Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play off final hooliganism hype

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:45 pm

Is there anyone else on here who thinks that everyone predicting a bloodbath on the street of London should we and swansea reach the play off final think it's being blown out of all proprtion? There is no way the Met will allow both us and them to meet head on and, with the lack of trouble at the game a couple of weeks back, is it all hype? I can't see anything other than a few younger wannabes posturing and throwing the odd plastic bottle over the massive police lines and the buffer zone that will be set up between the two sets of fans. We will all be bubbled up there, taking different routes and any potential battles will be nipped in the bud. Hooliganism ain't going to happen and it's getting a little bit boring reading all these doom-mongers on here saying otherwise

Re: Play off final hooliganism hype

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:52 pm

I THINK BRINGING 1900, SWANS FANS IS A DROP IN THE OCEAN FOR THE POLICE DOWN HERE, 40,000 FANS EACH, TRAVELLING IN THE SAME DIRECTION IS A LOT DIFFERENT, WHAT HAPPENS WHEN WE GET TO WEMBLEY, HOW WILL THEY SEPERATE US,,,,,,,,, DO THEY KEEP SUPPORTERS IN AT THE END? ANYWAY DONT WORRY ,THE JACKS WONT BE IN THE PLAY OFF FINALS, :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:55 pm

The difference between Wembley and Cardiff is there is more than one road in and one road out, as those who come for finals often described it. The Met have handled far bigger events than a play off final, so they'll be prepared for it.

Oh, and BTW, I don't think they'll make it either. I don't think they've got enough goals in them. But you never know

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Is there anyone else on here who thinks that everyone predicting a bloodbath on the street of London should we and swansea reach the play off final think it's being blown out of all proprtion?

Yep, I'm with you on this.

There's obviously a few around that love to perpetuate the myth. I've said before that we will be talking about 1,000 fans, at most, who still think they need to prove themselves in order to get on in life. The other 89,000 will be fine, but we all know there will be reports of violence that will be given precidence in the rags.

What will annoy me in the next few weeks will be when people, who have the ear of the press and the Welsh media, start ramping this story up to fill column inches.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:Is there anyone else on here who thinks that everyone predicting a bloodbath on the street of London should we and swansea reach the play off final think it's being blown out of all proprtion?

Yep, I'm with you on this.

There's obviously a few around that love to perpetuate the myth. I've said before that we will be talking about 1,000 fans, at most, who still think they need to prove themselves in order to get on in life. The other 89,000 will be fine, but we all know there will be reports of violence that will be given precidence in the rags.

What will annoy me in the next few weeks will be when people, who have the ear of the press and the Welsh media, start ramping this story up to fill column inches.

There was more than 1000 fans who were happy to fight at Chelsea - out of 6000.

I personally fear what could happen there. On the streets and in the pubs rather than the ground. Also on the routes in..

the police are going to have to come up with a really really good plan.

Safe to say I won't be taking my kids.

Will you ?

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:18 pm

If I had kids, in all honesty, I would have no fear about taking them. I think the police will win this one, and I don't mean by cracking heads. The difference between the final and the Chelsea game is that they let us all walk towards each other and that really was a recipe for the disaster which then happened

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:20 pm

It's no myth, it will be carnage, not encouraging, or glorifying, but what ever the authority's do to prevent it, it will happen regardless and it will happen all over the place, and all weekend, FACT.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:22 pm

BigGwynram wrote:It's no myth, it will be carnage, not encouraging, or glorifying, but what ever the authority's do to prevent it, it will happen regardless and it will happen all over the place, and all weekend, FACT.

Even if we're bubbled? Do you think people without tickets will be bothered to travel all the way to London to have a scrap when they can just as easily do it in the pubs and on the streets of Port Talbot, Bridgend or Aberdare? Can't see it myself

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:23 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:If I had kids, in all honesty, I would have no fear about taking them. I think the police will win this one, and I don't mean by cracking heads. The difference between the final and the Chelsea game is that they let us all walk towards each other and that really was a recipe for the disaster which then happened

History shows too much chance some sly twats will have a crack irrsepective of who you are with.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:27 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Safe to say I won't be taking my kids.

Will you ?

I will most definately be taking my daughter. There is no way those fuckers are gonna stop my daughter witnessing something so memorable, especially as 'they' will mostly be pissed and know nothing about football.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:29 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
BigGwynram wrote:It's no myth, it will be carnage, not encouraging, or glorifying, but what ever the authority's do to prevent it, it will happen regardless and it will happen all over the place, and all weekend, FACT.

Even if we're bubbled? Do you think people without tickets will be bothered to travel all the way to London to have a scrap when they can just as easily do it in the pubs and on the streets of Port Talbot, Bridgend or Aberdare? Can't see it myself

The logistics of a bubble are mind-blowing.

800 coaches from each side ??

All coming from the same directions.

I mean its one thing to deal with 40, even 60 coaches coming in through a set route into a secure compound all from 1 club, but the logistics of this is on a completely different level.

I really hope they screw up anyway.

