Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Clegg for Prime Minister?

Mon May 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Looks like the Tories have been tucked up :lol: :lol: :lol: Gordon Brown to resign and are opening formal talks with Liberal Democrats at the Liberals request apparently about forming a Lab/Lib coalition. Just putting it out there as a possibility that they may offer Clegg the big job if not but at least plenty of Liberals sitting around a cabinet table holding positions of power :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Clegg for Prime Minister?

Mon May 10, 2010 5:08 pm

I don't think they can offer clegg for prime minister. I think it has to be a Labour prime minister.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:13 pm

what a terrible thought, i'd rather 4 more years of brown and i hate him too.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:18 pm

Krsuty the clown can be prime minister as long as they keep the tories out :lol:

Mon May 10, 2010 5:29 pm

PtB wrote:Krsuty the clown can be prime minister as long as they keep the tories out :lol:

My thoughts entirely :lol: :lol: :lol: . Looks like the Tories have had their opportunity. Could now be a Rainbow coalition of Labour, Liberals,Plaid Cymru, SNP, Greens etc etc. The only other option is for the Tories to try and go it alone as a minority government and that won't last long without the support of other parties. So another election in short order may be necessary.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Clegg might be trying to frighten the Tories into giving more concessions on PR voting by flirting with Labour.

Mon May 10, 2010 5:44 pm

the tories should tell clegg to go and f*ck himself , form a minority government and call another election in october.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:00 pm

the blue path wrote:the tories should tell clegg to go and f*ck himself , form a minority government and call another election in october.

Do that and the from the very first vote in Parliament they would be in trouble, they have no majority. :lol:

Mon May 10, 2010 6:02 pm

I've never believed the tories and lib dems could work together and hope that they can't.

It's fair enough that they enterd into talks with them to see what they could get out of it, but I think too many of their views and policies are miles apart.

Also taking into account, up here anyway, there is absolutely no support for the tories, while the lib dems did ok - they'd kill off their Scottish vote very quickly, and there is Scottish elections to come next year.

It certainly makes politics semi interesting :lol:

Mon May 10, 2010 6:05 pm

PtB wrote:I've never believed the tories and lib dems could work together and hope that they can't.

It's fair enough that they enterd into talks with them to see what they could get out of it, but I think too many of their views and policies are miles apart.

Also taking into account, up here anyway, there is absolutely no support for the tories, while the lib dems did ok - they'd kill off their Scottish vote very quickly, and there is Scottish elections to come next year.

Aye and the tories were gonna slash the budgets for both Wales and Scotland so cant understand anybody from here or up there even considering voting for them.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:16 pm

obviously the tories wouldn't be able to govern with a minority government thats why i said they should call another election to get the majority they need, i didn't vote for the tories and i wouldn't if they called another election but i do think that being as they got the most votes and the most seats they should be the next government.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:19 pm

ihatealiens wrote:
PtB wrote:I've never believed the tories and lib dems could work together and hope that they can't.

Aye and the tories were gonna slash the budgets for both Wales and Scotland so cant understand anybody from here or up there even considering voting for them.

Absolutely right and I find it amazing that anyone who works in the public sector in Wales or Scotland would have voted Tory.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:20 pm

ihatealiens wrote:Aye and the tories were gonna slash the budgets for both Wales and Scotland so cant understand anybody from here or up there even considering voting for them.

Exactly - I just don't get why anyone would sanction getting into bed with them.