Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

would you prefer to be back in the old division 4 ?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:35 pm

with success come the need to be more conglomorate. I had some wondeful years down the city when we were in the lower leagues but thats not to say i dont enjoy challenging for the top spots

we've come a long way from the days where i used to buy 2 echos and get in for a pound but does the conglomorism breed contempt?

i can understand the chelsea fans are angry that there are now so many fairweather fans who go just because of the success. Born from this was the song

'**** off wherever you may be, We are the famous Chelsea FC
So please sit down, so my wife can see,
We are the famous CFC'

How times change in football, but what do people prefer, the old days or trying to get into these top divisions? A lot of people ive spoke to and posts ive read seem to pine for the years of days gone by

yet one of our famous moments which old timers like to remember is the Real Madrid match

what as a fan would you prefer?

Re: would you prefer to be back in the old division 4 ?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:09 pm

i loved the days when we were down in the basement leagues
but at this moment in time and we are challenging for promotion to the premier league with 20,000 + fans there most week

i wouldnt change a thing at the moment

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:21 pm

hmmmm er no !

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:50 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:with success come the need to be more conglomorate. I had some wondeful years down the city when we were in the lower leagues but thats not to say i dont enjoy challenging for the top spots

we've come a long way from the days where i used to buy 2 echos and get in for a pound but does the conglomorism breed contempt?

i can understand the chelsea fans are angry that there are now so many fairweather fans who go just because of the success. Born from this was the song

'**** off wherever you may be, We are the famous Chelsea FC
So please sit down, so my wife can see,
We are the famous CFC'

How times change in football, but what do people prefer, the old days or trying to get into these top divisions? A lot of people ive spoke to and posts ive read seem to pine for the years of days gone by

yet one of our famous moments which old timers like to remember is the Real Madrid match

what as a fan would you prefer?

it's a debate I have in my head mnay a time, but i think it's like anything everything always seems better when you think back but may not have been.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:58 pm

I loved those days Beyond, and I knew everyone who went away with the City and I will never forget them, but I had a DREAM and it was to climb the leagues and were doing it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:09 pm

yes :cry: and no :D