Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IF ANY OF THESE PARTIES WANT TO WIN THE ELECTION

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:49 pm

In my Opinion if They stand up about Immigration,Britain not being controlled by Belgium/Germany and France, More for Married families, Cut the dole,Withdraw our Troops from 2 pathetic Wars, Iraq/Afgan, More money on the NHS.

THEN THEYVE WON MY VOTE and THE ELECTION IN MY OPINION

Re: IF ANY OF THESE PARTIES WANT TO WIN THE ELECTION

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:52 pm

I also think that law and order on our streets could be high on the agenda. People are fed up of being afraid to go out in their own neighbourhoods without fear of being intimidated by the local pissed up hoodies. I also think people are fed up of the victim coming second in life behind the perpetrators

Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:58 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I also think that law and order on our streets could be high on the agenda. People are fed up of being afraid to go out in their own neighbourhoods without fear of being intimidated by the local pissed up hoodies. I also think people are fed up of the victim coming second in life behind the perpetrators

Well Gordon Brown had Cam on that by saying he would put more Police on the streets, but Cam was slow, he should of said in the last 13 years there is less and Crime has Soured under Labour.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:01 pm

Why does Brown have to wait til a possible election win to do that? If he could see that sort of crime getting worse, why not increase the police when he's in power? It's not like he couldn't see it happening

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:02 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Why does Brown have to wait til a possible election win to do that? If he could see that sort of crime getting worse, why not increase the police when he's in power? It's not like he couldn't see it happening

Thats why he is pathetic and Cam too as he never answered him on it.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:04 pm

Yeah, Clegg definitely came across as the best leader on the night but it will be interesting to see what lessons they learned from it for the next debate

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:Yeah, Clegg definitely came across as the best leader on the night but it will be interesting to see what lessons they learned from it for the next debate

Yes he has turned out to be the surprise package and to be fair he was the best on the night, lets see this Thursday, as now the other 2 realise for the first time ever it might be a 3 horse race.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:13 pm

I have never considered voting Liberal before but there are pledges in their manifesto that I like but I do worry that their popularity will make a hung parliment and that could seriously damage the country.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have never considered voting Liberal before but there are pledges in their manifesto that I like but I do worry that their popularity will make a hung parliment and that could seriously damage the country.

I think that's paper talk designed to scare people away from voting Lib Dem, certainly the Sun and Daily Mail are pushing the issue of a hung parliament damaging the recovery.

However, if you look around there are plenty of countries who have collation governments and personally I don't think it’s a bad thing, after all the Welsh Assembly has functioned perfectly well.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm

Carl/Tony I am Def against a hung Parliament.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 pm

A hung parliament wont be a disaster. In fact it could be the change we require. I'm all for it.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:29 pm

A coalition government wouldn't go far amiss in my opinion - Clegg as Prime Minister, Cameron as Home Secretary (Sort out Immigration), Vince Cable as Chancellor (Cos he's the best qualified for the job) and share the rest of the cabinet seats out between all the parties.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Carl/Tony I am Def against a hung Parliament.

Annis I have a leaning towards the Lib Dems this time around.

They won't do anything about immigration, but there again neither will Labour or the Tories because they can't stop biggest net contributor which is EU immigration, but I do like their ideas of getting out Afghanistan, scrapping ID cards, Trident Nuclear Missiles and the failed NHS computer system that won’t work.

All together that will save around £40 billion a year which could be spent on schools and hospitals and if a hung parliment brings that about I would be more than happy.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:37 pm

I will be honest and say at this moment I am favouring Liberal Democrats.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Carl/Tony I am Def against a hung Parliament.

Annis I have a leaning towards the Lib Dems this time around.

They won't do anything about immigration, but there again neither will Labour or the Tories because they can't stop biggest net contributor which is EU immigration, but I do like their ideas of getting out Afghanistan, scrapping ID cards, Trident Nuclear Missiles and the failed NHS computer system that won’t work.

All together that will save around £40 billion a year which could be spent on schools and hospitals and if a hung parliment brings that about I would be more than happy.

I will be honest if Nick Cleg continues like he did in the first debate in the next 2, then, I could swing, but until now its never entered my head to even consider them before.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:56 pm

Dont know if any of you believe the polls but most have Tories leading with Labour second but Liberals are right behind them. But one of the polls got Liberals ahead.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:19 pm

Eddie May wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Dont know if any of you believe the polls but most have Tories leading with Labour second but Liberals are right behind them. But one of the polls got Liberals ahead.

The polls are usually right, but its time for labour to go.

Eddie YOUGOV poll, which was done for tomorrow's Sun newspaperis the one that has The Liberals ahead. Nick Clegg could put himself in one hell of a position if he manages to get through Thursday's debate as good as he did last week, but it is certain that both the main parties will attack his manifesto now.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:22 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Eddie May wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Dont know if any of you believe the polls but most have Tories leading with Labour second but Liberals are right behind them. But one of the polls got Liberals ahead.

