Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Trust Report On Meeting With TG

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:39 pm

is on mikes board

sounds like its all slowly coming together but we are going to have to be realistic

and patient !

up the city !!!!

:ayatollah:

Re: Trust Report On Meeting With TG

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:42 pm

"He appreciated that the Trust was a democratically elected set up to speak on behalf of the fans" - wrong, set up to speak on behalf of members, not fans.

"Tim Hartley has made clear the support of the Trust as a 'critical friend' in the weeks ahead"

Critical friend? Seriously?

Wot next - trust newsletter, "It was us what won it"....

Even better...

"Another example is that until the Trust issued a press release, there were significant elements of the South Wales press that did not know he was returning to South Wales at Easter."

Well, it was "revealed" on this very message board first...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:49 pm

nerd wrote:"He appreciated that the Trust was a democratically elected set up to speak on behalf of the fans" - wrong, set up to speak on behalf of members, not fans

Aren't those members fans though?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm

PtB wrote:
nerd wrote:"He appreciated that the Trust was a democratically elected set up to speak on behalf of the fans" - wrong, set up to speak on behalf of members, not fans

Aren't those members fans though?

That's another debate all together :lol:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Maybe, Ptb, but the mandate of elected officials of the Trust is to represent members of the Trust. Nobody else. Claiming otherwise in a statement, ehhh....

Let's be honest.

Tien Ghee isn't an idiot, he's a very successful businessman. I'd doubt the Trust will have anywhere near the influence they'd like or claim to have.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:56 pm

Im a fan and a Forum member :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:58 pm

I know where you are coming from, but the first part is still technically correct :lol:

TG isn't daft either, but football is changing and fans will get more of a say in the future. He will(IMO) be looking to tie up with a supporters organisation when they get their feet under the table and if the Trust are making inroads and talking to him then it could be them.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:58 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Im a fan and a Forum member :lol: :ayatollah:

I can better that, I'm a class A cock :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:12 pm

its no surprise nerd that you have made digs at this meeting

we are both fairly bright chaps but I expect a little better

its the same sort of digs that people have made of the march , and scarves , and that people make of this messageboard...I see it from both sides

all a bit infantile really

you dont like the trust , you continually atack the trust , thats fine , but I posted this to make people aware that there was a meeting , I fail to see the point after we have come so far this season of supporters continually making digs at each other

I think an elected supporter group meeting with a potential new owner is a very postive step

of course they cant represent all the fans ..and certainly not you given your continual animosity

but its a start

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:14 pm

PtB wrote:I know where you are coming from, but the first part is still technically correct :lol:

TG isn't daft either, but football is changing and fans will get more of a say in the future. He will(IMO) be looking to tie up with a supporters organisation when they get their feet under the table and if the Trust are making inroads and talking to him then it could be them.

there are two elected supporter groups at this club

if they are not able to meet a potential new owner without being pulled to bits then we may as well all pack up and sit in the stands looking at the concrete floor

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:21 pm

The way I see it is that the Trust must be the only recognized supporters group for these matters , the role of the supporters club over the years is primarily to run the away travel for those who dont want to and cant travel with the likes of Dibs Tours and the Cynon Valley Bluebirds etc ................ ( RAMS of old ! ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:24 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:The way I see it is that the Trust must be the only recognized supporters group for these matters , the role of the supporters club over the years is primarily to run the away travel for those who dont want to and cant travel with the likes of Dibs Tours and the Cynon Valley Bluebirds etc ................ ( RAMS of old ! ) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I know what you are saying , but they are elected via their members and vince conducts himself well with the press and on the radio and hes a well respected fan and I think its important we have lots of different input

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:28 pm

yeah I know and Vince does a hell of a lot , its just that a previous poster mentioned 2 groups of supporters going forward but only 1 group to meet with TG ? ? Bound to get differences of opinions I guess but we want and need the majority all singing from the same hymn sheet dont we . :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 pm

nerd wrote:Maybe, Ptb, but the mandate of elected officials of the Trust is to represent members of the Trust. Nobody else. Claiming otherwise in a statement, ehhh....

