Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Hooliganism are the Police after the wrong type ?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:43 am

It seems to me, i don't know what others opinions are but there are the breed now that like to pick of small groups target scarfers basically cheap shots and cowardice. I'm talking Newcastle, QPR , to mention a few.
Don't get me wrong if two people or two groups want a row then game on but when they target fans that want to watch the game and are not interested in a row that is bang out of order.
Why aren't the firms of these teams keeping there own house in order? I remember some time ago two Brighton shirters got done at our place that made our firm look bad. If im right in saying it got sorted in house and those guys would never do that again.
The Police are targeting the firms that only go after other firms whilst those slimy scum are getting away with picking of innocent shirters. Baz got attacked on Saturday because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Me and my mate were with a group that were very tasty indeed and walking to the ground none of these assholes made a move on us because simply they would of come unstuck big time.
Away supporters can move freely around our City as long as they keep it sensible but that courtesy doesn't extend to our supporters. Pisses me off.

Re: Hooliganism are the Police after the wrong type ?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:53 am

think its a case of "there are no in house firms" what i mean is.... when they all used to meet up, bigh bunch of lads having a leader , organising fights etc it doesn't happen anymore

its just druken coked up lads looking for a punch up, or come accross other teams fans and want to give them a slap

thats all it is

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:55 am

the police at QPR on Sat should have had a higher profile before the game just like they did afterwards and also they should have moved on all those QPR twats who were safe n sound behind the police and the fences but mouthing off trying to wind our lot up ! :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:56 am

I agree totally with you and it is total cowardice. If you just want to watch your team, you should be allowed to do so in total safety without fear for your own, or your family's security. But perhaps some of our fans are paying the price of different club's firms around the country getting humiliated in the past on their own patch by our lads. Maybe fans from clubs like QPR don't have a problem when they go away because they've never been a real problem in the past and have never had a reputation like us, Millwall, West Ham, etc and they don't travel in the numbers that we do

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:58 am

As I said in an earlier post, my mate was a shirter and he got done at QPR.

It's all a load of shit, just a bunch of dicks thinking that punching a shirter is a load of fun.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:04 am

I know exactly what u mean , it must be dead easy for someone to see a Cardiff fan in his City shirt then 2 or 3 belt him then boldly announce theyve done the Soul Crew , I think thats exactly what it is these days ! I walk past lots of away fans on the way to CCS most home games and there is never any probs at all , thats how it should be . :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:14 am

Martyn1963 wrote:I know exactly what u mean , it must be dead easy for someone to see a Cardiff fan in his City shirt then 2 or 3 belt him then boldly announce theyve done the Soul Crew , I think thats exactly what it is these days ! I walk past lots of away fans on the way to CCS most home games and there is never any probs at all , thats how it should be . :ayatollah:

And it's good that they feel they can have a drink in safety down here. I remember the geordies were having some good banter in the Cross before their game here, but the same geordies were pretty quiet walking back past the pub after the game. If only we could have foreseen then what woulod have unfolded up there

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:27 am

Totally Agree Stevo! the same clubs do it week in week out.

Bristol City (famous for it at Ashton Gate picking off dribs and drabs anyone will do!)
-QPR (Apparently very active Young Firm who don't know the rules)

Would you take on our mob full on !!

:?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:34 am

Christ
half the teams that visit this season have had fans in the ninian drinking, being polite not mouthing off just having a chat with a bit of banter, as was said the geordies were in the bar having a sing off while some were in the car park having a football match against the city, if your not out for it and its not a pre-meet then back off.

stella warriors most of them

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am

I agree that the mugs who jump scarfers etc are clowns and are bullys,but in our case most people who got hit at newcastle and qpr wear the footy clobber so therefore are always putting themselves in the firing line,as i stated,to get jumped is wrong but if these people are dressed and walking the streets away, they will always be in the firing line and therefore should expect the possibility of confrontation,so it is down to the individual what they want to do.get slapped,fight,or dont put themselves in that position in the first place.They have the choice!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:55 am

Yes, they do have a choice but isn't it rather sad?

