Youve ever been to ?

Mine 1978 Westham Away with Cardiff.
Then Westham v Millwall in the 80s.

Re: WHATS THE MOST FRIGHTENING/INTIMIDATING GROUND

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Birmingham 83 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:33 pm

mine is the new cardiff city stadium 2010 :cry: it was home to swansea this year, we got in and the swansea fans were in the corner, they had all thier fingers stuck up to me, threats of voilence and even one guy putting his finger accross his throat to me, was nasty, never never again :( but after 90mins they seemed to calm down after some chopra player scored, i felt abit ok then :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:34 pm

barnsley 1983/4

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:39 pm

lincoln city in the car park in the early eighties was rough as f**k

serious now

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:40 pm

Stoke in the FA Cup in the 80's - Victoria Ground

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:45 pm

I went on the train to stoke in the fa cup ..when curtis score for us..we lost two one

I didnt find it intimidating at all

at the end they locked us behind these iron gates in the car park

and then walked us back to station

didnt see any of them

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 pm

plymuff away 1993ish we cocked up there play off hopes they were Livid we had 300 away supporters in total !! must admit was a bit worried !! :?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Sludge wrote:I went on the train to stoke in the fa cup ..when curtis score for us..we lost two one

I didnt find it intimidating at all

at the end they locked us behind these iron gates in the car park

and then walked us back to station

didnt see any of them

The march was the most intimidating part of the visit on the way to the ground. There were police on both sides if you remember we were kept in line all the way to the station, I was hit by a bottle on my swede as they were throwing all sorts at us but the police didnt want to stop the march just kept us going to get into the ground....so probably not the most intimidating ground but on the way there it was horrible

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:52 pm

my memory must be frazzled

I only remember a scuffle outside a boozer on the way and that was it

mind you I was only 19

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 pm

sullysoul wrote:plymuff away 1993ish we cocked up there play off hopes they were Livid we had 300 away supporters in total !! must admit was a bit worried !! :?

stant goal ?

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Wimbledon for the tennis.

Nearly had my eye poked out by some Czech bird with a tennis bat. :D

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Millwall away on a Sunday back in 83. We arrived and as soon as we got off the Coach we were bushwacked. Yep bushwacked on the Cold Blow Lane by the Bushwackers. :D

Chelsea v Millwall in 84 in Littlewoods Cup. It was a night game and Millwall were everywhere. First time I seen a Helicopter at a Footie game. :shock:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:09 pm

Labby Doos wrote:Millwall away on a Sunday back in 83. We arrived and as soon as we got off the Coach we were bushwacked. Yep bushwacked on the Cold Blow Lane by the Bushwackers. :D

Chelsea v Millwall in 84 in Littlewoods Cup. It was a night game and Millwall were everywhere. First time I seen a Helicopter at a Footie game. :shock:

I was at both of them and both were frightening, Police were dragged of there horses out side Stamford bridge.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:13 pm

the Plymuff one was a 3.1 win Stantona scored all 3 I think ! big off outside pub before game and park before !! one of the last games of the season.

Cardiff the unstoppable sex machine era !

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:14 pm

also Hibs v celtic at Ibrox 1994 tennants semi !! Merderrrrr!!

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:21 pm

thats the one

we went down on our own , 4 of us

went to a pub near the ground , plymouth fans were fine with us

then we walked past the brittannia

and it was wrecked

police everywhere

had to keep very quiet then till we got to the ground

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Sludge wrote:thats the one

and it was wrecked

police everywhere

Exeter was a bit dodgy though Sludge :D

I hear that you were "disturbed" whilst indulging in a spot of MILF bothering :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 pm

White Heart Lane 77 78? year after we beat them in the cup

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Labby Doos wrote:Millwall away on a Sunday back in 83. We arrived and as soon as we got off the Coach we were bushwacked. Yep bushwacked on the Cold Blow Lane by the Bushwackers. :D

I was at both of them and both were frightening, Police were dragged of there horses out side Stamford bridge.

