Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How I Feel About How Our Club is Run

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 pm

In relation to a couple of threads elsewhere, this is how I feel about the latest season ticket offer of the club and how it potentially effects fans’ decisions to renew, how our club is and has been run, and the potential of Sam returning.

The offer has not influenced my decision at all. I decided several weeks ago, when we were second or third in the table, that I would not renew next season. Whilst I will always retain my love for Cardiff City, for a long time I have fallen out of love with football for so many reasons. It was only ever my intention to take in the last season at Ninian, which holds dear memories to me, and the first at our new stadium. Having seen the despicable way in which us the fans are being taken for granted and treated with such contempt by the club, I simply refuse to be a part of it. We have been asked for consecutive seasons to pay for season tickets 8 or 9 months in advance, to fund the academy, whilst being fed propaganda the Nazi's or Tony Blair would be proud of while the club is run so shambolically it defies belief. I appreciate the majority will not agree with my views, understand them, or even accept them, I am just speaking from the heart. While the chances of a takeover and possibly the glory years in the Prem are ahead of us, which I truly hope is the case, the infestation of football of finance and corporate nonsense has destroyed the game for me.

I feel proud that I have seen us rise from the nigh on basement of the football league to the precipice of the Premiership and wish nothing but success for the club, but I refuse to have my love for Cardiff City taken for granted and abused by anyone. I cannot believe how badly our club has been run, firstly by Sam, now by Peter. Whilst Peter could potentially become an iconic figure should this investment come off, his financial mismanagement of our club during his reign has been little better than Sam's. I firmly believe the fans deserve better than to be treated as idiots and taken for granted in the way we have been, whilst who is to say the Malaysians are necessarily better than sliced bread? You only have to look at many other takeovers to see the turmoil they have caused, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Notts County, West Ham and so many more, whilst just to prove its not a foreign disease, Mike Ashley at Newcastle possibly tops the lot. Hopefully it will be onwards and upwards for Cardiff City with the fears I hold not coming to fruition, nor my absence being of importance due to the lure of Premiership football and the glory seekers that will inevitably entice. I will still watch, listen and occasionally take in a game whilst retaining a burning desire to see City being successful, but I will not be parting with my money for idiots to gamble with.

As for Sam, despite his nigh on catastrophic running of our club, I find it impossible not to like him, love him almost, with his infectious personality, enthusiasm and charisma being simply unbelievable and I simply cannot look back on his reign as anything other than my most enjoyable time I have had regarding football. That said, his running of the club almost ran us into the ground and whilst Peter is not necessarily as much better as he portrays, I must confess to being reluctant in the extreme to welcoming back Sam, even though I yearn for his charisma. Ultimately for me, what I wish for the club is for it to be run properly and efficiently and to treat the fans with respect. Sam certainly treated the fans with respect by and large, but his ability to run a football club was almost non-existent. Apart from financial mismanagement, other things were neglected such as improving our reputation on several fronts of which hooliganism was certainly one. Credit to Peter, his savvy media skills have moved us forward in leaps and bounds on many fronts, even if his financial management is little better. So too it was only when Peter got involved that a suitable manager was appointed for the first time in Dave Jones. Whatever criticisms I have of Dave this year, I believe he has been simply exceptional for our club.

Of course there were many things Sam did get right, the Academy for instance is something that was his vision and is still reaping us rewards to the extreme now. So, much as I would adore to see Sam walking round the pitch, declaring one day we will be bigger than Barcelona and ceremonially perform the burning of the Welsh people's English club shirts as they exchange them for the red, green and white of Cardiff City (okay, maybe not the kit, but you know what I mean!), City fans do have a penchant for looking back rather than forward, no better exemplified by many’s wish list in the transfer market. Koumas, O'Neill, Routledge & so many more are always championed, despite being wholly unobtainable for whatever reason. Regarding the owner, I believe we should look to the future there too. Who it will be and what there motives will be, no-one knows for sure, all we can hope is that they will have the best interests of the club at heart. Actually that's a nonsense, any owner will have his own interests at heart, whether it be financial reward such as Peter, redemption for past failings, or in Sam's case, the bestowing of a country's adulation upon him. All we can hope, whatever there personal reward may be, is that we as a club can afford to give them that and we are treated with the respect football fans of any club deserve. Frankly, Peter is reaping rewards the club are wholly incapable of providing and treating us like idiots in the process too.

Re: How I Feel About How Our Club is Run

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:37 pm

Great post just the way i feel but if it wasnt for supporters like you we wouldnt be here now you must keep the faith pr wont be here forever but hopeful :ayatollah: ly are club will but will need all are support

Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:40 pm

saladthedragon wrote:In relation to a couple of threads elsewhere, this is how I feel about the latest season ticket offer of the club and how it potentially effects fans’ decisions to renew, how our club is and has been run, and the potential of Sam returning.

The offer has not influenced my decision at all. I decided several weeks ago, when we were second or third in the table, that I would not renew next season. Whilst I will always retain my love for Cardiff City, for a long time I have fallen out of love with football for so many reasons. It was only ever my intention to take in the last season at Ninian, which holds dear memories to me, and the first at our new stadium. Having seen the despicable way in which us the fans are being taken for granted and treated with such contempt by the club, I simply refuse to be a part of it. We have been asked for consecutive seasons to pay for season tickets 8 or 9 months in advance, to fund the academy, whilst being fed propaganda the Nazi's or Tony Blair would be proud of while the club is run so shambolically it defies belief. I appreciate the majority will not agree with my views, understand them, or even accept them, I am just speaking from the heart. While the chances of a takeover and possibly the glory years in the Prem are ahead of us, which I truly hope is the case, the infestation of football of finance and corporate nonsense has destroyed the game for me.

excellent post, i actually agree with most of that.

