Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

If the Play off final was tomorrow. what would your team be?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 am

....................................................Marshall................................................................

Matthews................................Gypes.................Gerrard........................................McNaughton

..............................Blake................ Ledley..............Whittingham....................................

Burke......................................................................................................................

..........................................Chopra............Bothroyd.....................................................

Never happen of course, but We DO lack someone capable of breaking down the opposition midfield and stopping
them before they get started. So I'd throw Darcy in ahead of both Rae (who is ineffective) and McPhail who is too
hit and miss and does not work hard enough. Ledley, Whittingham and Burke behind the front two would give us
plenty of guile, plenty of attacking options, but with Joe and Darcy there, we'd also have fellers ready to bust a gut
to win the ball back

Re: If the Play off final was tomorrow. what would your team be?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:38 am

wouldnt you have a left winger?

......................................Marshall................................................

Quinn..............Gerrard............................Gyepes..................McNaughton

...........................Blake....................Ledley...................................

.....................................Whittingham............................................

Burke..................................................................................Chopra

......................................Bothroyd..................................................

Would like to see this :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am

No mate. I think it was a mistake playing Chopra and Ross so far wide against the jacks, it was
only once Chops started to drift in that he got close enough to jay for the knock-ons. With burke
wide, and Chops up front with Jay I think it gives us a lot of options, whilst making sure there's
no holes in midfield AND it will still leave Whittinghan scope to push and support. I wouldnt want
McPhail in the side. YES, he is a good passer of the ball, but he doesnt do enough for me when the
other team is in possession

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 am

you have got to have a left winger really. You cant leave a massive on the left. McNaughton will have way to much to do :lol:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:11 pm

Startin XI
Marshall
Matthews
Gerrard
Blake
Capaldi
Burke
Whittingham
Mcphail
Ledley
Chopra
Bothroyd

Bench
Enckleman
Mcormack
Magennis
Wildig
Kennedy
Gypes
Etuhu

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:21 pm

chippy909 wrote:you have got to have a left winger really. You cant leave a massive on the left. McNaughton will have way to much to do :lol:

In my diagram, Whitts should have been a bit further out left. But not playing too wide. Providing the team all
know that McCormack needs more support defensively then we'd cope ok. Dont forget, the other teams wide player
would have to come inside himself to pick up Whitts. When Whittingham pushes, Ledley will automatically know
there is a big hole behind him and push across.

f**k it, I'm going for jones job :lol:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:52 pm

..............................................Marshall........................................

Matthews.............. Blake........................Gyepes.............................Capaldi

Burke...................Ledley........................McPhail............................Whittingham

............................. Bothroyd............. McCormack.........................................

SUBS
Enckelman
McNaughton
Gerrard
Rae
Etuhu
Chopra
Magennis - Wallop ;)
Last edited by ihatealiens on Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Well, my team would depend on who we were playing.......

On the need a winger front, I watched Clydebank a few weeks back and it looked like bizarre formation with..............no left winger!!!

We had a back 4, a right mid, 2 centre mids and one playing off the front 1.

We won 2-1 :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:59 pm

This is who I think Jonesy will play if everyone is fit - he is a creature of habit and has his favourites :lol: :lol: :lol:

....................................Marshall........................................

McNaughton...................Hudson..............Gerrard......................Kennedy

Burke.........................Ledley................McPhail.....................Whittingham

..............................Chopra................Bothroyd...................................

Subs
Enkelman
Matthews
Gyepes
Rae
Etuhu
McCormack
Magennis

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:01 pm

To be fair, if everyone was fit and available, it would be some job to pick a team from the squad.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:46 pm

ihatealiens wrote:This is who I think Jonesy will play if everyone is fit - he is a creature of habit and has his favourites :lol: :lol: :lol:

....................................Marshall........................................

McNaughton...................Hudson..............Gerrard......................Kennedy

Burke.........................Ledley................McPhail.....................Whittingham

..............................Chopra................Bothroyd...................................

Subs
Enkelman
Matthews
Gyepes
Rae
Etuhu
McCormack
Magennis

Blake...................Gypes..............Gerrard......................McNaughton

This has got to be it !!!!! My only doubt is should Hudson play instead of Gerrard ??????

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:04 pm

Bluebina wrote:
ihatealiens wrote:This is who I think Jonesy will play if everyone is fit - he is a creature of habit and has his favourites :lol: :lol: :lol:

Subs
Enkelman
Matthews
Gyepes
Rae
Etuhu
McCormack
Magennis

Blake...................Gypes..............Gerrard......................McNaughton

This has got to be it !!!!! My only doubt is should Hudson play instead of Gerrard ??????

Good I take it you all agree then.........