Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OWLS FANS JAILED!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:59 am

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Sheffield ... 6196678.jp

All Leeds fans cleared and the other Leeds fans escaped from scene of crime !!!!!!
But don't just expect a banning order when you get involved in football violence!!!!

Re: OWLS FANS JAILED!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:24 am

love it, sends the blood going :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:31 am

4 years for throwing a punch! yet a peado gets less than half that??? whats wrong with this system? all i can think of is the police and judges love kiddy fiddlers

Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:35 am

I know they're Leeds Sam, but seemed a bit bullyish to me (guy in shirt and tie!). Might be wrong as dont know full story.

Also don't you love it - seemed very hot, boys in T shirts and one lad with Barbour on. Football don't u love it!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:59 pm

f*cking unbelievable A group, some with a violent record already, bully another (smaller) group on a train which also has women and children on, and the courts are wrong to lock them up?!?! f**k me, what have we come to. In my eyes they are lucky they only got what they did

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:14 pm

My opinion they got what they deserved. The whole intent was from the Owls fans hence why no Leeds fan was charged.

The whole point of this thread from what I see is that dont think you will get away with a banning order if you are seen hitting someone football related. Same has used his own club supporters to show how stupid it is to cause a fight especially being football related.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:14 pm

machen_blue wrote:f*cking unbelievable A group, some with a violent record already, bully another (smaller) group on a train which also has women and children on, and the courts are wrong to lock them up?!?! f**k me, what have we come to. In my eyes they are lucky they only got what they did

ok reading back I am not sure that anyone is saying the courts are wrong but sometimes I really wonder. This was not even football ultimately. This is not "like minded men" this was in July!!! They have picked out football but it could have been anything. All I know is that if my wife and son were caught up in that or if I was one of the bullied then I would feel that justice has been done. It is irrelevant on some of the lenient sentences handed out to others, it is those sentences that is very wrong and have a huge sense of injustice and not this. This is not a case of someone "just" throwing a punch.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:12 pm

If it was innocent commuters getting attacked, the perpetrators would be banged in a second. These people deserved the same. But fair play to the fella in the striped shirt, he's still standing at the end and the others seemed so tough, they gave up trying to knock him down. Should have been easy in a gang though

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:42 pm

I know all these people convicted! Some were guilty as the video shows but a few of them never got involved!
The ones shown doing the crime probabley got what they deservered but there was a few that have been jailed because they were there, but how do you get off a moving train??? The judge just threw the sentences out to them all!!!!
My statement was for all you who think they will just get away with a banning order when an offence takes place! Think twice before you commit an offence because jails the only place you are going to end up!
Im gutted for the ones who didnt do anything and i know their parents very well, but if your around when it kicks off you know what can happen!!!!!!

Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:46 pm

sam salim wrote:I know all these people convicted! Some were guilty as the video shows but a few of them never got involved!
The ones shown doing the crime probabley got what they deservered but there was a few that have been jailed because they were there, but how do you get off a moving train??? The judge just threw the sentences out to them all!!!!
My statement was for all you who think they will just get away with a banning order when an offence takes place! Think twice before you commit an offence because jails the only place you are going to end up!
Im gutted for the ones who didnt do anything and i know their parents very well, but if your around when it kicks off you know what can happen!!!!!!

The thing is, if there's a load of you and it's going off around you, but you know there are enough of your mates to deal with it, you could just walk away. I suppose, if you're there, it's the old 'guilty through association' charge. But, after a skinful of lager, it's easier said than done and the adrenaline does start pumping

Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:41 pm

sam salim wrote:I know all these people convicted! Some were guilty as the video shows but a few of them never got involved!

If they didnt want to get involved then they shouldn't have got up and walked down the carriage. They weren't jailed just cos they were there were they? There were plenty of other people on the train who "were there" but they didnt get sent down.

Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:24 pm

CayoBluebird wrote:

If they didnt want to get involved then they shouldn't have got up and walked down the carriage. They weren't jailed just cos they were there were they? There were plenty of other people on the train who "were there" but they didnt get sent down.

you would make a good judge!!! Everyone guilty in your eyes!!!!!! :twisted:

Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:49 am

Sam whats the full story ?

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:29 am

From that footage... the one's who followed the class clown should be locked up...f*cking animals.. the Leeds fans were sat in their seats.

That guy in red who was starting it all off should be made an example of... and the rest are gutless pussies following a pack mentality! Did you see the one little gimp hug the guy who started it all off?? FFS...

How would you guys feel if you had your kids on a train and a group of animals did that?

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:35 am

sam salim wrote:The ones shown doing the crime probabley got what they deservered but there was a few that have been jailed because they were there, but how do you get off a moving train??? The judge just threw the sentences out to them all!!!!

I agree with you to a certain extent...

But for those who "got up out of their seats" and followed the dickhead in red... they were part of the intimidation....

But that guy hugging the "pack leader" ffs.... what a big girl!! :lol:

Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:55 am

I believe the criminal defence for anyone who is caught up in group disturbances (even if they don't actively take part the violence) is to show that they tried to actively discourage the other members of the group from taking part.

