Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: WHEN THEY ARE HONEST ABOUT IMMIGRATION

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:19 pm

In Andover i have 4 candidates to choose from.

Lib DEms, Tory, Labour or UKIP.

I think i'm going to vote UKIP in protest at the 3 main parties being a bunch of wankers who wont put forward any decent plans to tackle the real issues in this country which are health, education, crime and immigration.

For me we need to get rid of all immigrants who dont work. All smack/crack heads who commit crimes need locking up in secure units and forced off the drugs. Education and health need to have the ridiculous bureaucracy stopped.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:53 pm

I will join the debate here as there is a lot of talk of immigration and I am married to someone who many percieve to be an immigrant a Polish lady. There seems to be a lot of confusion here Poles for example are migrant workers who due to EU rules are free to travel and work wherever they want in EU , whereas immigrants are people from say afghanistan trying to gain illegal entry into the UK through say the ports of Calais/Dover etc... The fact of the matter is the majority of Eastern europeans have been brought up in a different culture/environment which I have witnessed over the years and they will work and not take the pi*** sadly like many UK workers. So If I were an employer I know who I'd employ. But the fact is many UK labour voters who now say oh bloody polish this that have contributed to the situation due to their policies by encouraging a centralised EU and allowing workers freedom of movement, the UK and Ireland opened their borders first along with I think Holland whilst many countries wouldnt allow them in, and of course Labour were in charge !!!! I

Its also easy to forget how many Brits have moved to South France and Spain and USA etc, so whilst its easy to critisce eastern europeans they are allowed to work here in the same way we go to spain. And if the UK ever got to such a stage where I would be desperate for money to support my wife and child I would certainly be leaving for a country where jobs are available.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:09 pm

Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I will join the debate here as there is a lot of talk of immigration and I am married to someone who many percieve to be an immigrant a Polish lady. There seems to be a lot of confusion here Poles for example are migrant workers who due to EU rules are free to travel and work wherever they want in EU , whereas immigrants are people from say afghanistan trying to gain illegal entry into the UK through say the ports of Calais/Dover etc... The fact of the matter is the majority of Eastern europeans have been brought up in a different culture/environment which I have witnessed over the years and they will work and not take the pi*** sadly like many UK workers. So If I were an employer I know who I'd employ. But the fact is many UK labour voters who now say oh bloody polish this that have contributed to the situation due to their policies by encouraging a centralised EU and allowing workers freedom of movement, the UK and Ireland opened their borders first along with I think Holland whilst many countries wouldnt allow them in, and of course Labour were in charge !!!! I

Its also easy to forget how many Brits have moved to South France and Spain and USA etc, so whilst its easy to critisce eastern europeans they are allowed to work here in the same way we go to spain. And if the UK ever got to such a stage where I would be desperate for money to support my wife and child I would certainly be leaving for a country where jobs are available.

The Poles and Baltic immigrants are on the whole a hard working bunch who as far as i'm concerned are welcome in this country. Same for many groups. It is the spongers who come here and make no effort to work or learn our language that really get me. Equally we have our own chavscum jeremy Kyle sorts who have never worked. What must happen is a major overhaul of our benefit system that stops people from being career spongers and discourages the work shy from entering the uk.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:16 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Cefnfforestbluebird wrote:I will join the debate here as there is a lot of talk of immigration and I am married to someone who many percieve to be an immigrant a Polish lady. There seems to be a lot of confusion here Poles for example are migrant workers who due to EU rules are free to travel and work wherever they want in EU , whereas immigrants are people from say afghanistan trying to gain illegal entry into the UK through say the ports of Calais/Dover etc... The fact of the matter is the majority of Eastern europeans have been brought up in a different culture/environment which I have witnessed over the years and they will work and not take the pi*** sadly like many UK workers. So If I were an employer I know who I'd employ. But the fact is many UK labour voters who now say oh bloody polish this that have contributed to the situation due to their policies by encouraging a centralised EU and allowing workers freedom of movement, the UK and Ireland opened their borders first along with I think Holland whilst many countries wouldnt allow them in, and of course Labour were in charge !!!! I

The Poles and Baltic immigrants are on the whole a hard working bunch who as far as i'm concerned are welcome in this country. Same for many groups. It is the spongers who come here and make no effort to work or learn our language that really get me. Equally we have our own chavscum jeremy Kyle sorts who have never worked. What must happen is a major overhaul of our benefit system that stops people from being career spongers and discourages the work shy from entering the uk.

Your right there we have a generation of people who dont work, dont want to work, and are happy to claim off the government needs to be sorted out.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:57 pm

I would not criticise ONE Polish person for coming to Britain to work. I would not criticise any false asylum
seekers or career criminals from Nigeria or Somalia for coming over here. Who can blame them?

Its the system.

They dont really want to tighten it because they wanted the cheap labour and f**k the British worker, f**k
the aspirations of British kids leaving school.