During my regular away days many years ago I rarely wore any colours. You quickly learn't how to avoid any trouble and I never got involved.

I think it's fantastic to see away fans at CCS walking freely around the ground and occasionally in local pubs. That's how it should be week in week out.

Nottage Blue makes an excellent point, one I alluded to in a different thread. Our fans are being targeted due to a reputation built up years ago, and some are paying a heavy prioce.

I know that many on here balk at some of the sentances/banning orders handed down by the courts of late but to me it's the right approach. Anyone convicted of violent disorder, assault, etc. at a football match should receive a stiff sentance.

I want these people off our streets and well away from football matches, so that the vast majority of all football fans can go and watch their team without fear of being attacked. Is that too much to ask?

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:06 am

at QPR a cardiff fan i believe to have been wearing a city shirt, got punched spent the night in hospital with broken jaw.
and while we were being marched down the road after the game like sheep, a boy who would have been no older than about 8 got kicked full on by a police horse. when cardiff fans reacted the copper on top simply laughed and became very arragont!

poor policing, poor stewarding (inside) and a few wankers bowed up in the sun decided to have a pop at a few of us!! PATHETIC!!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 am

they moaned like f**k about trouble after the Swansea game up there , clearly lessons not learnt by QPR stewards or indeed the Met OB !

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 am

Martyn1963 wrote:they moaned like f**k about trouble after the Swansea game up there , clearly lessons not learnt by QPR stewards or indeed the Met OB !

maybe instead of having what seemed like hundreds of coppers around the 2 pubs we were in, they should be on south african road, stopping what they say is trouble that happens on a weekly basis

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:16 am

milly44 wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:they moaned like f**k about trouble after the Swansea game up there , clearly lessons not learnt by QPR stewards or indeed the Met OB !

maybe instead of having what seemed like hundreds of coppers around the 2 pubs we were in, they should be on south african road, stopping what they say is trouble that happens on a weekly basis

exactly , there wasnt a copper insight hardly on the walk to the ground . But afterwards they were everywhere !!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:22 am

Martyn1963 wrote:
milly44 wrote:

exactly , there wasnt a copper insight hardly on the walk to the ground . But afterwards they were everywhere !!

it seemed like ages that me baz and skunky were being surrounded by the COCKneys outside the ground, without a copper insight :twisted:

even then it took a cardiff copper (simon) to be first there, so what the f**k where there lot doing????

south wales police have it sorted to be fair, elsewhere are a joke and only make the problems worse for themselves !!!

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:27 am

gup-1 wrote:I agree that the mugs who jump scarfers etc are clowns and are bullys,but in our case most people who got hit at newcastle and qpr wear the footy clobber so therefore are always putting themselves in the firing line,as i stated,to get jumped is wrong but if these people are dressed and walking the streets away, they will always be in the firing line and therefore should expect the possibility of confrontation,so it is down to the individual what they want to do.get slapped,fight,or dont put themselves in that position in the first place.They have the choice!

Sorry but the guys that got done on Sat didnt wear clobber as you put it they had City shirts on. :evil:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 am

I noticed some of the guys from my bus were being a bit boisterous outside the main stand and on the way to the ground and having the odd bit of verbal and eye to eye with some QPR lot , but not a copper to be seen until we got to the away end !

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:29 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
gup-1 wrote:I agree that the mugs who jump scarfers etc are clowns and are bullys,but in our case most people who got hit at newcastle and qpr wear the footy clobber so therefore are always putting themselves in the firing line,as i stated,to get jumped is wrong but if these people are dressed and walking the streets away, they will always be in the firing line and therefore should expect the possibility of confrontation,so it is down to the individual what they want to do.get slapped,fight,or dont put themselves in that position in the first place.They have the choice!

Sorry but the guys that got done on Sat didnt wear clobber as you put it they had City shirts on. :evil:

I know of 4 seperate incidents at QPR, 3 of them were young boys in cardiff shirts, the other was baz and they dont do his size :lol:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:33 am

It was easy for them to find Baz coz they were looking out for the famous CCFC Monkeyfacer , his reputation outdoes that of the Soul Crew . Monkeyfacing is the new hooliganism it seems :lol: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:35 am

Claude Blue wrote:Yes, they do have a choice but isn't it rather sad?