Let's be honest.

Tien Ghee isn't an idiot, he's a very successful businessman. I'd doubt the Trust will have anywhere near the influence they'd like or claim to have.

Actually that's how I used to think it worked.

However, I found the Trust’s principals when looked into its back ground researching information for the Trust Board elections.

They are:

i) To enter into and maintain a regular and meaningful dialogue with the Club;
ii) To encourage the Club to take a proper account of its supporters and the community it serves in its decision-making process;
iii) To strengthen the bond between the Club, its supporters and the South Wales community, and to represent the interests of the supporters and the community in the running of the Club;
iv) To encourage and promote the principle of supporter representation on the Club’s board of directors;
v) To purchase and hold a significant shareholding in the Club;
vi) To develop links with the supporters of other football clubs in furtherance of the enjoyment of the game for fans of all ages;
vii) To promote a positive image of the Club and its supporters to the media, the local community and the general public, thereby reinforcing the Club’s identity and increasing its support.

From the above (especially principal number (ii)) the Trust has committed itself to speaking on behalf of all supporters and even the local community whether they are members or not.

That is a bit odd when you consider on several occasions certain Trust Board Members have insisted they can ‘only do what the membership wants’ when faced with requests from non-members, backing the protest march being the most obvious example.

IMO we need to know exactly how these principles are interrupted so it is more clear what the Trust stands for and what it can actually do?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Sludge wrote:is on mikes board

sounds like its all slowly coming together but we are going to have to be realistic

and patient !

up the city !!!!

Can someone post it at here I can't read the other board at the monment ????

Ta

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:35 pm

Bluebina wrote:

and patient !

up the city !!!!

Ta

http://www.ccfctrust.org/

Try that buddy

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm

well again tony this seems to be going down the road of nit picking

I fail to see the point

the trust can on financial decisions only act on behalf of its members

but with regard to wider issues then of course as a supporters group that has links with the media ..like the supporters club ..its going to be seen as having a wider remit

are you standing for election tony ?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

and patient !

up the city !!!!

Ta

http://www.ccfctrust.org/

Try that buddy

Nice one Pal, I can get on there.........

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:42 pm

I suppose the question to as then which should be the bigger group , Trust or Supporters Club ? ( No Harry Hill responses please :lol: ) . Vince , Corky and Gwyn have all been on TV and Radio representing supporters club / clubs and the vast majority of CCFC fans know who they are , however I dont know many of the Trust board / committee and never seen them talk on the media . Maybe the Trust needs more publicity for what they are doing and trying to achieve ? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:I suppose the question to as then which should be the bigger group , Trust or Supporters Club ? ( No Harry Hill responses please :lol: ) . Vince , Corky and Gwyn have all been on TV and Radio representing supporters club / clubs and the vast majority of CCFC fans know who they are , however I dont know many of the Trust board / committee and never seen them talk on the media . Maybe the Trust needs more publicity for what they are doing and trying to achieve ? :ayatollah:

certainly needs more publicity but its still early days for the organisation

I have seen a number of trust members talk to the media

keith morgan was on a dragons eye programme about peter ridsdale recently and phil nifield who does a lot of work with the media was on radio 5 live and radio wales when we were in court recently

corky has been on the radio representing the trust until recently

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:52 pm

Sludge wrote:well again tony this seems to be going down the road of nit picking

I fail to see the point

the trust can on financial decisions only act on behalf of its members

but with regard to wider issues then of course as a supporters group that has links with the media ..like the supporters club ..its going to be seen as having a wider remit

are you standing for election tony ?

Why is it nit picking? What I have raised is a legitimate question which you seem to have answered to some degree.

That said it has never been explained that the Trust only follows its membership’s wishes on financial matters but has a remit to speak on behalf of the wider community. That has only come to light because I asked the question, so making reference to me as ‘nit picking’ is frankly out of order and as unhelpful as it gets.

