Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WILL YOU BE HONEST

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Are there any of you fellow City fans who use to follow Rugby, I promise I will still be your friend :lol: , NO SERIOUS IF SO WHAT MADE YOU TURN TO FOOTBALL ?

Re: WILL YOU BE HONEST

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:41 pm

After my first game(Colchester home in Dec 2007) I found the atmosphere to be totally different to rugby, and the more and more games I went to, the buzz just got better and better.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:42 pm

As a kid i used to watch my father play rugby, also when i was nine i was given a season ticket for Aberavon RFC by my school. Apart from that never watched rugby, never even been to watch a Welsh international.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:42 pm

I play rugby now and i enjoy it loads, love the game
but when city are home i dont play rugby as i go to the football
and also i try to fit in as many away games as possible

if i was made to chose i would follow the football

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Newblue wrote:After my first game(Colchester home in Dec 2007) I found the atmosphere to be totally different to rugby, and the more and more games I went to, the buzz just got better and better.

Great to have you on board, The football Atmosphere is another world to Rugby :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:46 pm

Football was my first love, BUT I was good at rugby so signed for the Blues but got injured so I came back to the city!!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:47 pm

I would rather slam my todger in the bathroom door than ever admiting to enjoying Thugby. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :help:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:I would rather slam my todger in the bathroom door than ever admiting to enjoying Thugby. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :help:

thats your opinion, i personally enjoy it :)

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:02 pm

Never been able to get into it, always been football for me. Mainly because of my father I guess, but even he likes rugby, but I can't stand it.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:03 pm

cefnblue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:I would rather slam my todger in the bathroom door than ever admiting to enjoying Thugby. :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :bootyshake: :help:

What slaming your todger in the bathroom door. :D :sad2:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
cefnblue wrote:

What slaming your todger in the bathroom door. :D :sad2:

:lol: knew that was coming

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:13 pm

:lol: knew that was coming[/quote]
- :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:16 pm

I think they are trying to convert all city fans to blues fans by not allowing us to stand! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:20 pm

Newblue wrote:I think they are trying to convert all city fans to blues fans by not allowing us to stand! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Very Funny, NEVER NEVER NEVER.

Me and Mike Hall had a big argument at a share holders meeting about 2 yrs ago, he said to me he couldnt wait for this new stadium, no standing, no banter, no swearing etc and then he said it will be like real atmosphere at the rugby, all I will say is, we fell out big time, NEVER SPOKE SINCE AND I NEVER INTEND TO AGAIN.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Newblue wrote:I think they are trying to convert all city fans to blues fans by not allowing us to stand! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me and Mike Hall had a big argument at a share holders meeting about 2 yrs ago, he said to me he couldnt wait for this new stadium, no standing, no banter, no swearing etc and then he said it will be like real atmosphere at the rugby, all I will say is, we fell out big time, NEVER SPOKE SINCE AND I NEVER INTEND TO AGAIN.

Do you think its ironic that blues fans can stand and don't, and city fans want to stand but can't ???

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Newblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Do you think its ironic that blues fans can stand and don't, and city fans want to stand but can't ???

Hmm I have never thought about that :evil:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:07 pm

i used to go to watch cardiff rfc when i was in school but always loved the atmosphere at footy games even tho we were shit then always remember my first big game when cardiff played york city ! and it was the first time i had seen the the grange end open hooked ever since

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:22 pm

Ihave watched rugby since i was 7yo in 1961 became a bloooobird about 1964/5. Followed city until late 80s then got pissed off we really were bad in div 4.Went back to rugby had a ST for about 15 years my son prefered football so i said if we get to div 2 like i watched as a lad we wud go. Now i cant get enough of it, lads in uni at slumsea so dont get back for everygame im having the time of my life again just renewed out tickets for next year ( hopefully in premier).As for atmoshere at rugby hes having a laugh theY all THINK ITS IMPROPER TO MAKE A NOISE . rob the blooobird.Hope i can still be allowed on this board Annis?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Are there any of you fellow City fans who use to follow Rugby, I promise I will still be your friend :lol: , NO SERIOUS IF SO WHAT MADE YOU TURN TO FOOTBALL ?

i still watch rugby and play when needed :o
i`ll get my coat :oops:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:26 pm

There seems to be a few city fans who also follow or played rugby. I thought they are incompatable. :D :D

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Are there any of you fellow City fans who use to follow Rugby, I promise I will still be your friend :lol: , NO SERIOUS IF SO WHAT MADE YOU TURN TO FOOTBALL ?

sorry annis but i used to play but only during the tony clemo years as i hated him almost as much as pr :lol:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:12 pm

i used to play the rugby, always first in bar after game to see the city result come thro on tv. now i packed in im down the city supportin the boys.. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:15 pm

I was forced to play Egg when I was a child and I hated it with a passion and still do, crazy thing is Im Cardiff born and Bred and when Pontypridd would play Cardiff Id always support Ponty. I HATE CARDIFF EGG

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:45 pm

eggheads are worse than man utd and liverpool supporters in our country.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:48 pm

Ninian 72 wrote:eggheads are worse than man utd and liverpool supporters in our country.

please tell me you are on a wind up?

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:53 pm

steve davies wrote:

sorry annis but i used to play but only during the tony clemo years as i hated him almost as much as pr :lol:

Ha ha I will forgive you Steve, I was there the night Clemos travel agents got smashed and then when he came with the police every one still waited for him, I prefer him than PR.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:55 pm

cefnblue wrote:
Ninian 72 wrote:eggheads are worse than man utd and liverpool supporters in our country.

please tell me you are on a wind up?

In my opinion nothing can be worse than football fans from Cardiff and surrounding areas following Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc, I pity them, LOYALTY TO YOUR HOME TOWN CLUB I SAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: There wouldnt be so many small Clubs if people were.

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:01 pm

I'm an ex egg chaser. I started playing sport but football came first but then got to comprehensive school and it was only rugby! I think we played 2 football games in 5 years!

I did pretty well with rugby in all honesty, Welsh School boy caps, county/district honours, Welsh Rugby League caps, Ospreys U17's trial(I played my rugby for Resolven so came under that region) but it all faded away when I took a knock during my last trial before the contract came about! My knee was playing up but obviously wanted to try and get in the squad so said nothing about it. Had to come off during the game and from then on I realised it wasn't going to be, had two years off with a few other problems, tried again but wasn't feeling the game like I used to so got back playing football again and not looked back! I've been going down the city for the last 10 years(24 now) but only about 3 years ago I started getting a season ticket due to me playing games etc.

I hate the blues but that's down to when I played against their younger sides all scholarship boys in New College! No time for them and hope they fail in what they do!

Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:48 pm

you can blame corky or tlg :evil:

Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:08 pm

ive never understood it and never tried 2 or wanted 2,bein from a small valleys town i always wanted 2 b a bit different.following the mighty bluebirds caused me allsorts of bother years ago,its different now,im almost 40yr old and fought my corner...different clothes different attitude.where i live the rugby lot used 2 think they were better than me(and about 8 of my friends)they always seen us as the troublesome lot but it wasnt us shovin our dicks in eachothers mouths then going home and beating our wives up (and any1 elses)after wales losing a 6 nations game.enuff said.