Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

When The Malaysians Come In

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Do you think they will honour Ridsdales pledge of a 5 year price freeze on season tickets ?

If you was a new owner you would want to look at all options to maximise your income streams and you would be disappointed to know there are certain income streams fixed for a period of time, which happens to begin at your tenure.

Re: When The Malaysians Come In

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:17 pm

carlccfc wrote:Do you think they will honour Ridsdales pledge of a 5 year price freeze on season tickets ?

If you was a new owner you would want to look at all options to maximise your income streams and you would be disappointed to know there are certain income streams fixed for a period of time, which happens to begin at your tenure.

I am 50/50 about what they will do on this.
If I am Honest I would do it, but add on a twist to some how keep some of the money as it was THE IDIOT RIDSDALE WHO SET ALL THIS UP NOT ME.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:20 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Do you think they will honour Ridsdales pledge of a 5 year price freeze on season tickets ?

I am 50/50 about what they will do on this.
If I am Honest I would do it, but add on a twist to some how keep some of the money as it was THE IDIOT RIDSDALE WHO SET ALL THIS UP NOT ME.

Guess they cant offer shares now that they are buying them all up. But that could have been an option otherwise.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:21 pm

its a hard one that carl because im led to believe that that particular promise was another one of his lies just to sell the tickets.
as nobody has anything in writing i dont think we would have a leg to stand on as nobody has brought a challenge over the selling of tickets to fund player investment scam.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 pm

oh and by the way carl you should never use ridsdale and honour in the same sentence :lol:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:24 pm

steve davies wrote:

oh and by the way carl you should never use ridsdale and honour in the same sentence :lol:

:lol:

I agree Steve, It wasnt really a pledge, more of a lie and his dirty spin :evil:

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:25 pm

steve davies wrote:

Steve basic error on my part :o

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:27 pm

I dont think it would be a good business move for them to alienate such a large group of loyal supports. I would be surprised if they didnt follow up with it.

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 pm

Yep honour it for Platinum Ambos and increase the price for the rest to compensate.........

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:49 pm

They should honour them, they put the money into the club when it needed it most.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:13 am

2blue2handle wrote:I dont think it would be a good business move for them to alienate such a large group of loyal supports. I would be surprised if they didnt follow up with it.

I have to fully agree with you 2b2h. If the Malaysians are as switched on as we are led to believe then pissing off 10,500 of their best customers wouldn't be a very wise move.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:43 am

yes. but when ????????????????????

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:55 pm

I'd be surprised if they don't honour it.

Regardless of who announced it - it was done by the club. Would be unwise to let down the supporters like that. I would imagine Trading Standards would have a field day with it if they failed to honour it. Does anyone have the deal in writing?

Also, weren't the Malaysians already on the scene when it was announced, and if not they must be very aware of the deal now, and for some time?

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:05 pm

paul we were told that if we renewed the money raised would be used to buy players but that never happened.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm

The cashback deal will be an interesting 1 if they dont stick to it. We are a few games off winning another season ticket now :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:paul we were told that if we renewed the money raised would be used to buy players but that never happened.

There was a given reason for that though Carl. The club had to use the cash for "other" important bills at the time. "IF" we win promotion (notice the big "IF") then they have no excuse. ;)

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:26 pm

Yes it was in writing. The offer as stated at the time was legally binding. The people who take it over belong to the company that put this offer on. The leaflets, the newspaper advertisement stated that if new owners come in the offer still stands.
They could leave themselves open to be sued if they didn't honour it. The supporters could at the very least get there money back as there are laws to stop products being sold ie misleadingly or fraudulently. Ridsdale could also find a law suit against him.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:37 pm

carlccfc wrote:paul we were told that if we renewed the money raised would be used to buy players but that never happened.

Fair point Carl, but I'm going on the basis that I expect the Malaysian's to be much more honest and genuine than some folk!