I feel proud that I have seen us rise from the nigh on basement of the football league to the precipice of the Premiership and wish nothing but success for the club, but I refuse to have my love for Cardiff City taken for granted and abused by anyone. I cannot believe how badly our club has been run, firstly by Sam, now by Peter. Whilst Peter could potentially become an iconic figure should this investment come off, his financial mismanagement of our club during his reign has been little better than Sam's. I firmly believe the fans deserve better than to be treated as idiots and taken for granted in the way we have been, whilst who is to say the Malaysians are necessarily better than sliced bread? You only have to look at many other takeovers to see the turmoil they have caused, Portsmouth, Liverpool, Notts County, West Ham and so many more, whilst just to prove its not a foreign disease, Mike Ashley at Newcastle possibly tops the lot. Hopefully it will be onwards and upwards for Cardiff City with the fears I hold not coming to fruition, nor my absence being of importance due to the lure of Premiership football and the glory seekers that will inevitably entice. I will still watch, listen and occasionally take in a game whilst retaining a burning desire to see City being successful, but I will not be parting with my money for idiots to gamble with.

As for Sam, despite his nigh on catastrophic running of our club, I find it impossible not to like him, love him almost, with his infectious personality, enthusiasm and charisma being simply unbelievable and I simply cannot look back on his reign as anything other than my most enjoyable time I have had regarding football. That said, his running of the club almost ran us into the ground and whilst Peter is not necessarily as much better as he portrays, I must confess to being reluctant in the extreme to welcoming back Sam, even though I yearn for his charisma. Ultimately for me, what I wish for the club is for it to be run properly and efficiently and to treat the fans with respect. Sam certainly treated the fans with respect by and large, but his ability to run a football club was almost non-existent. Apart from financial mismanagement, other things were neglected such as improving our reputation on several fronts of which hooliganism was certainly one. Credit to Peter, his savvy media skills have moved us forward in leaps and bounds on many fronts, even if his financial management is little better. So too it was only when Peter got involved that a suitable manager was appointed for the first time in Dave Jones. Whatever criticisms I have of Dave this year, I believe he has been simply exceptional for our club.

Of course there were many things Sam did get right, the Academy for instance is something that was his vision and is still reaping us rewards to the extreme now. So, much as I would adore to see Sam walking round the pitch, declaring one day we will be bigger than Barcelona and ceremonially perform the burning of the Welsh people's English club shirts as they exchange them for the red, green and white of Cardiff City (okay, maybe not the kit, but you know what I mean!), City fans do have a penchant for looking back rather than forward, no better exemplified by many’s wish list in the transfer market. Koumas, O'Neill, Routledge & so many more are always championed, despite being wholly unobtainable for whatever reason. Regarding the owner, I believe we should look to the future there too. Who it will be and what there motives will be, no-one knows for sure, all we can hope is that they will have the best interests of the club at heart. Actually that's a nonsense, any owner will have his own interests at heart, whether it be financial reward such as Peter, redemption for past failings, or in Sam's case, the bestowing of a country's adulation upon him. All we can hope, whatever there personal reward may be, is that we as a club can afford to give them that and we are treated with the respect football fans of any club deserve. Frankly, Peter is reaping rewards the club are wholly incapable of providing and treating us like idiots in the process too.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:36 pm

I did reply to this on the other forum (ccmb) some things posted are very true - others i disagree with.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:56 pm

Cheers for your comments guys. I realise there could be a very emotive response to my decision which many may not understand, but what I hope came across was how heartfelt it was. Whether you agree or not is all part of these debates, but just as I can accept others reasons for purchasing and indeed admire your faith, I hope you can appreciate where I am coming from, even if you do not agree. Today's crazy news regarding the postponement shows the ineptitude of how the club is being run and further exemplifies how dire our finances are. The vast wages that management are on and no-one thinks it might be an idea to have undersoil heating ready for ecember?! Absolute idiots running our club, I cannot put into words the disdain I hold for these clowns.

Those of you hardy, loyal souls who have stumped up the cash partly because it will help strengthen in January, I would stress in the strongest possible terms, do you honestly really believe anything Peter says? Scimeca's retirement may free up some funds, though sad as it is, it shows the folly of giving him a contract in the first place. Any other fringe players who might move on may also free up nominal funds, but lets face it, the only way remotely substantial targets will be acquired is if even more substantial players head the other way, such as Matthews, McCormack, Burke or even Bothroyd. As for Ledley, frankly I don't care what happens to him or how much we get for him. While I like Peter as a person and do believe he has done much good for our club, there is so much more that is utterly incomprehensible as to how disgracefully the club is run.

Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Ok mate, we get your point, but its our club and we want to support it...if you want to turn your back on it...its your choice...feel free to come back one day..

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:28 am

Seems quite an appropriate time to bring the original post up. I would urge all supporters to do what they can to get this lying vermin out of our club. It's beginning to seem that even fans of his reign have finally lost faith and not before time.

Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:39 am

saladthedragon wrote:Seems quite an appropriate time to bring the original post up. I would urge all supporters to do what they can to get this lying vermin out of our club. It's beginning to seem that even fans of his reign have finally lost faith and not before time.

Well said. I will support CCFC whatever league we are in. I dont go regularly as i am an exile and football is an expensive day out. I shall be there next sat for my 3rd ccfc game at the new stadium (only going as it is youngest sons 6th birthday treat) bringing this seasons spending on the club to close on 300 quid.

For me next weeks game shall be my last for a long time. I'm fed up with the financial rape of my club.

SACK THE BOARD