Over 80% of NEW jobs in Britain over the last ten years have gone to foreign workers, we all know why...
the cunts running the country are happy for British Business to pay minimum wage, or a lot less.

Agreed, there are thousands of lazy feckless british people who just dont want to work. But for fucks sake
there are now also tens of thousands of Immigrants given housing and having all their bills paid who are
not allowed to work even if they wanted too because of their 'status' in the country. We dont tell anyone
at the gates that they are unable to enter Britain cos we dont believe they're genuine asylum seekers. We
let them in first, and make them comfy for a few years while we 'check them out'... and just hope they
haven't become attached to a Cat or a Dog by the time their application is denied... cos they'll be allowed
to stay then. Madness.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:47 pm

Unfortunately Annis if it was not for Immigration some of our care homes and many parts of the NHS would not be able to function.I agree on controls on people entering any country and each case should be studied on its own merits,remembering many 'illegal' immigrants are people who have been persecuted in their own country and would be killed if they were sent back.
Lets not give the BNP anymore ammunition to use and lets try to work with all ethnic minorities to try and get them to intergrate into the community instead of isolating themselves and their children.Cardiff in the past has been an example to the rest of Britain how people from all backgrounds,countries and religions can live and work together and that is the way forward. :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:10 pm

Denzil wrote:Unfortunately Annis if it was not for Immigration some of our care homes and many parts of the NHS would not be able to function.I agree on controls on people entering any country and each case should be studied on its own merits,remembering many 'illegal' immigrants are people who have been persecuted in their own country and would be killed if they were sent back.
Lets not give the BNP anymore ammunition to use and lets try to work with all ethnic minorities to try and get them to intergrate into the community instead of isolating themselves and their children.Cardiff in the past has been an example to the rest of Britain how people from all backgrounds,countries and religions can live and work together and that is the way forward. :ayatollah:

The stuff about people persecuted and in fear of their lives in their native countries just does not wash.
AGREED, if they get on a flight there and arrive directly in Britain. But the vast majority travel through about
a dozen 'safe' countries on their trek to Britain. By definition, and by UN legislation this automatically
discounts them as genuine Asylum seekers.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:12 pm

Denzil, I just believe everyone has a right to have their say. This country is in a mess and I believe we should concentrate on this country.
Australia, New Zealand,Jersey, Majorca all close their borders and are better off for it and no one is having a go at them.
Rem, My Grandfather(My Father Side) came over from Egypt to live here, but there were NO HAND OUTS in them days and you knew if you came here you had to work and Britain was not a soft touch then.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:37 pm

So you'd unilaterally close the border into our country, thus denying others the same chance your grandfather was?

Denzil is correct, and a certain amount of immigration is essential to our country and it's economy

Whilst we clearly need to stamp down harder on illegal immigration, we need - as we always have - to allow certain skilled foreign workers into our country.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:51 pm

Claude Blue wrote:So you'd unilaterally close the border into our country, thus denying others the same chance your grandfather was?

Denzil is correct, and a certain amount of immigration is essential to our country and it's economy

Whilst we clearly need to stamp down harder on illegal immigration, we need - as we always have - to allow certain skilled foreign workers into our country.

Claude, He came to work, was given No benefits, No house and had to abide by Britains laws and Respect Britain. People come here now and try to Dictate our Country. When I go to other Countries I Respect there Country and reaslise I am a guest, where I have a business in Cardiff I see the problems that are now happening and getting worse all the time.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:57 pm

I BELIEVE WE ALL SHOULD BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THIS WITHOUT BEING CALLED RACISTS etc etc that way we get to hear other peoples views and maybe situations can get better.

Some comments from facebook
If they come here to contribute to our society through working, obeying our laws and respecting our culture and history ive no problem. But if not sod them!
14 minutes ago ·

Paul Coleman Yes but they dnt they just bleed the systems dry and come here for benifits there only countrys won't even provide I work as posty and the Slovaks I deliver too get benifits letters adressed to 3 and 4 diferent adresses how come the goverment and benifits systems can't figure there scamming ????
7 minutes ago ·

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:10 pm

No one would deny that abuses of our system happen and it all needs tightening up.

It's not as simple as just closing our borders to everyone, or do you not agree that a certain level of inward migration is beneficial to our country?

Britain has a proud tradition of being a tolerant and liberal society and that includes foreign workers, as I hope your grandfather would have testified to.

We could adopt the knee-jerk reaction so favoured by the BNP and UKIP, or we could continue with controlled immigration into our country.

Do you not believe that we have been enriched as a nation by allowing peoples of different nationalities, colour and creed to move, work and live here?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:41 am

Claude
Many many years ago yes Britain needed workers and they came in plenty like my Grandfather in the Cardiff Docks, but nowadays those industries are not there and immigration is putting to much pressure on The NHS,Schools beyond, Housing,DSS, Our priority is to now sort out who is here and get our Country back on its feet. I agree BNP ARE NOT the answer, I just wish one of the 3 main parties would stand up and do something.