more for the reatila park, hotel land etc. but he spotted a weakness in Sam's position and used it to his advantage, that's how things work in business and i'm sure if the shoe was on the other foot Sam would have sneaked in and picked it up on the cheap as PMG and so many others have done.

Everything was in place bforer PR was here, just the money and business plan that as i said earlier was down to PMG not PR.
If you listen to PR he built the stadium himself, he took us to Wembley himself, he took us to our highest finsih himself (even though we were top of the Championship when he took over) and anything wrong is down to others, allegedly.

Sam was told by the council the stadium would be built in two years, when Russell Goodway lost his seat and was replaced by the small Homosexual scottish football lover (not) all the plans went upside down. Sam budgetted to be in a stadium in 3 years and bought a team that would get us at least into the championship, the massive delays put the mockers on all that, loads of msitakes made and I'm sure if he could do it again, he'd do things differently, but he gave it his best sshoit when no one else would touch us with a barge pole, and I for one will be eternally grateful.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:24 pm

Sam Hamman was our saviour, in 2000 we were going know where fast.
i was at the meeting in the Friendly hotel and thank God Sam decided to take on what was then a very ailing football club.
Well done Sam ....... :ayatollah:

Pinochio get out of our great football club.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:26 pm

So, you're saying that Mr. Hammam lost a total of £17.1m on Cardiff City AFC?

We both know that's not true, so why do you continue to perpetuate such blatent lies?

Let's try another one.

Why wouldn't Cardiff County Council allow Mr. Hammam to be involved, in any capacity, with the development of our new ground? You know the reason, will you be honest to all your friends on here?

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:29 pm

I think calling the Lord Major "a short fat Scottish Poof helped matters" allegedly. :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:34 pm

I remember listening to Sam, talking of his vision for our club, in the Cwrt Rawlin pub in Caerphilly in 2001. He was sat on top of a bandit machine while speaking. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:36 pm

BigGwynram wrote:I think calling the Lord Major "a short fat Scottish Poof helped matters" allegedly. :lol:

One can only speak as one finds though

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Sam brought me some of my best memories down the City, and I thank him for that :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:43 pm

This is a good omen by adding together Sam's initals S (19th word of the alphabet) and H (8th letter) you get a total of 27.

Add TG's together T (20th) & G (7th) again you get 27.

Add PR's P (16th) & R (18th) you get 34.

1927 is the most famous year in this clubs history with us of course winning the FA Cup; whilst in 1934 we finished bottom of the old Division 3 (South).

That PR he's a curse :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:11 pm

Claude Blue wrote:So, you're saying that Mr. Hammam lost a total of £17.1m on Cardiff City AFC?

We both know that's not true, so why do you continue to perpetuate such blatent lies?

Let's try another one.

Why wouldn't Cardiff County Council allow Mr. Hammam to be involved, in any capacity, with the development of our new ground? You know the reason, will you be honest to all your friends on here?

Because he called him a Gay b*stard and told him to stick a Vibrator up his arse a fact and the reply was, while I am leader of the Council you will NEVER GET THE GO AHEAD FOR THE STADIUM, THE PROBLEM WAS SAM WAS TOO OUT SPOKEN and didnt like gays :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:14 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:This is a good omen by adding together Sam's initals S (19th word of the alphabet) and H (8th letter) you get a total of 27.

Add TG's together T (20th) & G (7th) again you get 27.

Add PR's P (16th) & R (18th) you get 34.

1927 is the most famous year in this clubs history with us of course winning the FA Cup; whilst in 1934 we finished bottom of the old Division 3 (South).

That PR he's a curse :lol:

Brilliant :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:So, you're saying that Mr. Hammam lost a total of £17.1m on Cardiff City AFC?

Let's try another one.

Because he called him a Gay b*stard and told him to stick a Vibrator up his arse a fact and the reply was, while I am leader of the Council you will NEVER GET THE GO AHEAD FOR THE STADIUM, THE PROBLEM WAS SAM WAS TOO OUT SPOKEN and didnt like gays :lol:

don't make him a bad guy :lol: :lol:

Saying I'm homophobic would suggest I'm scared of gays. I'm not, I just don't like them :lol:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:38 pm

Mr. Hammams alleged homophobia wasn't the reason for the Council refusing to do business with him.

You need to look deeper, although your leader here will furnish you with the facts if you ask him.

Or maybe not...........................

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:13 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Mr. Hammams alleged homophobia wasn't the reason for the Council refusing to do business with him.

You need to look deeper, although your leader here will furnish you with the facts if you ask him.

Or maybe not...........................

They are The FACTS READ SHATTERED DREAMS.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:29 pm

I have.

Did you deliberatly leave out certain facts, or is your work a case of "fact" and fiction?

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Claude Blue wrote:I have.

Did you deliberatly leave out certain facts, or is your work a case of "fact" and fiction?

Claude, Whatever I say you will try and find holes in it, TELL ME WHY HASNT RIDDLER PAID THE PLAYERS TODAY ANOTHER FACT ?

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:hell of a Roller Coaster Ride :

the last 3 months have been a rollercoast ride & we are still on it!!!!!!! hopefully come to a good end!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:26 pm

And to think Sam, The Riddler still blames you.

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:41 am

riddler blames anyone but himself :twisted:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:48 am

the riddler is fucked in the noggin though aint he, 20 years ago he would be residing in ely hospital :lol: :lol:

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:19 am

rob wrote:the riddler is fucked in the noggin though aint he, 20 years ago he would be residing in ely hospital :lol: :lol:

hes laughing himself to sleep though sadly.

WE WANT SAM HAMMAM WALKING ROUND THE PITCH
WE WANT SAM HAMMAM WALKING ROUND THE PITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: