Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Trust Report On Meeting With TG

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Sludge wrote:
my honest opinion is given in the post above

I feel that this meeting was a good thing..and its the first time an elected suporters group has done this ... and your comments have not focused on the meeting but are about how the trust is run and its constitution etc

i feel myself that isnt really helpful

another day maybe ?

thats my view

regards

Many threads go off on tangents you know that and indeed I have seen you do 1,000's of times in the past. I was supporting what nerd orginally brought up do the Trust speak on behalf of Trust members or the whole supporter base?

Surely it is reasonable to assert that fact if the Trust is holding meetings with potential new owners, otherwise how are we to judge if the meeting was a good thing or not?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Sludge wrote:
the trust membership fees were based on other trusts

the reason we had a sliding scale was to allow people to pay what they felt they could

I think £12 is perhaps too much also tony

Yes I realised that the Trust adopted the same templates as other Trust and I can't fault them for that. But I do believe the evidence is now mounting that £12 is prohibitive to new members.

I believe the Trust has something like £15,000 in the bank so raising revenues shouldn't be the main priority. It is now a numbers game and we will only get more numbers if the Trust is more affordable.

Obviously if more wealthy members can afford to pay extra then there should also be a mechanism to accommodate for that to.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:52 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sludge wrote:
my honest opinion is given in the post above

I feel that this meeting was a good thing..and its the first time an elected suporters group has done this ... and your comments have not focused on the meeting but are about how the trust is run and its constitution etc

i feel myself that isnt really helpful

another day maybe ?

thats my view

regards

Many threads go off on tangents you know that and indeed I have seen you do 1,000's of times in the past. I was supporting what nerd orginally brought up do the Trust speak on behalf of Trust members or the whole supporter base?

Surely it is reasonable to assert that fact if the Trust is holding meetings with potential new owners, otherwise how are we to judge if the meeting was a good thing or not?

well you know as well as I do ..and you will find this out if you are elected ..that unless the trust or indeed supporters club have each and every one of our fans on their books ..then the critisisms of who they speak for ..are always going to be around

if we have 18000 regualr fans , there will still be people saying the same thing if we have 14000 trust members

and it hasnt surprised me in this thread either that the same arguements have been brought up

for me ..we have looked dead in the water this season ..at various times both on and off the pitch

we have seen daft squabbling between fans and fall outs and it seems its always going to continue

even after we have picked up and the future of the club seems like it MAY be brighter

still this continues to go on and on

my opinion is that its pointless at this stage

we have a trust , you are standing for election

if you get elected then what response are you going to give if people say you dont have a mandate to speak on behalf of them as they didnt vote for you or that your comments in the press about a certain issue hold no water because you only reprsent 14000 fans instead of 18000 ?

its pointless and isnt getting us anywhere tony

with respect , thats my view on the matter

Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:56 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Sludge wrote:
the trust membership fees were based on other trusts

the reason we had a sliding scale was to allow people to pay what they felt they could

I think £12 is perhaps too much also tony

Yes I realised that the Trust adopted the same templates as other Trust and I can't fault them for that. But I do believe the evidence is now mounting that £12 is prohibitive to new members.

I believe the Trust has something like £15,000 in the bank so raising revenues shouldn't be the main priority. It is now a numbers game and we will only get more numbers if the Trust is more affordable.

Obviously if more wealthy members can afford to pay extra then there should also be a mechanism to accommodate for that to.

I agree

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:00 pm

Did the trust ask TG about the situation regarding Vincent Tan as this gentlemans commitment to the investment is so important.

Why no mention??

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:05 pm

ridofrid wrote:Did the trust ask TG about the situation regarding Vincent Tan as this gentlemans commitment to the investment is so important.

Why no mention??

the details of the meeting that are on that report are, I assume , the details that TG and the trust agreed to make public

I would assume TG is a very astute chap and I doubt very much that hes going to make comments or agree to a supporters group making comments on matters that are subject to nothing more than rumour at this point

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 pm

Surely a polite question to ascertain if he was part of the investment team would not have offended him.

I have dealt commercially with Malaysians and have found them to be very meticulous but also very open and they do always appreciate the truth, hence the statement from him that he was having problems with the negotiations prior to December.

I still think the question regarding the position of VT was one that should have been asked, after all they serve on the boards of joint companies!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:20 pm

Sludge, my post was based upon comments made by the Trust.

The implication given by the Trust is that the Trust speak for fans... a pedantic misrepresentation.

The point about the media also gives the implication that the Trust knew Tien Ghee was going to be here over Easter - intimating the Trust were solely responsible - well, give credit, that was stated here prior to the Trust issuing a press release.

What is that "critical friend" remark meant to mean, by the way, Sludge?

