Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HAS THE NEW OFFER CHANGED YOUR MIND

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:03 pm

About when you are going to buy your season Ticket, BE HONEST. ?

Re: HAS THE NEW OFFER CHANGED YOUR MIND

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:07 pm

I've never bought one before, though I go to over 70% of games....I'm going down in the morning to sign up...fingers crossed!!

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:50 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:I've never bought one before, though I go to over 70% of games....I'm going down in the morning to sign up...fingers crossed!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:About when you are going to buy your season Ticket, BE HONEST. ?

Yes -100% will now be buying mine. I'm on board the promotion bandwagon!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:54 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:About when you are going to buy your season Ticket, BE HONEST. ?

Yes -100% will now be buying mine. I'm on board the promotion bandwagon!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:04 pm

I was always going to renew my season ticket this year, then considered the 5 year plan thing, but this new offer has definately made me go for it. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:08 pm

I did a poll on the other site on this subject, and have had about 50 replies so far.

10% are not getting one
25% are buying one because of the offer
23% would be buying one anyway
42% have already got one.

So if this is representative (its a small sample, but a start) and 3500 have alredy bought then we were on to sell about 5500-6000 anyway and about 8000 now.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:I did a poll on the other site on this subject, and have had about 50 replies so far.

10% are not getting one
25% are buying one because of the offer
23% would be buying one anyway
42% have already got one.

So if this is representative (its a small sample, but a start) and 3500 have alredy bought then we were on to sell about 5500-6000 anyway and about 8000 now.

Can you put a poll on here Tim Please, I am useless on computers lol.

Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:40 pm

Clinched the deal for me, normally always renew a bit later in the season - Christmas costs enough as it is - but the chance of a freebie is too good to turn down. If I dont buy now it'll only be another couple of months before I shell out anyway.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:38 am

Already had mine, but this new offer has made me more than a little worried as to how skint we really are! :?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:57 am

If something involving money sounds to good to be true then it normally is.

It looks like a desperate measure to get some quick cash in and indicates that the present board are uncertain about the immediate future of the club.

Thanks but not today Peter. :evil:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:01 am

Defo. Surely there is not a better offer in the game at the mo.

ticket prices frozen for 5 years and free footy if they go up.! renewed bout 10 mins after i heard news on bbc this morning. To be honest reckon the price freeze alone is a good offer. the chance of free footy amazing. one week to xmas and 3 points of automatic - best position yet.

touch wood - on paper xmas dont look too scary.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:04 am

lully wrote:If something involving money sounds to good to be true then it normally is.

I have already bought mine so the extra incentive makes no difference.

However, I think you have sort of raised a very good point. This offer does seem too good to be true and I suppose in a way it is for those who buy season tickets every year, who are basically paying 'twice' for the same season.

To explain I paid for my season ticket via 5 month option December - April this year. Now only 7 months later I have 'paid' again for next season. Come next September just when I'm enjoying the benefits of that I will pay again for the following season and so on.

So in affect by stealth the club have actually managed to get a 'free season' out of me because I am always paying out for the following season, during the one I have already paid for.

So even if there is a refund because of promotion to the Premier League I will be paying that refund back almost immediately for the next season ticket (2011-12). Therefore the offer as you pointed out could be too good to be true. :lol:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:12 am

I was considering missing out this season for financial reasons but this offer long term is definitely more beneficial. I am still skeptical about us getting promoted this year. I am certain we can make the playoffs but promotion? I know I'm sounding pessimistic but still. I guess Premiership football does just seem like a dream to me and not a reality.

I'll go down before the Plymouth game or maybe the day after anyway and sign up. It just makes sense to those of us who intend on watching Cardiff games no matter what division we're in for the foreseeable future.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:16 am

Already bought mine a few weeks ago so this is an added bonus!

I think the whole strategy is a calculated risk and one worth taking after a strong start to the season. What's the worst it can mean if it doesn't come off? - sale of a player and a mediocre next season. If they don't push now then we'll never know what could have been. It adds up for an exciting second half to the season.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:17 am

I guess no-one can say the board isn't ambitious and doing all it can under the current circumstances to get us up.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:24 am

Zabier wrote:I guess no-one can say the board isn't ambitious and doing all it can under the current circumstances to get us up.

Exactly, 3M or whatever is desired is a plan with an exit strategy, it's not risking the entire financial stability of the club.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:27 am

was gonna renew in the new year as season ticket price was gonna be frozen anyhow. this deal has made me make the plunge straight away. an offer too to good to miss

Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:36 am

I was going to renew at some point but wasn't sure if I was going to get it before the new year though, I am going down Monday to sort mine out now!! :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:04 pm

It's pointless me getting one, as I'll be living in France next year (if I pass my uni exams!)

Watch us get promoted while I'm floundering out there.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:51 pm

The offer has not influenced my decision at all. I decided several weeks ago, when we were second or third in the table, that I would not renew next season. Whilst I will always maintain my love for Cardiff City, for a long time I have fallen out of love with football for so many reasons. It was only ever my intention to take in the last season at Ninian, which holds dear memories to me, and the first at our new stadium. Having seen the despicable way in which us the fans are being taken for granted and treated with such contempt by the club, I simply refuse to be a part of it. We have been asked for consecutive seasons to pay for season tickets 8 or 9 months in advance, to fund the academy, being fed propaganda the Nazi's or Tony Blair would be proud of whilst the club is run so shambolically it defies belief. I appreciate the majority will not agree with my views, understand them or even accept them, I am just speaking from the heart. While the chances of a takeover and possibly the glory years in the Prem are ahead of us, which I truly hope is the case, the infestation of football of finance and corporate nonsense has destroyed the game for me. I feel proud that I have seen us rise from the basement of the football league to the precipice of the Premiership and wish nothing but success for the club, but I refuse to have my love for Cardiff City taken for granted and abused by anyone. I cannot believe how badly our club has been run, firstly by Sam, now by Peter. Whilst Peter could potentially become an iconic figure should this investment come off, his financial management of our club during his reign has been little better than Sam's. I firmly believe the fans deserve better than to be treated as idiots and taken for granted in the way we have been, whilst who is to say the Malaysians are better than sliced bread? You only have to look at many other takeovers to see the turmoil they have caused, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Notts County, West Ham and so many more, whilst just to prove its not a foreign disease, Mike Ashley at Newcastle possibly tops the lot. Hopefully it will be onwards and upwards for Cardiff City with the fears I hold not coming to fruition, nor my absence being of importance due to the lure of Premiership football and the glory seekers that will inevitably entice. I will still watch, listen and occassionally take in a game whilst retaining a burning desire to see City being successful, but I will not be parting with my money for idiots to gamble with.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 pm