Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Oh what a day

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Just got back from hospital. My mum has had to have a series of tests today as she has had some blackouts which she decided not to inform either me or my sisters about until this morning. Anyway upshot is they suspect she has had a series of mini brain bleeds. Gotta have lumbar puncture in the morning and more scans to confirm. Complete shock to me, still shes in the right place now.

Re: Oh what a day

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:47 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Just got back from hospital. My mum has had to have a series of tests today as she has had some blackouts which she decided not to inform either me or my sisters about until this morning. Anyway upshot is they suspect she has had a series of mini brain bleeds. Gotta have lumbar puncture in the morning and more scans to confirm. Complete shock to me, still shes in the right place now.

all the best to her mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 pm

milly44 wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:Just got back from hospital. My mum has had to have a series of tests today as she has had some blackouts which she decided not to inform either me or my sisters about until this morning. Anyway upshot is they suspect she has had a series of mini brain bleeds. Gotta have lumbar puncture in the morning and more scans to confirm. Complete shock to me, still shes in the right place now.

all the best to her mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers mate

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:48 pm

give her our regards, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:and good luck

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:49 pm

All the best as well mate :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:49 pm

hope everything turns out well for you man

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:50 pm

(((((CWTCH)))))))

chin up - not good news to hear :cry:

Hope the L.P goes ok tomorrow and stay positive

Regards to you, your mum and the fmaily x

:ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:52 pm

Yes All the best to her and your Family, Chin up :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:54 pm

all the best. hope everything works out fine. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 pm

All the best. It must have been a shock to you. I'm sure everything will be oK.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:59 pm

Thanks everybody very kind of you all. Its a bit worrying because this is exactly how my nan died. She had a series of mini strokes followed by a massive one. Shes a tough old bugger though. Cant praise the hospital staff enough they were fantastic today and working for a pittance in my opinion.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:08 pm

All the best to you, your family and most importantly your Mum

I take it this is for diagnosis rather than cure?

This type of procedure has a high success rate so I'm sure your Mum will be fine, maybe a couple of hours of discomfort afterwards but nothing major.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:10 pm

all the best mate. hope it all works out for your mum

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:13 pm

joncandy wrote:All the best to you, your family and most importantly your Mum

This type of procedure has a high success rate so I'm sure your Mum will be fine, maybe a couple of hours of discomfort afterwards but nothing major.

Yes just a diagnosis at this stage just glad I visited her early this morning. I just had a funny feeling after speaking to her on the phone late last night something wasnt right. Shes a proud old bird, but being a retired nurse herself she was well aware something was not right but was too frightened to do anything about it. Frightened the blody life out of me when I saw the state of her this morning.

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:24 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
joncandy wrote:All the best to you, your family and most importantly your Mum

Yes just a diagnosis at this stage just glad I visited her early this morning. I just had a funny feeling after speaking to her on the phone late last night something wasnt right. Shes a proud old bird, but being a retired nurse herself she was well aware something was not right but was too frightened to do anything about it. Frightened the blody life out of me when I saw the state of her this morning.

I've had a close friend go through a similar situation (strangely his mum was also a nurse).

Basically she had a stoke at home (undiagnosed) was admitted to hospital and put under observation, where she had a further (larger stroke), she's now having an operation to remove a blockage in arteries around the neck.

The good thing about your situation is it sounds at least its been caught early and they are being pro-active about it (my mates mum had to wait a week after the intial and subsequent stroke before she had a scan)

Again hope all goes well! :ayatollah:

Jon

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:29 pm

Chin up mate, here's hoping everything goes just fine :ayatollah:

All the best to you and your family, you're in my prayers :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 pm

Thanks for all the messages of support your all a great bunch of lads and lasses. Once again thanks very much. Time for bed now methinks. :ayatollah:

Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:46 pm

Yes she's in the right place, lets all hope that she recovers soon, Good luck!