Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Worst fighting at NP for years -CCTV footage

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:50 am

Just had a look at Essex Blue's Youtube vid and after watching some of the linked nes came accross this.

Barnsley fans having a hell of a ruck with the police.

City fans on Sloper Road.

This could have got really nasty and the police were really struggling to hold Barnsley back.

Its got to be the worst ACTUAL fighting at NP for a long time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WihCEZlC ... re=related

Re: Worst fighting at NP for years -CCTV footage

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:54 am

I remember that day, They brought loads of edders down, Apparently half of them were Leeds boys looking for revenge after they got scared at the cup game

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:01 am

I have got to admit Barnsley Fans Shocked Cardiff that day, they really did come for Trouble and No one expected that from Barnsley.
I found out later that on the Anniversary of the death of one of their top lads, they all turn out for that date/game who ever they may play every year. I think about 20 odd Barnsley got arrested for this and a few went to prison.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:05 am

Cf39 wrote:I remember that day, They brought loads of edders down, Apparently half of them were Leeds boys looking for revenge after they got scared at the cup game

They def had no Leeds with them, they were all staunch Barnsley, They wrote the whole story for me in Diary of the Soul Crew "2".

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:I have got to admit Barnsley Fans Shocked Cardiff that day, they really did come for Trouble and No one expected that from Barnsley.
I found out later that on the Anniversary of the death of one of their top lads, they all turn out for that date/game who ever they may play every year. I think about 20 odd Barnsley got arrested for this and a few went to prison.

They tried to get on the pitch just before this kicked off.

IMHO in the last 10 years they really are the only lot that have genuinely tried to kick off at NP.

i dont really think the Wolves and Birmingham lot really, really wanted it in truth.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:13 am

Didnt they smash a pub or 2 up in town as well before the game that day?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:17 am

Mogs wrote:Didnt they smash a pub or 2 up in town as well before the game that day?

They had a fight with the Docks behind Lloyds bar in town and smashed their way out. They came unstuck down some Alley way when they bumped in to the wrong Docks boys, 3 Barnsley had to go to hospital with broken bones and that was before the game.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:18 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I have got to admit Barnsley Fans Shocked Cardiff that day, they really did come for Trouble and No one expected that from Barnsley.

They tried to get on the pitch just before this kicked off.

IMHO in the last 10 years they really are the only lot that have genuinely tried to kick off at NP.

i dont really think the Wolves and Birmingham lot really, really wanted it in truth.

Tim, your right, they didnt but Barnsley fans were like they were all on speed.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:32 am

Tim, your right, they didnt but Barnsley fans were like they were all on speed.[/quote]

I know its wrong, but you can see how young men get a buzz out of it.

Its got to be better for the majority, especially families the way things are now. But it was a great adrenelin rush years ago.

We spend most of our lives repressing what man has done for millions of years just to survive.