Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

pub plastics

Sun May 09, 2010 9:40 am

Had a few up the pub yesterday and asked the boys are they coming out to watch the city.....
I then realised there is not one cardiff fan in there....they all liverpool,chelsea ,man utd...
they all said they`ll be out later to watch the prem games after. they felt they had to belittle city, with no care in the world if we went up. I asked them if we did go up, and Manutd played cardiff who would you want to win...They all said man utd and looked at me like I was some spaz.
I then asked who they would be cheering in world cup and they replied "anyone bar england"
Of course i went on to say you support an english team at club level week in week out, they glory supporters and plastics(they hate that) etc etc.
Look , im a realist, i can understand that with children, they may slip on the bandwagon, but for fully grown men to knock cardiff plainly down has pissed me off for years.
I really hope we go up just to prove what a sleeping giant we always knew we were. and the kids start asking their dads to go to the games and for shirts for xmas.
I even try telling the plastics about our games every week with the english and how they constantly rip right into us at home and away, the old aberfan hahaha songs etc.
It has always pissed me off when pubs are full on man utd days and when city play on sky its just a handfull.
It made me realise that we can show not just the english, but the majority of welshmen that feel the need to support an english club that we exist

Re: pub plastics

Sun May 09, 2010 2:55 pm

same here mate I was really pissed off in work with the attitude of a few tossers ,who said even if city went up
they would come straight back down.
But that just about sums them up ,people like to knock them instead of getting behind them ,I never understand it.

Sun May 09, 2010 10:38 pm

They are the losers Chief. They never see their teams play live, only on the box and they have no idea what its like to have days like we had today. They are like oh we won the Prem but they feel flat because the only reason they support these teams is because they are successful in the first place. We have more in common with the gypos than these sad creatures i have respect for the genuine supporters who support there local teams. Let them support there Man U Arsenal Chelsea Liverpool's we don't need supporters like them. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun May 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Just don't speak to them about football...easy !!! it pisses them off more than you can ever believe.

'Sorry mate...I only talk about football to people that actually go'

Mon May 10, 2010 5:56 am

leehut wrote:Just don't speak to them about football...easy !!! it pisses them off more than you can ever believe.

that sounds a good idea

Mon May 10, 2010 9:05 am

leehut wrote:Just don't speak to them about football...easy !!! it pisses them off more than you can ever believe.

or talk football and it does not take long to realise you will know more about 'their' team than they do.

They may know the players but little of the history.

Get them to talk about anytghing else rather than their team and their lack of knowledge will show.

If I had a pound for every time I habve been called a Manc or a Scouser for cheering a goal against one of them. I dont discriminate. I hate them both.

Mon May 10, 2010 9:29 am

im with a few soo called chelsea fans talking about the title and all that crap never been to a game in his life and thinking hes there top fan and all that f*cking bellends!!

Mon May 10, 2010 4:08 pm

i say that too it really fucks them off !!

Mon May 10, 2010 4:30 pm

nugent wrote:Had a few up the pub yesterday and asked the boys are they coming out to watch the city.....
I then realised there is not one cardiff fan in there....they all liverpool,chelsea ,man utd...
they all said they`ll be out later to watch the prem games after. they felt they had to belittle city, with no care in the world if we went up. I asked them if we did go up, and Manutd played cardiff who would you want to win...They all said man utd and looked at me like I was some spaz.
I then asked who they would be cheering in world cup and they replied "anyone bar england"
Of course i went on to say you support an english team at club level week in week out, they glory supporters and plastics(they hate that) etc etc.
Look , im a realist, i can understand that with children, they may slip on the bandwagon, but for fully grown men to knock cardiff plainly down has pissed me off for years.
I really hope we go up just to prove what a sleeping giant we always knew we were. and the kids start asking their dads to go to the games and for shirts for xmas.
I even try telling the plastics about our games every week with the english and how they constantly rip right into us at home and away, the old aberfan hahaha songs etc.
It has always pissed me off when pubs are full on man utd days and when city play on sky its just a handfull.
It made me realise that we can show not just the english, but the majority of welshmen that feel the need to support an english club that we exist

I found it a little bit different to that mate, All the boys support man utd chelski, liverpool etc. When i seen them last week they were haha u lost 2-0, you wont beat Leicester, now seen them today and there giving it all, Cardiff are going up, im gunna get a season ticket. i wished them good luck on that :lol: