Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

the malaisians

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:07 pm

surely must be pissed off if the club has to refund the ST money on promotion to the premiership. and surely a full takeover is coming as investing in us if we are a premiership club would be more costly????

Re: the malaisians

Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:20 pm

Well the options are:

Stay in the Championship and no need to refund ST's

or

Go up, refund £3million and get £40million for being in the Premiership and AT LEAST another £16million the next year.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Wayne S wrote:Well the options are:

or

Go up, refund £3million and get £40million for being in the Premiership and AT LEAST another £16million the next year.

Yea I bet they would be really pissed off :lol:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:42 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

or

Yea I bet they would be really pissed off :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:54 pm

or

Plus massive increased marketing opportunities within Malaysia.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:08 pm

They could put the price of new season ticket sales up.
There’s no guarantee of any entrance prices being held now is there?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:11 pm

nugent wrote:surely must be pissed off if the club has to refund the ST money on promotion to the premiership. and surely a full takeover is coming as investing in us if we are a premiership club would be more costly????

And all the money and profile in the lucrative far east market that owning a Premiership club would bring? Yeah, I would imagine they would be devastated :lol:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:14 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
nugent wrote:surely must be pissed off if the club has to refund the ST money on promotion to the premiership. and surely a full takeover is coming as investing in us if we are a premiership club would be more costly????

And all the money and profile in the lucrative far east market that owning a Premiership club would bring? Yeah, I would imagine they would be devastated :lol:

They will be in a quandary though.

Spend nothing and be financially sorted for the next few, years, but end up with an embarrassing number of points and relegation sorted by March.

Or gamble in order to try to stay up and build ?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:20 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

Spend nothing and be financially sorted for the next few, years, but end up with an embarrassing number of points and relegation sorted by March.

Or gamble in order to try to stay up and build ?

Yeah, I see that point. But I think that they will gamble to stay up for the first season. Survival by any means, even 4th from bottom, will be the priority, just like any other club in our position

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:25 pm

Or gamble in order to try to stay up and build ?[/quote]
Yeah, I see that point. But I think that they will gamble to stay up for the first season. Survival by any means, even 4th from bottom, will be the priority, just like any other club in our position[/quote]

Hope so !

It may well be that promotion will open the door for the really big players to come in - like Tan, as the opportunity would be there to really make an impression. It would surely hurt their pride to see their side being humiliated.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Hammam gambled, running up a large debt to get us to the Prem.
Ridsdale gambled pushing us to the brink to get to the Prem.

Why does anybody think successful businessmen are going to gamble straight off the bat?

The club needs to be fully stabilised off the pitch - financially, marketing, income streams et al to ensure the clubs long term future. That's way more important than taking the risks people want.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:09 pm

I agree, about The Riddlers scam, but they have accepted that, but at this moment they are taking 49% in Shares of Our Club, Will all be in place by the end of next week, Part of the deal will be completed This Week :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:12 pm

so they are going to honour the golden ticket offer if we go up then ? :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:24 pm

They have to however if the riddler still in position watch out for a plea to use this money for new players.

I just dont trust the b*stard !!!!

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:so they are going to honour the golden ticket offer if we go up then ? :ayatollah:

They should hike up the price for Non Ambos if we make the premiership to recoup some of the difference.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:32 pm

stickywicket wrote:They could put the price of new season ticket sales up.

another ridsdale lie im afraid they dont have to abide by any promise made by the riddler. this was just a statement made by him and was never ratified at a board meeting

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:37 pm

steve davies wrote:
stickywicket wrote:They could put the price of new season ticket sales up.

another ridsdale lie im afraid they dont have to abide by any promise made by the riddler. this was just a statement made by him and was never ratified at a board meeting

I'm not sure on that Steve. The club clearly made it known that anyone buying a ST prior to 31 December 2009 would recieve a 5 year price freeze in return.

Once the club accepted your cash a contract existed between you and the club on that basis. Of course the club could ignore its obligation but it would open up the possibility of multiple court claims.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:28 am

Tony
I agree totally but this council will not take action against the riddler. They have done nothing regarding the golden ticket scam.

Seems the council have a very close relationship

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:38 am

ridofrid wrote:Tony
I agree totally but this council will not take action against the riddler. They have done nothing regarding the golden ticket scam.

I agree there is definately something going on between Berman and Ridsdale ;)

However the fundermental point is the Malaysians are buying the shares of the company which made the pledge to it's custumers to hold a 5 year price freeze on season tickets and a full refund should the team get promoted.

They are contractually bound by that agreement and if they fail to honour it any supporter who is affected could take the matter to the County Court and sue for damages.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:47 am

I agree totally bt this council will not take action against the riddler. They have done nothing regarding the golden ticket scam.

However the fundermental point is the Malaysians are buying the shares of the company which made the pledge to it's custumers to hold a 5 year price freeze on season tickets and a full refund should the team get promoted.

They are contractually bound by that agreement and if they fail to honour it any supporter who is affected could take the matter to the County Court and sue for damages.

Why should the council take action? The ticket issue is a business contract issue between a private company and it's customers, not the council.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:01 am

They probably are pissed off but they know what they are buying in to. So im sure they know all about the situation

:ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:48 pm

nerd wrote:
I agree totally bt this council will not take action against the riddler. They have done nothing regarding the golden ticket scam.

Why should the council take action? The ticket issue is a business contract issue between a private company and it's customers, not the council.

TBH I think ridofrid was referring to Trading Standards

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Nerd.

Trading standards is a dept of the council and should have taken action as the riddler duped £3,000,000 from the fanbase by making false statements about squad strengthening.

I was told from day 1 by a member of their staff that nothing would be done because of political pressure from above and although they denied that this would be the case it has been proved to be correct as no enquiries have been made them.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:04 pm

ridofrid wrote:Nerd.

Trading standards is a dept of the council and should have taken action as the riddler duped £3,000,000 from the fanbase by making false statements about squad strengthening.

I was told from day 1 by a member of their staff that nothing would be done because of political pressure from above and although they denied that this would be the case it has been proved to be correct as no enquiries have been made them.

Tbh this was a touch and go case. It would have been very difficult for TS to bring a case against the club unless they have plenty of complaints. Then they would have relied on a judge for judgement favour which is a risk these days. It was possible but a big risk regarding time and reasources. This is one of the reasons why the likes of Ridsdale gets away with such scams because of the difficulty of bringing judgement against him.

Even so we all know it was a scam and one apology too many from the man. Hence why the club cannot sell anymore STs while he is still there. It will be interesting to see if any more STs are sold if we get to the play off finals, especially if PR is still chairman.