Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Riccy's Called It A Day

Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:54 pm

A real shame. A top player when fully fit and always a 100%er.

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10335~1907728,00.html

Re: Riccy's Called It A Day

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:02 pm

I have so much respect for this guy and was so pleased to see him play against Preston and West Brom. I am gutted for him but his body has endured enough. A great servant to the club and I'll never forget his role when we charged to the top of the Championship.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks for everything u done at Cardiff, good luck in the future :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:17 pm

Always gave 100% and that is all I ever ask from a player in a City shirt. Good luck for the future Ricky!! :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:18 pm

A great distributor of the ball, he will be missed. A true professional :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way but I won't miss him.

My sympathy is with him as his career has eneded and he's a good guy, but he takes a good wage from city and contributes a couple of games a season. His playing contract should never have been renewed last summer.

His wages can be used on a player who will play for us.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Thank god for that, the guy was a leech to this club, soon as he was gone the better

yer "on his day blah blah blah" but when was "his day" Hardly ever!!!

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:38 pm

Ben wrote:Thank god for that, the guy was a leech to this club, soon as he was gone the better

Bloody hell Ben, I was trying to be diplomatic. :lol:

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:40 pm

i say it how it is :lol:

its true though, he's had 4 years to build his bank account up

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:50 pm

The year we were top of the championship for a while, riccy was superb, the last few years havent gone to plan with him being injured
against preston last week he was outstanding

Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:A real shame. A top player when fully fit and always a 100%er.

Has been a fantastic player for our team over the years and I for one will miss him. He has been unfortunate with injuries in the last year or so but that can happen to any player and I for one dont think any less of him for it. He leaves here (as a player) a winner for me , however I hope he stays on in some capacity for Cardiff City. Thanks Riccy.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:A real shame. A top player when fully fit and always a 100%er.

Very Sad, I had a lot of respect for him.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:06 pm

good luck rick, have a good retirement,

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:19 pm

Ben wrote:Thank god for that, the guy was a leech to this club, soon as he was gone the better

Is that a photo of you Ben? Maybe when you've grown a bit, you'll be a bit more respectful to a guy who's just retired through injury. Riccy didn't give himself a contract.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:21 pm

He definitely had more good days than bad. I wasn't his biggest fan when he first joined but he won me over and he's been nothing but a gentleman.

I haven't seen it as a waste of wages because whenever he has played outside of being injured he's been quality.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Dreamlike or Chic wrote:

Is that a photo of you Ben? Maybe when you've grown a bit, you'll be a bit more respectful to a guy who's just retired through injury. Riccy didn't give himself a contract.

Come on guys let's keep it good natured.

We all have different views and put them forward in different ways.

Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Great player his first season when we were top at christmas with Mcphail simply outstanding, sad loss bit now gives jones more options when bringing more players in, also gives Wildeg a great chnace, I personally would like Darcy back and given a run in his best position. :ayatollah: