Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Grand National Winner!!

Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:08 pm

My Story:

Last year, after scouring the internet, papers, and TV Programs, I posted my tip on Facebook.... which read- : Fancies a little wager on Mon Mome (or however it was spelt!) at 100-1 i'll have a cheekly little 10er on him!

I've always been quite lucky (or good? :lol: ) at picking placed horses at the national!

My mother rang me about 1 hour before the race, to take the dogs for a long walk down the river/fields, anyway to cut a long story short. I forgot the national was on, and forgot to put my bet on also! Being occupied bathing the dog and all that! anyway, i turn the TV on disgust to find i should be sitting in my living room with a Wod of cash totalling £1010. To my utmost despair - i sign into facebook - to view about 15 comments on my status - thanking me for the tip and people telling me how elated they are at the substantial amount of cash they'd won on ONE horse, thanking me graciously for sharing my tip, and congratulating me on my BIG WIN!!

never mind. Maybe justice will be done for my good deed last year, and i can pick the winner again!