Buddying up? Let's be real here, Sludge and face reality. Tien Ghee et al are sharp businessmen. Plans they have for the club I've no doubt will be made to ensure a profit, which means running the club well as a business. If people within the Trust somehow seem to believe they've some magic power to influence Tien Ghee... well, wake up...

EDIT:

Was there any feedback from Tien Ghee as to how well the Trust's digs at PMG were received, by the way?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Sludge,

The investment from Malaysia up till now is a fact not as you say rumour.

You also state that that you assume that the information released was agreed between the chosen few at the trust and TG.
Thats my problem with the trust. It cannot say that it acts on behalf of the supporters if it chooses what information is released and what remains private to the few at the top of the trust.

I can assure you that TG would not give any information to the trust that they wanted to keep private, its the way they work, so why would you assume that the hirearchy at the trust would keep information to themselves

VERY WORRYING!!!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:41 pm

nerd wrote:Sludge, my post was based upon comments made by the Trust.

The implication given by the Trust is that the Trust speak for fans... a pedantic misrepresentation.

The point about the media also gives the implication that the Trust knew Tien Ghee was going to be here over Easter - intimating the Trust were solely responsible - well, give credit, that was stated here prior to the Trust issuing a press release.

What is that "critical friend" remark meant to mean, by the way, Sludge?

Buddying up? Let's be real here, Sludge and face reality. Tien Ghee et al are sharp businessmen. Plans they have for the club I've no doubt will be made to ensure a profit, which means running the club well as a business. If people within the Trust somehow seem to believe they've some magic power to influence Tien Ghee... well, wake up...

EDIT:

Was there any feedback from Tien Ghee as to how well the Trust's digs at PMG were received, by the way?

I dont know where you got the idea that the trust think they have some magical power ?

I find that a bizarre remark

the trust were certainly responsible for setting up the meeting with TG ..and I think it appears they had a constructive chat

I really dont care who said he was coming back for the swansea game or when it was made public

its irrelevant

and the critisism that they dont speak for the fans will always be there unless we make trust membership a condition of being a city fan

vince alm used to get the same sort of flak

as for the critical friend remark I can only assume it means that its wise not to do what we did last time ..all run around and anyone who questioned samm hammans spending was given the cold shoulder

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:51 pm

ridofrid wrote:Sludge,

The investment from Malaysia up till now is a fact not as you say rumour.

You also state that that you assume that the information released was agreed between the chosen few at the trust and TG.
Thats my problem with the trust. It cannot say that it acts on behalf of the supporters if it chooses what information is released and what remains private to the few at the top of the trust.

I can assure you that TG would not give any information to the trust that they wanted to keep private, its the way they work, so why would you assume that the hirearchy at the trust would keep information to themselves

VERY WORRYING!!!

I think you are looking for fish that are not there and worrying about things that are not happening and very craftily making scenarios that I dont think exist

I have no idea wether TG or VT is the main player here , I hope we all get to find out in the long term ..you asked the question I gave my innocent view

lets not make things all mission imposible and kim philby

as far as I am aware it is TG who has been reported in the press as the investor

you say different , well thats not my concern at this point

again I was not at the meeting , I can only think that the people who were at the meeting ..(who were not the chosen few .your words...thats what we had in the old days under sam..the inner circle ).....these people are elected ..and as you asked a question about VT then I think its fair to say that as it doesnt seem to have been brought up in the meeting ..

then either it wasnt discussed ...most likely

or it was ..and its simply not been reported ..highly unlikely ..or it was talked about and TG didnt want it talked about in the press release ....highly highly highly unlikely x 50

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:00 pm

It was you that stated that you assumed that what was released was agreed by the trust and TG.
It is the fact that you even thought the trust would withold information that is the worry.

And i am glad that you now believe the Malaysian investment so far is NOT a rumour.

NO Kim Philby here Sludge and to think all I asked was did the trust ask one question!!!

Talk about defensive

I

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:01 pm

Is there a purpose behind some of these comments?

The Trust has done it's job and had a brief meeting with the potential new owner of our club - and then reported back to all it's members, as well as other fans through CCMB. Sludge then added a link to the meeting to this MB.

I presume this is just the usual anti-CCST comments from this board.

Have you consulted your leader before posting?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:01 pm

ridofrid wrote:Surely a polite question to ascertain if he was part of the investment team would not have offended him.

I have dealt commercially with Malaysians and have found them to be very meticulous but also very open and they do always appreciate the truth, hence the statement from him that he was having problems with the negotiations prior to December.

