Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I don't get it!

Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:11 pm

This Malasian thing. If you won 100m on the lottery and decided you wanted to buy CCFC how would you do it?
You could either wade in now with lets say 5m to rid the leaches plus 40m to take on the existing debts. Okay you could do some negotiating to reduce that 45m buying price but there's some work to be done there.

On the other hand you could just let the club go in to admin and then pick up the whole lot for about 5m debt free. Even if PMG rape the squad for their money back (because they've got first dibs on the players value) you can still do deals there which would see them off for another 5m. So you'd get the club debt free for lets say 10m, that would leave 35m out of what you would have spent if you bought the club now. With that 35m you could take Dave Jones out shopping, we'd have a great summer of new players arriving and an even greater next season. Obviously these are very rough figures but the idea is the same.

Now I thought to myself that's what the Malaysian's were doing, waiting for the club to go into admin so they could buy a fresh start. But then they throw some money in which is keeping the club alive. But they still don't buy? Now you are either buying or you are not, simple really. So what the hell are they up to? If you are buying the club before admin then just get on and do it. I can understand time spent to do deals etc but it's been months now.

I read that post about them "waiting to see what they are buying" but I don't buy that. He said he's got someone on the inside but I reckon everyone in the club are just as much in the dark. Unless he's got someone on the inside of the Malaysians that is?

It's like there's a stand off but why should that be? They are the one's holding all the cards, surely.

Which ever way I think about the situation it just doesn't sit right. The only logic that does sit right is if they are protecting existing investments. But you are not going to protect a few hundred thou with more few hundred thous are you? Unless of course they've been in the game all along with massive investments to protect. Investments that are unsecured and likely to be lost if the club went in to admin. The biggest losers of admin would be Langston, yet throughout all this crap that's been going on we've not heard a peep from these people who stand to lose tens of millions.
If it were the case that the Malaysians were the major hedge fund investors in the Langston deal then that would answer a few things.

How mad is this post?