Eddie YOUGOV poll, which was done for tomorrow's Sun newspaperis the one that has The Liberals ahead. Nick Clegg could put himself in one hell of a position if he manages to get through Thursday's debate as good as he did last week, but it is certain that both the main parties will attack his manifesto now.

Carl, he is in with a shout, as so far Cam and Brown have been utter rubbish.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:20 am

carlccfc wrote:
Eddie May wrote:

I agree both Cam and Brown are bound to turn their guns on the Lib Dems this time around.

However, the LD's have again been clever in putting costing into their manifesto unlike both Labour and the Tories. So when those 2 parties attack the Lib Dems they have the perfect defence in that they can claim to have 'come clean' on how they will pay for any commitments whilst both Labour and Tories have been evasive by omitting figures.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Sorry but just can not understand you all A leader has one decent showing and you are all saying how good he is and what he satnds for is briliant What a pile of crap .Have a GOOD look at their policies and although some might sound fantastic HOW practical are they? Also as far as the war in Afghanistan is concerned .We have to do it because if we didnt it would be a breeding place for terorists.the only thing i have against that is other countries send their troops there but they are only allowed to go to certain places or do certain things.Its like listening to you all say how good Dave jones is or laedly or whoever and next week when we lose they are crap

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:01 pm

ledley

Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:41 pm

john52 wrote:Sorry but just can not understand you all A leader has one decent showing and you are all saying how good he is and what he satnds for is briliant What a pile of crap .Have a GOOD look at their policies and although some might sound fantastic HOW practical are they? Also as far as the war in Afghanistan is concerned .We have to do it because if we didnt it would be a breeding place for terorists.the only thing i have against that is other countries send their troops there but they are only allowed to go to certain places or do certain things.Its like listening to you all say how good Dave jones is or laedly or whoever and next week when we lose they are crap

So what do you suggest vote the candidate who puts up the worst performance? Clegg has rightly got a boost in the polls because his performance was the best and most statesman like out of the 3 on show.

All the parties have policies which need to be looked at not just the Lib Dems and as for Afghanistan we have been there since 2001 but that didn't stop the terrorist attacks in Bali, Madrid or London did it?

It is a free ballot and of the 3 so far the Lib Dems have the policies and leader that appeal to me the most whether you like it or not.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 1:54 pm

I live in a Liberal Democrats area and I have always supported the views of the Liberal Democrats because they've always been the most 'human'. Nick Clegg has impressed me over the last few weeks to the stage of where I genuinely think the Liberal Democrats can cause an upset. The funny thing is Clegg hasn't done anything amazing or profound. He's just been realistic. He's also focused on what he wants his party to do rather than focusing on cutting the other parties down.

People have always said the Liberal Democrats aren't experienced enough to lead the country. Well, with the two main parties being so atrociously led, now is the time for us to give them a chance in my opinion.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Loony Party for me, at least we can have a laugh when Britain falls on its arse.

A few pointers may get me voting.

1; Stop all this PC bullshit, if your fat your fat.

2; Immigration

3; 25 hour working week for the same money as before and up your Holiday to 20 weeks per year like the sciving polititions.

4; I dont give a shit if one Banana is bendier than another it still tastes the same, stop wasting time.

5; Bring in sensible sentencing, Pedo get life.

6; Stop the gap between haves and haves not being so wide. Yes you invented the Wheel, but is it fair that you have 10 cars, 5 Holidays, 6 Houses, 3 boats and an aeroplane when somepeople cant afford meals for their kids ? Have 2 cars, 2 Holidays, 2 houses, 1 boat, and a glider and spread the wealth. :)

7; ....

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:1; Stop all this PC bullshit, if your fat your fat.

Hahaha, comedy gold! I'd vote for you mate! :D

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:03 pm

Its easy to say being there didnt stop all the terrorism but what have they stopped being there? We have heard on several occassions in the past how things develop over there You will never stop it all in the same way you will never stop all the hooligans

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:06 pm

john52 wrote:Sorry but just can not understand you all A leader has one decent showing and you are all saying how good he is and what he satnds for is briliant What a pile of crap .Have a GOOD look at their policies and although some might sound fantastic HOW practical are they? Also as far as the war in Afghanistan is concerned .We have to do it because if we didnt it would be a breeding place for terorists.the only thing i have against that is other countries send their troops there but they are only allowed to go to certain places or do certain things.Its like listening to you all say how good Dave jones is or laedly or whoever and next week when we lose they are crap

John I am just saying well done to Clegg for putting a good show on and come on the rest of you buck up.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:07 pm

John I am just saying well done to Clegg for putting a good show on and come on the rest of you buck up.