Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Pacific

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:11 pm

Anyone been watching it? Its a 10-parter made by Steven Spielberg snd Tom Hanks (just like Band of Brothers) but based on the American war in the Pacific with the Japanese.

Its really good, and the great thing about it (Like Band of Brothers) is that the first 10 minutes or so is dedicated to interviewing survivors of the war about what different situations (usually what the episode will be about) was like.

Re: The Pacific

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:14 pm

brilliant series ive recorded it on virgin plus, and i will no doubt buy the dvds when they come out.
the question is, is it as good as band of brothers?

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:17 pm

Well personally, I don't feel it is, because I already preferred the European part of WWII rather than the Pacific part, plus never really learned about the Pacific part.

However, it definatly is a must-watch series, and is possibly as good as it. It really makes the hair stand up on the back of your neck in places, it has brilliant funny parts, along with really sad parts, and it's just a brilliant series.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:23 pm

i thought band of bothers was a fantastic series, and i watch it as often as i can, i love programs about the 2nd world war and i also collect world war 2 memorabilia.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:28 pm

I watched Pacific parts 1 and 2 ..................... havnt watched 3 yet . Never saw Band of Brothers tho .

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:30 pm

Band of Brothers is definatly worth a watch, its in the same format as The Pacific (with the same makers of course :D)

Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:33 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:I watched Pacific parts 1 and 2 ..................... havnt watched 3 yet . Never saw Band of Brothers tho .

mate you have got to watch band of brothers !

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Pacific has loads of potential for me - setting the scene for what lies ahead brilliantly - this weekends episode in Melbourne was awesome - no war just captivating drama

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:25 pm

No where near as good as Band of brother, don't get me wrong great, but when compared to band of brothers it's no where near as good.
You look at band of brothers, every actor carries himself as if he is from the period and has suffered everything they went through.

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Pompey wrote:No where near as good as Band of brother, don't get me wrong great, but when compared to band of brothers it's no where near as good.
You look at band of brothers, every actor carries himself as if he is from the period and has suffered everything they went through.

Agree mate. Band of Brothers is a hard act to follow.