Frankly the Trust's message is confusing and that needs to be addressed and yes I am standing (I have submitted my nomination papers).

One of my main agendas is that the members (and non-members for that matter) should be encouraged to ask more questions rather than being discouraged by sniping remarks.

PS That’s my point in case you missed it again

Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:58 pm

I think its nit picking myself when we seem to have come through all this mess

this post was intended to inform people that there was a meeting , not as a opportunity for what I think at this time are minor concerns

thats my straight and honest opinion tony

as for you standing , if I think you will be good for the trust , then you will get my vote

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I think the point thats been raised here is that there was a meeting but until today then the vast majority of CCFC fans didnt know about it , so maybe the profile of the Trust needs to be raised ? :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:06 pm

Sludge wrote:I think its nit picking myself when we seem to have come through all this mess

this post was intended to inform people that there was a meeting , not as a opportunity for what I think at this time are minor concerns

as for you standing , if I think you will be good for the trust , then you will get my vote

Sludge this is a public message board where anyone can ask anything at anytime. I have taken that oppotunity to ask a very relevant question that is my honest opinion.

Personally if I was asked a question as a Trust Representative I would happily give a reply without the disparaging remark.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:I think the point thats been raised here is that there was a meeting but until today then the vast majority of CCFC fans didnt know about it , so maybe the profile of the Trust needs to be raised ? :ayatollah:

totally agree

but in some ways its catch 22

we need more members in order to spread the word that trusts are a good thing , whilst accpeting mistakes can be made and we need a boot up the arse

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Sludge wrote:I think its nit picking myself when we seem to have come through all this mess

Sludge this is a public message board where anyone can ask anything at anytime. I have taken that oppotunity to ask a very relevant question that is my honest opinion.

Personally if I was asked a question as a Trust Representative I would happily give a reply without the disparaging remark.

my honest opinion is given in the post above

I feel that this meeting was a good thing..and its the first time an elected suporters group has done this ... and your comments have not focused on the meeting but are about how the trust is run and its constitution etc

i feel myself that isnt really helpful

another day maybe ?

thats my view

regards

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:16 pm

yes and in my opinion the Trust does need a bit of a shake up and a revamp and hopefully with the up and coming Election then maybe its a good time for this to happen , and I dont been who lives at number 10 :lol: Plenty of issues to be addressed no doubt on how to raise the profile and increase membership numbers ................. and increase the number of Davies's on the board / committee :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Sludge wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:I think the point thats been raised here is that there was a meeting but until today then the vast majority of CCFC fans didnt know about it , so maybe the profile of the Trust needs to be raised ? :ayatollah:

totally agree

we need more members in order to spread the word that trusts are a good thing , whilst accpeting mistakes can be made and we need a boot up the arse

I think people are quite forgiving over mistakes provided those who make them stick their hands up and admit them. It is understandable that the Trust will make mistakes because it is still learning but it is how they react which holds the key.

For me increasing membership has to go hand in hand with a new pricing system. Even £12 is too much for an organisation which has yet to prove itself.

I think a flat rate £5 plus £1 for any additional family members would see a sigificant increase in numbers and renewals.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:yes and in my opinion the Trust does need a bit of a shake up and a revamp and hopefully with the up and coming Election then maybe its a good time for this to happen , and I dont been who lives at number 10 :lol: Plenty of issues to be addressed no doubt on how to raise the profile and increase membership numbers ................. and increase the number of Davies's on the board / committee :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

totally agree with you

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Sludge wrote:

totally agree

I think people are quite forgiving over mistakes provided those who make them stick their hands up and admit them. It is understandable that the Trust will make mistakes because it is still learning but it is how they react which holds the key.

For me increasing membership has to go hand in hand with a new pricing system. Even £12 is too much for an organisation which has yet to prove itself.

I think a flat rate £5 plus £1 for any additional family members would see a sigificant increase in numbers and renewals.

the trust membership fees were based on other trusts

the reason we had a sliding scale was to allow people to pay what they felt they could

I think £12 is perhaps too much also tony