I still think the question regarding the position of VT was one that should have been asked, after all they serve on the boards of joint companies!!

well

this is how I see it

the trust elections are coming up

stand , get voted on and you can possibly attend such meetings for yourself

and then ask away

I fail to see the point of the trusts actions getting scruntinised at every turn like they are spending millions of the clubs money or have some hidden agenda

you think the trust who set up this meeting should have asked questions about VT

I have no idea wether they did or what was said as yet , all I have to go on is the statement the trust has made about the meeting

if you think they have failed if they possibly didnt ..then its up to you or people you think might better reprsent you to do something about it

over and out

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Let's be honest, if it wasn't a question about VT then he'd have a criticism about a different unasked question.

As Sludge says, if you don't like the workings of CCST then get on board and change it!!

Much better to have a true fans organisation, complete with rules and regulations, than the previous "inner circle."

Or perhaps that's where the angst comes from?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:10 pm

I speak for myself and dont require permission off anyone thank you.

The fact that Sludge even thought that elected members MIGHT have witheld information from supporters is worrying enough for me.

I have been contemplating joining the trust, but if the elected members could block the flow of information whats the point if its going to be a private gentlemans club.

So thanks for the personal digs Claude, and I repeat I dont require permission to do or say anything, but if the Trust want to encourage new members then they will have to convince me and others that it is now run for the benefit of a chosen few

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:12 pm

ridofrid wrote:It was you that stated that you assumed that what was released was agreed by the trust and TG.
It is the fact that you even thought the trust would withold information that is the worry.

And i am glad that you now believe the Malaysian investment so far is NOT a rumour.

NO Kim Philby here Sludge and to think all I asked was did the trust ask one question!!!

Talk about defensive

I

this is cabbage

its an innocent remark ..you asked why VT wasnt discussed ..I have no idea ..I think its perfectly fair to think that the trust and TG would agree on a press statement !!

thats how things are done in many cases today ..isnt it ?

again I am a straight down the line fella and dont like wasting my time with this sort of thing

the malaysian investment has been in the press for a long time ...I have not denied it

you are saying its VT ..well the meeting was with TG

I dont really care who it is

as for your comment that I think the trust would withold information is absurd ..its just silly little rumour spreading ...I would think that an important chap like TG isnt like sam hamman of old and wants things kept official ..and by the book

so ..after a meeting with the trust I would assume hes agreed to the trust talking about the meeting via a press release which they both probably drew up

possibly ?

who knows ?

nothing more than that

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:17 pm

ridofrid wrote:I speak for myself and dont require permission off anyone thank you.

The fact that Sludge even thought that elected members MIGHT have witheld information from supporters is worrying enough for me.

I have been contemplating joining the trust, but if the elected members could block the flow of information whats the point if its going to be a private gentlemans club.

So thanks for the personal digs Claude, and I repeat I dont require permission to do or say anything, but if the Trust want to encourage new members then they will have to convince me and others that it is now run for the benefit of a chosen few

:D

christ this is pathetic

stop being so silly

I am just a fan , a member of the trust

thats all

you asked why VT wasnt discussed

I said maybe they did talk about it but TG didnt want it made public ?..highly unlikely ..probbaly didnt talk about it at all !!!

now its a fecking conspiracy according to you ..even though I have no bloody idea what happened ..and the trust are BLOCKING INFORMATION .....get a grip man , you aint fooling

this is like being in school

stop these silly games , its pathetic

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Sludge has stated that he wasn't at the meeting, so howwould he know if other matters were discussed and not disclosed?

You put forward that scenario. Sludge responded that he thought it "highly unlikely." In the circumstances, what else could he say? He wasn't there!!!!

You then assume that the Trust must have witheld some information. Your dislike of CCST is very evident - is it because they didn't support your leaders march, or back the selling of "Harry Potter" scarves?

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:21 pm

CABBAGE FELLA

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:25 pm

Claude Blue wrote:Sludge has stated that he wasn't at the meeting, so howwould he know if other matters were discussed and not disclosed?

You put forward that scenario. Sludge responded that he thought it "highly unlikely." In the circumstances, what else could he say? He wasn't there!!!!

You then assume that the Trust must have witheld some information. Your dislike of CCST is very evident - is it because they didn't support your leaders march, or back the selling of "Harry Potter" scarves?

Ironic really, you believe people posting here to have a Hivemind yet don't seem to grasp the same could be said of you and others.

Did anybody find out who was behind the pathetic PMG statement issued by the Trust?

As if it's not difficult to guess.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:28 pm

ridofrid wrote:CABBAGE FELLA

I assume we are both straight talking adults ?

lets not have endless silly scenarios fought out over something that you dont even seem interested in being a part of ?