We took a Pink Transit Van up from Swansea :lol: to the Chelsea game. Van full of Neath lads and we also Picked up Dai H from Cardiff and met up with Gethin in London. Millwall had approx 8,000 there that night. We stood in the Shed and Chelsea were very wary that game.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Willy the Wombat wrote:
Sludge wrote:thats the one

and it was wrecked

police everywhere

Exeter was a bit dodgy though Sludge :D

I hear that you were "disturbed" whilst indulging in a spot of MILF bothering :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

exeter had hundreds of nutters waiting for cardiff after the trouble the year before in the fa cup

as 10 of us left a pub they were charging down the steet at us , having bottle throwing competitions

rather than get involved in bother we felt it would be more appropriate to help protect a few young mothers in the nearby mothercare shop on the high street

which we did by running in the shop and double bolting the door

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:51 pm

That lovely Sunday afternoon when, as usual, my wonderful Cardiff City let me down... and won 4-0!!!

Yes... at Cold blow Lane. Millwall were rather aggrieved, and my arse was twitching like a jellyfish

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:49 am

Mine was
The old den Millwall away early 70,s stuck behind Woolworths, my first football slapping was about to proceed !!!
But i did get a nice cup of tea from an old lady as i sat on my lonesome on the steps of a tower block in Depford.
and then West Ham away easter Monday in the 80,s 1-1 draw, outside the Bollin pub was horrendous !!!
HAPPY DAYS :ayatollah: :old:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:00 am

dublin,point depot,2005,ronan keating gig,loads of keith duffys mob outside,just after the split when the world wasnt sure whether boyzone would reform,shane lynch and mikey graham teamed up but were held at the station til the end of the gig,when ronans mob came out of the gig,keiths firm waited til they were well away from the pigs before striking,absolute bloodbath,18 helicopters,4 tanks,a submarine and a stealth bomber .nasty.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 am

Spurs 78 or 79 in the League, not a window left on the bus, 2 nile down and Paul Went (i think) scored in the 85min only time I prayed Cardiff would'nt score another Spurs all around us in the away end same colours could'nt tell who was who, January and a freezing trip home. Stoke around about the same time being bricked in the car park no where to hide sitting ducks come to mind was set your heart thumping a bit aswell

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:29 am

Sheff Weds away in the early 80's , the game that was all seating only coz of a disturbance at Oldham . We were sat in the stand above the Leppings Lane terrace with no segregation at all from the Weds fans , luckily nothing went off and Weds won too ! :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:40 am

i was at a book reading in hay-on-wye,early 90`s,bill oddie had just sped thru 4 quick chapters,we were all a bit light headed and euphoric when we heard there were ray mears fans coming down the high street,we went out to meet them but obviously rays mob were well tooled up so we were on our toes.
as we ran through tescos car park i was mightily releaved to see between 50-75 young conservatives on their way to an eagles gig,as i knew a few of them from my time as a mormon,they let us jump on their bus and escape,they then dropped us off in gloucester for an immense flute recital,bonkers it was

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:32 pm

For me, probably 4 come to mind: West Ham v Tottenham in 1985. They had those airport metal detectors outside and there were axes, aerosol sprays, carving knives and those medievel spiked balls on chains that were on the tables having been confiscated.

Chelsea v Tottenham in 1984, at both grounds. First time they'd polayed each other in the league for 7 or 8 years and the one at the Lane was the first morning kick off for security reasons they had in this country.

Millwall v Leeds in 1985. I think the 2 teams and the year says it all about this. Mental day and best summed up by the moment when Millwall sang "Where's your famous Service Crew" and all 1,500 Leeds fans gave the fascist salute.

Swansea v Cardiff Easter Saturday 1984. A mental game really and easily one of the worst I've ever been to in 30-odd years of watcvhing games

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:03 pm

The Other worst one was a fa cup semi replay man u v liverpool at main Rd second leg late 80's Night game at Maine Road.There with a man u mate- revenge was on the cards loads of man u waiting with Stanley knives for Scousers or anyone really!! absolutely shocking claret everywhere ! Horrible!! men women the works never seen anything reported about it but It was sick.
To be honest Maine Rd must of been in the Roughest areas ever for a football ground, scary place little alley ways, derelict houses the works.moss Side.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:27 pm

The Olde Den on a Sunday in Aug 1982 when we won 4.0....Absaloutly Berserk..!!!!!... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: