Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF WE END UP WITH JACKS IN PLAY-OFF FINAL ....

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:02 pm

(i know its a long way of)
its a big IF but......

how will it be policed, it cant be played at the millenuim stadium......

the m4 would be like an episode of wacky races...

on a serious note what could the police actually do if that scenerio happend? (i hope it does)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IF WE END UP WITH JACKS IN PLAY-OFF FINAL ....

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:04 pm

Coaches only - seperate services! :?

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Merlin wrote:Coaches only - seperate services! :?

would be a great sight to see 25,000 tootling up the m4 in coaches...bagzee a window seat :lol:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:08 pm

It's going to be interesting. How could you stop both sets of fans from going to the same services to 'say hello'? How could you insist on coach only journeys? Are there enough coaches in South Wales to take 80,000 fans to London and would the operators want to do so anyway?

Got to get there first though

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Maybe they'd move it to the Millenium Stadium? Or is that unimaginable?

I just can't see them policing it easily unless they bubble trip (by this I mean each coach surrounded by police) the Jacks first, then when they're at X point start bubble tripping us lot?

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:It's going to be interesting. How could you stop both sets of fans from going to the same services to 'say hello'? How could you insist on coach only journeys? Are there enough coaches in South Wales to take 80,000 fans to London and would the operators want to do so anyway?

i did say big IF..... :)
like fook would i give my coach out that day!!!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:12 pm

Dafydd wrote:Maybe they'd move it to the Millenium Stadium? Or is that unimaginable?

I just can't see them policing it easily unless they bubble trip (by this I mean each coach surrounded by police) the Jacks first, then when they're at X point start bubble tripping us lot?

apperently the millenuim is a non starter as wembley have all the rights! stupid as it is!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:14 pm

milly44 wrote:
Dafydd wrote:Maybe they'd move it to the Millenium Stadium? Or is that unimaginable?

apperently the millenuim is a non starter as wembley have all the rights! stupid as it is!

That's bollocks!!

There wouldn't be FA Cup Finals and Play-off finals if it wasn't for the Millenium!!

f**k WEMBLEY

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:14 pm

No chance. Not when Wembley has that enormous debt to pay off. The League and FA don't give a f**k about a few Welsh lads fighting each other as long as it doesn't happen in the ground

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:17 pm

I think police advice will swap the game to Millenium, Imagine the chaos otherwise even the trains we'd buy tickets and when the train arrives at Central they will be of Jacks !!!! BTP will have a buy day lol

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:18 pm

milly44 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:It's going to be interesting. How could you stop both sets of fans from going to the same services to 'say hello'? How could you insist on coach only journeys? Are there enough coaches in South Wales to take 80,000 fans to London and would the operators want to do so anyway?

Yeah, can you imagine approaching a coach company:
"Hi, can we borrow, say, 100 of your coaches for a day?"
"What day"
"May bank holiday"
"Why? Not the play off final is it"
"Errrr... no. Scouts and brownies day out"

i heard somewere if we did meet, the jacks would be made to travel west midlands, east midlands and down from there

and we go straight up the m4

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I think police advice will swap the game to Millenium, Imagine the chaos otherwise even the trains we'd buy tickets and when the train arrives at Central they will be of Jacks !!!! BTP will have a buy day lol

At least we won't have to worry about Tank and Co. :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:23 pm

murphy wrote:i heard somewere if we did meet, the jacks would be made to travel west midlands, east midlands and down from there

and we go straight up the m4

That's Tank's route anyway. He calls that a shortcut :lol:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:43 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote:

"What day"
"May bank holiday"
"Errrr... no. Scouts and brownies day out"

No coach company in south wales is going to have 100 coaches available on May bank holiday. Because they will all have been wrecked at the City v Jacks play off final the week before!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:51 pm

They would have to get the army in to patrol the M4 and the streets of London :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:15 pm

Denzil wrote:They would have to get the army in to patrol the M4 and the streets of London :lol: :lol: :lol:

:D :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:16 pm

it does not bear thinking about :D

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:56 pm

they would prob put on seprate trains for us and arrive at different stations in london but im not sure how they would police it once we are all in london.... :lol:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:53 pm

It would be a massive nightmare for the police and the FA but my guess is that they'd bubble us up to Wembley, at say 10 o'clock and the Jacks would be bubbled and leave an hour later. When we get there they'd make us go straight into Wembley. Then The Jacks would arrive an hour and a half later.

I've got a feeling that we will never be allowed to meet in the final though. It would be too much of a cost for The FA(i'm assuming they'd have to pay the Police costs because it's the Play-Off Final). Maybe a few refereeing decisions will go against one of the sides if we are due to meet. It's a cynical view i know, but can you imagine how many coppers they'd need that day. There's a stupid number when they want to get 2000 of their fans to our ground, so imagine how many they'd need to get 70,000 from South Wales to Wembley.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:58 pm

It will be fine, we would pull up at Wembley Swansea finest would leg it out of their coaches towards us, then just as they were about to reach us, they would wake up and realise it's just a dream and start crying because Blackpool took the Barcelona of the Championships place in the semis. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:08 pm

cant see me making it past neath train station ;)

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Got to get there first though[/quote]
like fook would i give my coach out that day!!![/quote]
"What day"
"May bank holiday"
"Errrr... no. Scouts and brownies day out"[/quote]

Play off final for the Championship is saturday May 22nd - not the Bank Holiday weekend. All due to international call ups for the World Cup!

Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:42 pm

Everyone is talking as if there'd be 80,000 fans fighting at every service station, street corner and around Wembley.

Myself and another 78,499 know what the day is about and will know how to behave. Let the police sort out the other 1,500 they are not difficult to spot with their inability to speak and forward sloping foreheads.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:09 am

n1ckj4y wrote:]
Play off final for the Championship is saturday May 22nd - not the Bank Holiday weekend. All due to international call ups for the World Cup!

I refer you to my post above where I already pointed this out!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:28 am

impossible to keep that amount of fans apart at wembley, they'll both be useing the same tube stations both sets of fans walking up wembley way not a chance of keeping control, i really hope it doesn't happen the repercussions for both clubs if there was chaos would be huge.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:44 am

was told that half of the stadium area outside would likley to have fencing for a good mile either side, all coached and arranged travel going to one half/side of the stadium, and the other the other half, no trains will be on in the area of wembley and police presence on the motor ways laybys etc pubs close by could be shut or not allowed to accpet football fans

apprently, a meeting has allready taken place , just to discuss "what iff"

Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:51 am

Ben wrote:was told that half of the stadium area outside would likley to have fencing for a good mile either side, all coached and arranged travel going to one half/side of the stadium, and the other the other half, no trains will be on in the area of wembley and police presence on the motor ways laybys etc pubs close by could be shut or not allowed to accpet football fans

apprently, a meeting has allready taken place , just to discuss "what iff"

What a sad state of affairs, some people need to get a life or a labotomy, oh sorry, they've already had one.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:01 am

Anyone reckon they will just police it like any other final? but with extra police on trains at service stations etc...

I just cant see them caring that much to be honest, there will be a bit more planning than usual but not much difference.

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:49 am

n1ckj4y wrote:Got to get there first though

like fook would i give my coach out that day!!![/quote]
"What day"
"May bank holiday"
"Errrr... no. Scouts and brownies day out"[/quote]

Play off final for the Championship is saturday May 22nd - not the Bank Holiday weekend. All due to international call ups for the World Cup![/quote]
Must admit I was thinking about previous years. My error, sorry