Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHATS THE MOST FRIGHTENING/INTIMIDATING GROUND

Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:01 pm

i remember the copper who had a huge baton, beating at the scots as they had us cornered at the back of the kop towards the shelf which was there in those days.
the copper left at half time.......
and so did i!
only time i have ever left a game early.
we arrived at the ground courtesy of adar glas, the first end we went to was full of scots, thought it must be the other end.
when we drove around the ground, there were even more scots!
if memory serves me right, all the north walians sold their tickets to the scots.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:28 pm

For me, the 3 that stick out would be west ham away on easter monday 78? 1-1, nervous on bus going up, shit myself all game, they were in with us, dont think anybody said a word till we got back on bus. Millwall away 78, lost 2-0, went on train by myself,seen 2 boys from neath i knew outside ground, went in wrong end of ground with them and just walked round to were the 200 or so city fans were penned in, didint fancy train home, so came back on adar glas bus. And the last 1 would be millwall again on that sunny sunday afternoon 4-0, 4 of us from llantwit went up sat night on train, still didint get there till half time!!!, walking round ground got chased by a mob of them who were leaving due to city being 2-0 up, old bill saved us just in time, on bus again to come home again, dont think any bus had a window left on trip back. Still have a good laugh thinking back on those trips

Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:09 pm

moz-dublin wrote:i was at a book reading in hay-on-wye,early 90`s,bill oddie had just sped thru 4 quick chapters,we were all a bit light headed and euphoric when we heard there were ray mears fans coming down the high street,we went out to meet them but obviously rays mob were well tooled up so we were on our toes.
as we ran through tescos car park i was mightily releaved to see between 50-75 young conservatives on their way to an eagles gig,as i knew a few of them from my time as a mormon,they let us jump on their bus and escape,they then dropped us off in gloucester for an immense flute recital,bonkers it was

it was all pat sharps fault

Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:29 pm

Sludge wrote:lincoln city in the car park in the early eighties was rough as f**k

serious now

Our minibus felt the pinch in that very car park. Ouch!!

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 pm

moz-dublin wrote:dublin,point depot,2005,ronan keating gig,loads of keith duffys mob outside,just after the split when the world wasnt sure whether boyzone would reform,shane lynch and mikey graham teamed up but were held at the station til the end of the gig,when ronans mob came out of the gig,keiths firm waited til they were well away from the pigs before striking,absolute bloodbath,18 helicopters,4 tanks,a submarine and a stealth bomber .nasty.

Sorry what?

Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 pm

IN THE 70S EVERYWHERE WAS DANGEROUS .BRUM VILLA POMPEY .EVEN TEAMS LIKE LUTON .BUT MY VOTE GOES TO LEEDS FA CUP74 75 .THOUSAND S OF CARDIFF THERE .OK MOST OF THE DAY CITY MORE THEN HELD THEIR OWN BUT TO GET BACK TO STATION AFTER GAME WAS QUITE AN EXPERIENCE.AND WE LOST 4 1 .THE GREAT DEREK SHOWERS SCORING : :

Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:50 pm

Sheffield United late seventies they invaded the pitch and attacked us from three sides

Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:31 pm

The two occasions that come to mind are Hull away back in approx 2000-2002. Two coach loads of us went up from Treorchy (couple of good mates up there). A few coaches got stopped by OB on the way up. We stopped off at Goole for a drink and got wrapped up and walked miles and miles to the ground (after a short train journey). It was HT by the time we arrived and there were a load of Hull waiting outside. Their boys in the ground kicked the gates open and they were all fecking massive haha. I was only 20 and it was certainly an eye opener. Absolutely loved it though haha.

Second occasion was the Newport game when Annis got a lovely welcome from them outside. There wasn’t that many City in the ground at the time and a load of Newport walked around to our stand and started having a go. Thought it was going to go off bin time but police and stewards intervened. Was even younger on that occasion and once again an eye opener.

From that point on I was always too pissed to be scared at any point.

I’ve never really been to a ground and felt unsafe inside it. Too young to have been around for the 70s and 80s.