I am 43 , I am too old for pissing about

now if you want to tell me pink floyd are better than black sabbath , we might have something to crosss swords over

are they bollocks

but this is all nonsense frankly

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:31 pm

Sludge wrote:now if you want to tell me pink floyd are better than black sabbath , we might have something to crosss swords over

Used to respect you until you posted that garbage, Sludgey...

Sabbath were overrated, the Dio era was way better than the Ozzy one...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:31 pm

nerd wrote:
Claude Blue wrote:Sludge has stated that he wasn't at the meeting, so howwould he know if other matters were discussed and not disclosed?

Ironic really, you believe people posting here to have a Hivemind yet don't seem to grasp the same could be said of you and others.

Did anybody find out who was behind the pathetic PMG statement issued by the Trust?

nerd, this is all cabbage , its pathetic

loads of people in the trust ..of which I assume you are not a member ..thought the press release was spot on

you , who are not , thought it was pathetic

me , who is....would maybe have worded it different

but hey ho , thats the way it is

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:34 pm

nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:now if you want to tell me pink floyd are better than black sabbath , we might have something to crosss swords over

Used to respect you until you posted that garbage, Sludgey...

Sabbath were overrated, the Dio era was way better than the Ozzy one...

you can wabble on about the trust as much as you like but dont ever slag off the original sabbath line up

dio was a lung busting talent but if it wasnt for vivien campbell on guitar during his solo albums he would have sank like the swansea cork ferry

although I do like the sabbath mob rules album he worked on

you know this to be the way and the truth nerd

:ayatollah:

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:36 pm

Sludge wrote:
nerd wrote:

nerd, this is all cabbage , its pathetic

loads of people in the trust ..of which I assume you are not a member ..thought the press release was spot on

you , who are not , thought it was pathetic

me , who is....would maybe have worded it different

but hey ho , thats the way it is

Oh please, Sludge. That press statement shot themselves in the foot entirely, wrong tactic, wrong target based upon the information the Trust had received.

As if it wasn't difficult to guess where that info had come from either...

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Claude what the hell are you on about

Look at my original post where I asked one simple question and he took it onto himself to react the way he did.
He stated that this was the information that the trust agreed to be released.

Then accuses me of asking KIM PHILBYesque questions. Hope this is not the standard of your representatives meeting with investors.

Look at the the thread between me and Sludge Claude.

I have never posted anything critical of the trust so there is no history from my point of view Claude. Then you and Sludge bring up things like me having to ask permission and scarves and marches.

Why are you both so defensive, these are not methods that are going to encourage genuine supporters to join the trust.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Sludge wrote:you can wabble on about the trust as much as you like but dont ever slag off the original sabbath line up

dio was a lung busting talent but if it wasnt for vivien campbell on guitar during his solo albums he would have sank like the swansea cork ferry

Original Sabbath released one good album - the debut one - rest came across as meh. Ozzy was entirely up his own arse - Iommi was the talent in the band. You know it.

Dio has always been GAWD regardless of the guitarists.

You know it, you believe it, you just won't say it for the sake of being contrary.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:49 pm

ridofrid wrote:Claude what the hell are you on about

Look at my original post where I asked one simple question and he took it onto himself to react the way he did.
He stated that this was the information that the trust agreed to be released.

Then accuses me of asking KIM PHILBYesque questions. Hope this is not the standard of your representatives meeting with investors.

Look at the the thread between me and Sludge Claude.

I have never posted anything critical of the trust so there is no history from my point of view Claude. Then you and Sludge bring up things like me having to ask permission and scarves and marches.

Why are you both so defensive, these are not methods that are going to encourage genuine supporters to join the trust.

again

pull the other one

lets be adults and not play games

you took an innocent comment that a meeting between the trust and a potential investor would possibly mean that any statements made to the press would be agreed ...a possible scenario ..and nothing more than that really ..and you have turned it into a possible situation of the trust witholding info ......ridiculous

and as for having to get permission off annis I and annis disagree on many things but I dont get involved in any of that as I have continually said that the march was a good thing ..and which I supported

he will back me up on that I can assure you

you are developing a habit of saying things that are incorrect

you must think I came down in the last shower of rain

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:52 pm

nerd wrote:
Sludge wrote:you can wabble on about the trust as much as you like but dont ever slag off the original sabbath line up

Original Sabbath released one good album - the debut one - rest came across as meh. Ozzy was entirely up his own arse - Iommi was the talent in the band. You know it.

Dio has always been GAWD regardless of the guitarists.

You know it, you believe it, you just won't say it for the sake of being contrary.

if you think volume 4 and the greats such as symptom of the universe are not essential in any metal collection then you are clearly off your cake

as a failed bassist geezer butler and bill ward had the best bottom end sound in the history of heavy rock