Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

peter ridsdale

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:09 pm

why are most people on this site having a go at peter.i think he as done a wonderfull job at cardiff and all you fans should be greatfull he is at our club.we will get to the promised lad and then you might say he done a good job.

Re: peter ridsdale

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:17 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:why are most people on this site having a go at peter.i think he as done a wonderfull job at cardiff and all you fans should be greatfull he is at our club.we will get to the promised lad and then you might say he done a good job.

What has he done that's so brilliant though? I bet there are a lot of Chairmen that could have done the same, if not better for a smaller wage!
We've paid off none of Sam's debt, and managed to accumulate a lot more. Sold our best players again and still managed to make a loss.
We seem to have massive cashflow problems again, with us needing to agree payment terms with HMRC to pay our tax. I'd hate to think who else we owe money to if we aren't able to pay the taxman, they've gotta be pretty high up there on the payables so I doubt any other debts have been paid before this.
There's still talk of contractors not having been paid for the stadium work, but PR still get's paid bonuses on top of his already handsome wage

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:18 pm

What's he done that warrants his £1m+ per year wage?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:19 pm

BluebirdsFan101 wrote:What's he done that warrants his £1m+ per year wage?

Exactly

It's not as if the things he has done are being done as a favour, It's his job!

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:24 pm

1mil a year where do you get all your figures from i think you need to go to companys house and find out for sure what is wages are before you start shouting about it

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:26 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:1mil a year where do you get all your figures from i think you need to go to companys house and find out for sure what is wages are before you start shouting about it

that's not far off what he's had in the last couple of years, around a £500k salary and various large bonuses.
He earnt over £1m as per the last accounts I believe. Somebody will have the correct figures anyway

How much do you think he's being paid?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:34 pm

a lot less than 1 million when we are in the promised lad i think all of you will have a diffrent take on my friend peter

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:36 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:a lot less than 1 million when we are in the promised lad i think all of you will have a diffrent take on my friend peter

how much?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:37 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:a lot less than 1 million when we are in the promised lad i think all of you will have a diffrent take on my friend peter

Is therealjimmyscoular actually therealpeterridsdale :lol:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:41 pm

Jesbrow wrote:

Is therealjimmyscoular actually therealpeterridsdale :lol:

Sounds like it :lol:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:46 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:why are most people on this site having a go at peter.i think he as done a wonderfull job at cardiff and all you fans should be greatfull he is at our club.we will get to the promised lad and then you might say he done a good job.

I respect your Opinion, PR is a Gentleman and a man of his word regarding anything I have asked of him, but regarding the finances of our Club, I am not happy how he manages them.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:50 pm

And all this is allegedly obviously.When you add up his wages, his bonus's, his expenses for Housing, multi car lease (what happens to the money for the sale of the cars at the end of the Lease payment) plus on top of the car costs I am also led to believe that there is a monthly travel costs allowance of £750/month on top of the free cars and free petrol, the rental of a house for him (told it's Robbie Fowlers old House, so that wont be £500/monthly, more like 5 grand/monthly.

Meals and entertainment expenses, flights around the world for investment and then wind up with a man who wrote to the club asking for a trial with the club.
And what about all the new six figure employees, do you think they don't get cars and housing and medical insurance etc.

I would estimate PR alone has cost well over a million pound a year,allegedly.

And during this period, record attendances, record season ticket sales, a cup final appearance and record player sales over and above any championship club, and we got cash flow problems. What would have happened without the cup run and huge player sales, we'd have gone under ages ago.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:54 pm

BigGwynram wrote:And all this is allegedly obviously.When you add up his wages, his bonus's, his expenses for Housing, multi car lease (what happens to the money for the sale of the cars at the end of the Lease payment) plus on top of the car costs I am also led to believe that there is a monthly travel costs allowance of £750/month on top of the free cars and free petrol, the rental of a house for him (told it's Robbie Fowlers old House, so that wont be £500/monthly, more like 5 grand/monthly.

Meals and entertainment expenses, flights around the world for investment and then wind up with a man who wrote to the club asking for a trial with the club.
And what about all the new six figure employees, do you think they don't get cars and housing and medical insurance etc.

I would estimate PR alone has cost well over a million pound a year,allegedly.

And during this period, record attendances, record season ticket sales, a cup final appearance and record player sales over and above any championship club, and we got cash flow problems. What would have happened without the cup run and huge player sales, we'd have gone under ages ago.

Gwyn with his Wages, Bonus,exspences and cars etc etc, I've worked he has cost Our Club about £5 mill in 3years in my opinion that is beyond.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:27 pm

thank you annis he is a gentleman and i believe peter will take us and our growing number of fans to the promised lad

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:28 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:thank you annis he is a gentleman and i believe peter will take us and our growing number of fans to the promised lad

What about his salary and bonuses then :lol:

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:30 pm

therealjimmyscoular wrote:thank you annis he is a gentleman and i believe peter will take us and our growing number of fans to the promised lad

Real Jimmy, I have still got Peters texts that says those words, he sent it to me 2 yrs ago and said he would take us there and then f**k off. Its not a joke, its in Shattered Dreams My book.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:38 pm

His tenure so far has some echoes of his Leeds days. He is a gentleman and he is willing to meet people head on and he never ducks any issue when asked or confronted about it. However, his business acumen in letting us get so far in debt when so much has been raised for the club (player sales and a cup final appearance) has to be called into question, surely?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:40 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:His tenure so far has some echoes of his Leeds days. He is a gentleman and he is willing to meet people head on and he never ducks any issue when asked or confronted about it. However, his business acumen in letting us get so far in debt when so much has been raised for the club (player sales and a cup final appearance) has to be called into question, surely?

Your right Andy, he hasnt changed since the Leeds days.

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:46 pm

You must have been in his office, Annis. Has he got blue and white fish yet?

Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:03 pm

annis he did say it two years ago and i think by the end of season we will be in the promised land and peter will be handing the club over a job well done.that is only my take on the matter everyone has there own and i do respect that