During my regular away days many years ago I rarely wore any colours. You quickly learnt how to avoid any trouble and I never got involved.

I think it's fantastic to see away fans at CCS walking freely around the ground and occasionally in local pubs. That's how it should be week in week out.

Nottage Blue makes an excellent point, one I alluded to in a different thread. Our fans are being targeted due to a reputation built up years ago, and some are paying a heavy price.

I know that many on here balk at some of the sentences/banning orders handed down by the courts of late but to me it's the right approach. Anyone convicted of violent disorder, assault, etc. at a football match should receive a stiff sentence.

I want these people off our streets and well away from football matches, so that the vast majority of all football fans can go and watch their team without fear of being attacked. Is that too much to ask?

Sorry cant agree with you there Claude the assholes who attack innocent fans get away scott free whilst the firms they are targeting are getting over the top sentencing. Peados don't even get 14 months in fact the vast majority receive f**k all whilst burglars will not be sent to prison until they have been caught for the millionth time.
And you may or may not agree with me here but if it wasn't for our firm a lot more of our supporters would be attacked. The only reason those QPR fans didn't attack after the game was because they would of come unstuck so they kept to the tactic of picking off scarfers on there own. They are f*cking COWARDS.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:42 am

sullysoul wrote:Totally Agree Stevo! the same clubs do it week in week out.

Bristol City (famous for it at Ashton Gate picking off dribs and drabs anyone will do!)
-QPR (Apparently very active Young Firm who don't know the rules)

Would you take on our mob full on !!

:?

You would of loved it Sat Jules. hope to see you at the play offs. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:44 am

It's the age old question.

Are our fans targetted because of our reputation?

Are our fans protected by our hooligan element?

It's my belief that it's the former.

I'm not interested if these thugs are part of an organised gang looking for like minded opposing fans, or individuals/groups targetting so-called "scarfers." I'd throw the book at the lot of them.

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:56 am

its all about bragging rites and reputation just like years ago a bunch of Swansea fans chasing a bunch of kids into the sea then boasting for years about it , no doubt if it was a few Millwall fans on the beach theyd be saying the same too ! So just like the QPR fans on Sat having pops at the odd 1 or 2 wearing City colours ...... then hiding behind fences and the OB when the numbers were slighty unfavourable !

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:08 am

as someone said above, it seems all respect and unwritten rules have gone. like minded individuals fighting each other is difrent to picking on innocent boys proudly wearing their city shirts while buying a hot dog.

lets face it though, this is a problem everywhere, i have been to most away games this year, driven to a few and happily sat in the home team pubs, with no trouble,uts a case of wrong place wrong time. (mostly)

before this goes to far, we arnt immune to the problem, its football culture thesedays.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:15 am

milly44 wrote: happily sat in the home team pubs, with no trouble,uts a case of wrong place wrong time. (mostly)

Mind you, you do have to watch which pubs you drink in. I'm sure Cardiff's no different to many places up and down the country. I mean, there are pubs here you can wear your City shirt in and some you wouldn't, no matter how well behaved you are

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:21 am

Nottage Blue wrote:
milly44 wrote: happily sat in the home team pubs, with no trouble,uts a case of wrong place wrong time. (mostly)

Mind you, you do have to watch which pubs you drink in. I'm sure Cardiff's no different to many places up and down the country. I mean, there are pubs here you can wear your City shirt in and some you wouldn't, no matter how well behaved you are

The Swansea Jack ! :lol:

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

The Swansea Jack ! :lol:

not quit e :lol:

i got banned from the cricketers arms, outside st helens a few years back, (newport v swansea rugby)
for calling scott gibbs an over weight you man ;)

Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:13 pm

YES 100% The Govt/Police should be spending Our Resources on Rapists/Peados/Buglers/Knife merchants etc etc etc

They have CCTV every where now let that do the work at football.