Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU THINK CARDIFF PLAYERS / FOOTBALLERS IN GENERAL.......

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:53 pm

do enough for local schools and communities ??

I was at a junior school in canton today, who have really worked hard on the 'give racism the red card' campaign and teaching the kids right and wrong etc (LOTS OF KIDS FOLLOW THE CITY)

today the teacher was telling me when they asked cardiff for a player (certain player) to spare a few minutes to meet the kids at school, cardiff city said NO!!!

they then got a player from reading to come down to do the job at a school situated a stones throw away from the CCS...........

pathetic, lazy, out of order, or just poor people skills from the club ??? who knows..... but i was shocked !! :twisted:

Re: DO YOU THINK CARDIFF PLAYERS / FOOTBALLERS IN GENERAL.......

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:00 pm

That is pathetic. If there were prior commitments they should have offered the school days when their wishes could be granted.
Good public relations is so important in the community and the riddler if hes doing anything these days should look at this example and put it right.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:04 pm

ridofrid wrote:That is pathetic. If there were prior commitments they should have offered the school days when their wishes could be granted.
Good public relations is so important in the community and the riddler if hes doing anything these days should look at this example and put it right.

it is pathetic, im there to coach cricket on behalf of glamorgan , but spend most of my time talking to the kids about cardiff city, and it was embarrasing. leroy resionour ended up coming in with a young reading player at the last minute after cardiff let them down by refusing to go :twisted:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Milly was that down to the player or the PR staff at CCS?

I'm sure the player wouldn't have minded, but the CCS didn't see it public enough (e.g no media)

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Dafydd wrote:Milly was that down to the player or the PR staff at CCS?

I'm sure the player wouldn't have minded, but the CCS didn't see it public enough (e.g no media)

teacher just said cardiff said no, they specificly asked for bothroyd.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:00 pm

They Def Dont and they all have hours and hours off Free time, They spend it in the bookies.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:04 pm

and this is so important to local communities,i can only assume its CCS,they forget that to many people footballers are like gods and for these players to spend an hour a month in the community means so much to the ORDINARY folk :ayatollah:

Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:05 pm

They do a lot of work that is unheard of, on the money they are on they could do a lot more though no doubt.

Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:47 pm

an afternoon of sport in this school is like winning the lottery to them, its a poor school, f**k all facilites, ruff as 10 bears, theyd give anything for a city player to walk through the doors, loadsa kids do my lessons in city shirts, and players cant give up 20mins after training once in while when the schools asks THEM to back a nationwide campaign...REALLY PISSES ME OFF!!!