Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sheff Weds + Play Off Ticket

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:20 pm

I have learned that the club are not going to offer anyone who buys a Sheff Weds ticket the guarantee of a Play Off semi final ticket. Very strange decision I think.

But they will announce that if you buy a season ticket you will guarantee yourself a Play Off semi final ticket and a Final ticket if we make it.

Very poor marketing decision by someone in the club if you ask me but hey ho who are we.

Re: Sheff Weds + Play Off Ticket

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:44 pm

I think that is a good move by the club.

With only a few thousand left for Sheff Wed why not go to the next level, there are well over 12,000 season tickets available to buy so why not offer play-off ticket guarantees with every ST, then they will bump up ST sales.

The play-offs is this years selling point, just like the New Stadium was last years and the FA Cup Final the year before that.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:45 pm

It gives them a greater money boost if they offer that promotion - I for one can't afford a ST till September/October so won't be renewing till then.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:46 pm

They need to do something regarding the Season ticket Sales 14 Sold since First week of January.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 pm

Goingto renew mine for my birthday on May 1st :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:00 pm

wayne the difference between now and previous years is that no one is going to buy a season ticket for a semi final but i would say they would for the final. But we are not in the final so there is the mistake, if they done this offer after winning the semis then i agree but not before.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:21 pm

carlccfc wrote:wayne the difference between now and previous years is that no one is going to buy a season ticket for a semi final but i would say they would for the final. But we are not in the final so there is the mistake, if they done this offer after winning the semis then i agree but not before.

This way the club will get some takers who want to guarantee a semi final ticket and then when we win the semi the flood gates will open in order to get a Final ticket.

If they leave the deal for the final and we don't make it, they miss out on those who are willing to buy NOW.

There is more to gain from the Season ticket deal than offering them for Sheff Wed tickets.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:47 pm

carlccfc wrote:wayne the difference between now and previous years is that no one is going to buy a season ticket for a semi final but i would say they would for the final. But we are not in the final so there is the mistake, if they done this offer after winning the semis then i agree but not before.

They might open up the offer for Sheff Weds tickets at a later date.

£500 per season ticket. They will do well to sell 100 - thats £50k in.

As I'm sure Annis will confirm they are desperate to sell them.

I'm sure there would be another push IF/WHEN we get to the final.