Well done Mr. Riddler

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Well done Mr. Riddler

Postby The Rhooster » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:28 am

Personally think he and the Board have been very shrewd with their business dealings and have got a superb end result with a new investor onboard and hopefully Langstone out of the picture very very soon.

The winding up petition is of no concern as I imagine the Ground and the majority of assests are owned by the holdings company not Cardiff City F.C. Limited.Besides which the petition was submitted in error.

Personally think we have a board of Businessmen who have not got to the levels they are at without having a sound knowledge of business.

No doubts money is owed by the club but with so many of the current board owed personally by the club I can't see it going anywhere.

Ok the Riddler says what the fans want to hear at times and who wouldnt for an easy life? I think he's been burnt too many times in past and has a reputation badly tarnished by Leeds and Barnsley to let this club go to the dogs too.
The Rhooster

Well done Mr. Riddler

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Well done Mr. Riddler

Postby BigGwynram » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:39 am

SHREWD
BigGwynram

Postby the blue path » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:54 am

i hope you're right these are worrying times i want to believe ridsdale because i want our club to prosper hopefully with the first malaysian on board things will work out, there are a lot of clubs in difficulty at the moment but at least with the malaysians we have something to look forward too.
keep cardiff blue
the blue path

Postby Ben » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:03 pm

if you had all this mess but knew you were gonna sort your bank balance out and sort your life out with it, im sure you'd do a good job to get everything in place etc! , next phase for the riddler....get somone to talk the club off his hands

he's rapping this club
My Opinion!
Ben

Postby steve davies » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:50 pm

Humphry's wrote:Personally think he and the Board have been very shrewd with their business dealings and have got a superb end result with a new investor onboard and hopefully Langstone out of the picture very very soon.

The winding up petition is of no concern as I imagine the Ground and the majority of assests are owned by the holdings company not Cardiff City F.C. Limited.Besides which the petition was submitted in error.

Personally think we have a board of Businessmen who have not got to the levels they are at without having a sound knowledge of business.

No doubts money is owed by the club but with so many of the current board owed personally by the club I can't see it going anywhere.

Ok the Riddler says what the fans want to hear at times and who wouldnt for an easy life? I think he's been burnt too many times in past and has a reputation badly tarnished by Leeds and Barnsley to let this club go to the dogs too.

Paul

there's only one person owed money on the board as far as i can see
why would the club owe money to the riddler i mean the guy never even paid for the share's he's got now.
I would argue the point that the board are running the club my personal opinion is that pr runs the club in the same fashion as sam did.
did you really think fowler jfh sinclair and eddie were shrewd investments by the club.
At the time the club shop was owned by joma so we made naff all off the shirt sales of the so called superstars.
There is a difference between telling the fans what they want to hear and trying to sell a platinum ambassadors scheme based on him rewarding your loyalty as a fan when in fact it was a panic stricken attempt to get money in.
Christ i could go on for hours
steve davies

Postby The Rhooster » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:01 pm

steve davies wrote:
Humphry's wrote:Personally think he and the Board have been very shrewd with their business dealings and have got a superb end result with a new investor onboard and hopefully Langstone out of the picture very very soon.

Paul

there's only one person owed money on the board as far as i can see
why would the club owe money to the riddler i mean the guy never even paid for the share's he's got now.
I would argue the point that the board are running the club my personal opinion is that pr runs the club in the same fashion as sam did.
did you really think fowler jfh sinclair and eddie were shrewd investments by the club.
At the time the club shop was owned by joma so we made naff all off the shirt sales of the so called superstars.
There is a difference between telling the fans what they want to hear and trying to sell a platinum ambassadors scheme based on him rewarding your loyalty as a fan when in fact it was a panic stricken attempt to get money in.
Christ i could go on for hours

shhhhh dont tell anyone my first name :lol:

Fowler could have been a good investment I put that whole episode down to bad luck, JFH was poor business , sinclair and Eddie I put the blame at Dave Jones door he's the manager he tells them what players he want's.

Ref Joma, the club at that time probably didnt have the funds to run a clubshop so would have made sense to offload that side if the business.
The Rhooster

Postby Joff » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:27 pm

I agree with regards to the Fowler bit. Eveyone was very happy when he signed. Whats more I think we sold over 40,000 (yep 40,000) replica shirts that season.
I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend with my life your right to say it," Voltaire,
Joff

Postby steve davies » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:37 am

Joff
we might well have sold all those shirts but the fact was most of the money went to joma as they owned and ran the club shop.
at those figures if we made £2 a shirt it would have only paid the 3 hasbeens wages for a maximum of two weeks.
steve davies

Postby The Rhooster » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:12 pm

steve davies wrote:Joff
we might well have sold all those shirts but the fact was most of the money went to joma as they owned and ran the club shop.
at those figures if we made £2 a shirt it would have only paid the 3 hasbeens wages for a maximum of two weeks.

Steve whos the guy next to you inthe all blacks shirt??
The Rhooster

Postby steve davies » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:07 pm

why

thats my sister of course just after the chemo.
she reckons she's had you :mrgreen:
steve davies

Postby The Rhooster » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm

steve davies wrote:why

thats my sister of course just after the chemo.
she reckons she's had you :mrgreen:

twice :lol:
The Rhooster

Return to General Chat