Couldnt face losing to them, or us missing out and them going up.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:31 pm

I agree that the logistics are staggering which is why I think it will be part coach, part train. Train is easy as they can direct one set of fans on one route, the other set on another route

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:If I had kids, in all honesty, I would have no fear about taking them. I think the police will win this one, and I don't mean by cracking heads. The difference between the final and the Chelsea game is that they let us all walk towards each other and that really was a recipe for the disaster which then happened

How will they seperate us after the game,we've all got the same accents to cockneys.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:34 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

I really am worried about my health if it's an all Welsh final, I keep thinking that I might just go down the Gower and turn a radio on at about 6pm. Then if we lose I can take a dump on a doorstep on my way back to Cardiff or if we win I will hold my horn down all the way.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:49 pm

I think it will kick off en mass sadly there is bitter hatred between hundreds of fans on both sides heres the gippos setting smoke bombs off at our ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_waiZ_NpiVo

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:52 pm

Just think how much fun for the S.W.P they can hit the Severn bridge and say to eh Engish lots - there you go lads all yours!

Jacks won't make it Blackpool will do something you just watch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:54 pm

they wont take half of the fans we have, and yes a do thik it will be interesting, but we got to get there first we might have them in the playoffs :D semis

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:58 pm

My Opinion if We played The Jacks at wembley thousands will want to fight each other as the Hatred is much more than a Football match, You will even find Football Shirts fighting Football Shirts which is unheard off nowadays.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:03 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

I really am worried about my health if it's an all Welsh final, I keep thinking that I might just go down the Gower and turn a radio on at about 6pm. Then if we lose I can take a dump on a doorstep on my way back to Cardiff or if we win I will hold my horn down all the way.

Make your mind up.

10 minutes ago nothing would stop you taking your daughter :lol:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:08 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I agree that the logistics are staggering which is why I think it will be part coach, part train. Train is easy as they can direct one set of fans on one route, the other set on another route

All the trains would have to terminate at Paddington.

That option seems a nightmare as well.

A special can take what, 800 ? And that was 'cattle class' 10 specials for each side would only shift 8000 from each - what do they do with the fans when they get there.

Mind you they could send the Jacks via Birmingham and get them off at Euston. I'm liking your idea !

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:10 pm

the stupid swim away will be abolished,,,,,, by, where where you at wembley, :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:The difference between Wembley and Cardiff is there is more than one road in and one road out, as those who come for finals often described it. The Met have handled far bigger events than a play off final, so they'll be prepared for it.

Oh, and BTW, I don't think they'll make it either. I don't think they've got enough goals in them. But you never know

Too right , they won`t make it ! And IF they do, the Met have to deal almost weekly with London derbies, teams coming from up north and the midlands to play London sides, but anyone could be caught in the wrong place , at the wrong time ! :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 pm

yer it will go off big time!

would be amazing!! shit hitting the fan all over the shop :ayatollah: especially when we win and the numptys will go looking for cardiff, thats when kids and old people get hurt, then thats when it gets pathetic

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:35 pm

Cardiff Swansea bubbles are fine, and both sides are organised, with low away support, but both of us together at Wembley !!!!

Having Wembley as our 2nd home pitch we know what it is like, we all walk down the same walkway in and mingle on the way out, i think it would be a nightmare unless they can come up with some way of splitting the fans on the way in and out, lets just hope they don't get there!!!

I don't think they will anyway unless they draw two games and go through on penalties, because they can't score enough.......

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:02 pm

If we play them at wembley it will be complete carnage.I reckon it will be as worse as the Man U off in the 70's, that game came with a massive build up & lived up to expectations.It'll be impossible to control & with the deep rooted hatred i can't see either set off fans shaking hands at the end.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:45 pm

time for people to grow up despite the hatred (i have a lot of bluebird mates work related ) funny as f**k when games are played won and lost both ways but thats all it is a game between two football clubs if and its a big if the final should be about just that football.i will be checking with a mates mum if the final is between us she has got both results bang on not easy betting the jacks in cardiff on the way to the ground(bluebird fan)

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:04 am

Anybody remember the last team we played at Wembley?

We have "history" of violence against them and yet on our last trip to Wembley NOTHING happened. It appeared then both sets of fans have grown up. 8 arrests in the last derby would also imply that.

Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday, an equally passionate and 'hate' filled derby (anyone who tries to deny that needs to take their head out of their arse) has been played at Wembley and as far as I'm aware there was no large scale disorder of the sort some people are predicting.

As has been said, the Met have dealt with far bigger events than a mere Championship play off final, and will not be worried about us when we're in Wembley and when we're on our way out. The logistics of getting people in will be sodding difficult, but then it would be sodding difficult if Leicester play Forest.

The question is not "WILL THERE BE TROUBLE?" but "DO PEOPLE WANT TROUBLE?"

If you are moronic enough to kick off and risk a banning order for either side's first ever season in the Premier League, then firstly you fully deserve whatever banning order comes your way, but secondly you are not a football fan and will not be missed by either club.

And, as has been said - they won't make it anyway! :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:01 am

All a load of old pony, lads aint got the appetite for it these days, with the penalty for getting caught being so serious. Granted, there will be a small minority with no brains at all, who will have a go at each other, but it will be miniscule. On the way to London on the day, Cardiff and Swansea fans will only be allowed in certain services, and every servise area will have a large Police presence. In London itself, every train arriving from Wales on the Friday and Saturday will be monitored. London is completely CCTV'd up and Wembley way is all CCTV'd, so anyone causing problems would have to be off their head.
No preoblems in the ground for the same reason. After the game, the losing fans will be away from there quicker than a Rat up a drain pipe. Probably be a few skirmishes around town, after the game, but they will be minor. A great day for the winners, a horrible, horrible, horrible day for the losers. ( just remember that, DJ and the boys)!