Just standing around and doing nothing is not a defence and you can be found guilty by association because your very presence is giving weight to the 'gang' for the want of a better word.

The real point of this incident is there is no such thing as innocent bystanders when other members of your group engage in violence. If you are unfortunate enough to get caught up in such a thing you must actively show restraint.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:26 am

sam salim wrote:
you would make a good judge!!! Everyone guilty in your eyes!!!!!! :twisted:

Not at all. I just pointed out that they weren't locked up just for being there, they were locked up because whatever they say they were part of it, if they weren't part of it they shouldn't have got out of their seats and marched down the carriage as BigBlue points out they were part of the intimidation. They were big enough to act the tw*t so they can be big enough to take the punishment.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:19 am

I agree with what you are saying but two of the younger ones did'nt get involved but were still locked up!And thats from the mouths of the ones who did get involved, so do see my point of view aswell? The ones who started and got involved got what they deserved! Im not sticking up for them but innocents get locked up aswell! Im staying be carefull because just being there,then you have to face the music when the shit hits the fan!!!!!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:58 pm

as has been pointed out
the class clown in the red t shirt
thought you may have given a more indepth view of that c%nt sam........
the judge said 17 times he'd been before the courts for the same type of offences
and from what im told there is another ten mins of footage-and thats from the dad of a son whos got 18 months and pleaded with his lad to go away with them that weekend as they knew who was going............

always listen to yu dad ;)

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:52 pm

sam salim wrote:I agree with what you are saying but two of the younger ones did'nt get involved but were still locked up!And thats from the mouths of the ones who did get involved, so do see my point of view aswell? The ones who started and got involved got what they deserved! Im not sticking up for them but innocents get locked up aswell! Im staying be carefull because just being there,then you have to face the music when the shit hits the fan!!!!!

all banged appeals in yesterday sam !!! :roll:
another waste of tax payers money on some of em !!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:14 pm

what did they get for this ?

there is only so much the courts can do but a group of lads kicking the shit into a small group of lads on a train ..if thats what happened is a serious criminal assault

lads at the football having a punch up is one thing..its always gon eon ..

but think of the fear of the lads who got battered and the innocent people on the train ..that could have been someones daughter or mothe ron that train just visiting friends

those sort of things can affect people for years and mess up their heads

Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Sludge wrote:what did they get for this ?

there is only so much the courts can do but a group of lads kicking the shit into a small group of lads on a train ..if thats what happened is a serious criminal assault

lads at the football having a punch up is one thing..its always gon eon ..

but think of the fear of the lads who got battered and the innocent people on the train ..that could have been someones daughter or mothe ron that train just visiting friends

those sort of things can affect people for years and mess up their heads

30yrs between the lot of em
ranging from 4yrs to 18months

some a bit steep -the young ens
some not long enough-the two w@nkers that got 4 each
the less said about those 2 the better

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:09 pm

if two sets of fans from say leeds and cardiff meet up away from the ground out of the way then it could be argued that its up to them ...mr leeds cant complain if he gets a broken jaw ..he would have dished out the same

but when people are battered on a train by a larger group ..if thats what went on ..thats bullying and not only can lead to people getting seriously injured ..but scares the living hell out of people just sitting there minding their own business

people say that we should have stiffer priosn sentences and society is going down hill

well..if my mate ..wether he was a cardiff fan or a lincoln fan or whoever was on a train and got set upon and leathered by a larger group I would want them behind the door

we cant say that sort of thing should be a slap on the wrists and say these lads should be treated as " lads "

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Ben wrote:love it, sends the blood going :ayatollah:

ben if that report is correct these tossers have battered a small group of lads

its out of order

Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:09 pm

Sludge!
One of these convicted is a complete bully in and out of prison all the time and has got what he deserved! another had done a long sentence for rape which none of even knew about till it came out when sentences were given! most of them got what they deserved! it was cowardness in my eyes! but some got jail what did not even get involved other than they were in the party that went on the train from the stag do!!!! They are the ones i feel sory for!!!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:42 pm

A shocking situation, the Owls fans who were throwing the punches and kicks etc, especially the guy in the red top thoroughly deserve what they got, as for the younger Owls fans who did not get involved but did get a sentence then i do honestly feel for these guys if thats the case. A truly cowardly attack and its the innocent bystanders who witness it all, kids included i also feel sorry for.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:17 pm

i remember getting arrested for a non football offence in 1999, and the officer warned me about this sort of thing.

you can get done just for being with someone when they commite an assault

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:20 pm

sam salim wrote:Sludge!
One of these convicted is a complete bully in and out of prison all the time and has got what he deserved! another had done a long sentence for rape which none of even knew about till it came out when sentences were given! most of them got what they deserved! it was cowardness in my eyes! but some got jail what did not even get involved other than they were in the party that went on the train from the stag do!!!! They are the ones i feel sory for!!!!!

I am no supporter of the old bill or the courts fitting people up

someone I know went down for the swansea game in 1987 ..police lied all the way

if any of these young lads were convicted of something they didnt do I hope they are eventually cleared

but the main ring leaders ?

tossers

Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:42 pm

I fully agree!!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:54 pm

Great Action from the paper i f*cking hate Leeds. :lol: