Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bucket Collection: Fred Keenor Statue Fund

Mon May 10, 2010 10:28 am

Just a reminder to everyone that there will be a bucket collection to raise cash for the Fred Keenor Statue Fund before Wednesday's game against Leicester City. Collection will be inside the stadium close to the turnstiles, for the Bring a Pound to the Ground - and More! collection from 90 minutes before the game. Please give generously so we can honour a true Cardiff legend along with other members of the 1927 FA Cup winning team.

Re: Bucket Collection: Fred Keenor Statue Fund

Mon May 10, 2010 10:43 am

Just emptied my piggy bank and plan to put £3.46p it contains into the FK buckets :ayatollah: Every bit helps :D

Mon May 10, 2010 10:52 am

how much to we need altogethor then and has CCFC been approached for a donation ? :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 am

Martyn1963 wrote:how much to we need altogethor then and has CCFC been approached for a donation ? :ayatollah:

£84,000 (£16,000 already raised)

Yes CCFC have been approached but not surprisingly they are skint.

However, I think they have been very helpful in other ways such as allowing several bucket collections of which this the first. With projects like this big donators like to see the fans raise a sigificant amount themselves first before getting involved. So whilst it is annoying Ridsdale's pot is empty that shouldn't stop us from going ahead and doing it ourselves and hopfully big donations will come in once we have raised £40-50k

Mon May 10, 2010 11:01 am

Martyn1963 wrote:how much to we need altogethor then and has CCFC been approached for a donation ? :ayatollah:

£84,000 (£16,000 already raised) = 100k in total

Yes CCFC have been approached but not surprisingly they are skint.

However, I think they have been very helpful in other ways such as allowing several bucket collections of which this the first. With projects like this big donators like to see the fans raise a sigificant amount themselves first before getting involved. So whilst it is annoying Ridsdale's pot is empty that shouldn't stop us from going ahead and doing it ourselves and hopfully big donations will come in once we have raised £40-50k

Mon May 10, 2010 12:26 pm

i am down the back of the sofa as we speak, digging around for any odd pound coins to add to the cause. :ayatollah:

Mon May 10, 2010 1:09 pm

Peter Ridsdale gave his backing to the statue appeal - providing the club did not have to cough up any cash. Having said that the club officials like Wayne Nash have been extremely helpful and Steve Borley turned up for the photocall at the launch of the appeal. We hope that the new owner will see it as extremely good PR (not Ridsdale that is) to make a donation and get fans onside at an early stage.
The actual amount we need to raise is £85,000 but could be more if we have to pay VAT. This is something we are looking into.
Several fundraisers are planned during 2010 including selling limited edition statue miniatures, pin badges, a memorabilia auction, another bucket collection. Several fans, including the supporters' club, are contributing from events they are involved in and a record is also being made of I'll Be There With My Pick & Shovel with the proceeds from downloads, ringtones going to the appeal (more details in the Echo this week).

Mon May 10, 2010 2:11 pm

:lol:

The Riddler gave his backing as long as the club didnt have to cough up any cash, he could of at least started himself a Donation.

Mon May 10, 2010 3:28 pm

once again its the riddler not giving a shite about the clubs history. :twisted: