Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sky Sports News reporting

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:36 am

Cardiff city have had the winding up order against them dismissed by the high court, the club had been subject of the order by the inland revenue over an unpaid tax bill for £1.2 million.

The club has confirmed it has paid half of the bill and are scheduled to pay the rest before the end of the year.

Re: Sky Sports News reporting

Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:22 am

I assume that is where the Malaysian investment is currently going? Or is that why they wanted the season ticket money in before the end of the year?

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:06 am

i am surprised that this is being paid by the en of the year.

we were in court at the end of the november for £1.2 million and in a little over 5 weeks it will (?) be paid in full.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:58 am

Zabier wrote:I assume that is where the Malaysian investment is currently going? Or is that why they wanted the season ticket money in before the end of the year?

Up until the recent new offer 3000 season tickets had been sold. That would = £840,000 @ average of £280 per ticket. If the SSN report is correct and half of the £1.2m had been paid (£600,000) then it would seem that season ticket money is being used to clear the tax bill and the rest of the tax bill will be cleared when more tickets are sold before the end of the year.