Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Joe Ledley

Mon May 10, 2010 10:07 am

I was the first to criticise his shocking performances pre hip-operations. But after we found out he was playing through the pain barrier with a debilitating injury, his Aberdare league-standard outings were completely justified.

Since he's returned Joe has proven why he's one of the most sort after players outside of the Premier League. I saw a thread on here and over at Planet Swamp that he's overrated. What a load of bollocks. He's not going to set the world on fire during the ninety minutes, but the amount of times he starts attacks with just the right measured pass, or breaks down his midfield opponents'forays into our half, is a lesson for anyone in the art of midfield work. What a new signing he's become!!

Re: Joe Ledley

Mon May 10, 2010 10:59 am

I agree, since he's come back he's been a revelation. That ball he played to Burke yesterday on the right before Chopra hit the post was delightful and he's been keeping things ticking over in midfield, allowing McPhail to try, and currently fail, to pull off the more extravagant stuff!

I know we didn't sign anyone in January but having him and Blake play the way they are it's been like two new signings.

Mon May 10, 2010 11:17 am

Burke was a bit below par yesterday, perhaps he's saving it for Wednesday nite!! :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 7:09 pm

I agree he's been superb. He reminds me of Willie Boland (with more skill and goals lol), the way his work does not stand out and catch your eye the way Koumas used to, but without it the team doesn't function and cant do the business at the other end of pitch.

Mon May 10, 2010 8:02 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Burke was a bit below par yesterday, perhaps he's saving it for Wednesday nite!! :ayatollah:

He played a more defensive role that's why. Very effective i thought with his tracking back. Leicester couldn't play :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Fair play Ledley had his best game This Season and Hudson :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 9:22 pm

glad that finally some agree with me. always backed ledley and he's proven to his critics what he can do. and all that nonsense from the riddler bout joe not willing to sign a contract, he was never offered one (knew that in the summer, but nobody wanted to know then)

cardiff born, cardiff bred and a 100% city fan :ayatollah: